PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jeff Howe of NESN thinks Brandon Spikes is not thrilled to be here

Status
Not open for further replies.
So because Spikes tweeted that he missed the earthquake (which was felt in Foxboro, wasn't it?), he's not in Foxboro. I'm usually a Jeff Howe fan, but this looks like an awful lot like speculation to me. Worse, it's the kind of stuff that gets the rumor mill churning, and after a few days it becomes fact in its own right, whether it was true in the first place or not.

This reminds me of Adalius and people thinking he wanted out in a thread 2 years ago,that time it turned out that way.

I wouldn't relate the two yet because there is nothing to say Spikes loves it here or not
...But Spikes indeed is a mystery until we see him on the field and all I have heard is he has an ankle injury.

Noone has a clue what those tweets are referencing or even if they are really coming from Spikes.
I say all tweets come from the real person unless that person doesn't have a twitter account. the only time they don't come from the originator is when something inflamatory gets posted and the world turns against them. Then, suddenly, their account has been hacked or would it be a family member posting on their account?

The spikes situation will certainly be interestign to follow. But, if he doesn't feel like he can be a success here, then I wonder where he'll find a better situation...player coach like they have in Seattle?

if winning matters, there are few places to go and he's already in one of the best places.

Last edited:
Spikes tweeted me yesterday that the rumors are correct, he hates the Patriots.

Good God--I looked at his twitter account. Is he writing in english? How can you take anything away from that incoherent gobbleygook?

From all we know, "hell on earth" could be his way of sounding tough.

New team rule: no twitter accounts.

TC?? Rehab?? Pee in a cup program?? (which he landed in because of his positive test on his ADHD meds...

Really, social media is killing these kids...but it's become so addictive for most of this generation they can't seem to forego it.

Good God--I looked at his twitter account. Is he writing in english? How can you take anything away from that incoherent gobbleygook?

From all we know, "hell on earth" could be his way of sounding tough.

New team rule: no twitter accounts.

Does he ever talk football on there?

As I said before,I am not a Twitter Fan and don't read the players much unless it's a link from an article

So because Spikes tweeted that he missed the earthquake (which was felt in Foxboro, wasn't it?), he's not in Foxboro. I'm usually a Jeff Howe fan, but this looks like an awful lot like speculation to me. Worse, it's the kind of stuff that gets the rumor mill churning, and after a few days it becomes fact in its own right, whether it was true in the first place or not.

I think a large portion of MA didn't feel anything.

I'm in MD right now, and we got hit pretty hard, but I didn't feel the 2.8 Aftershock at all, and the 2.8 Aftershock was probably stronger down here than the actual earthquake was in MA.

This whole thing is ridiculous. "Hell on earth" is about exactly how I'd describe NFL training camp, and double sessions.

Or a bad injury.

Is this the same malcontent who stayed a hour after practice signing autographs when the Pats held their practice for season-ticket holders in Gillette stadium? Howe's a good reporter, but I think he's reading way too much into these tweets.

I've rad through his tweets. You could definitely read into his posts and see a lack of contentment. But you can never figure out what he's unhappy about something.

I've followed his tweets for a couple of weeks now as well as other Pats players.

I noticed a couple of things:

1) He's very immature.

2) Unlike others, very few of his tweets are about football, the upcoming season, the team.

He "seems" like a little bit of a head case.

I say we hold off on any more Gators for a while.

Says the guy who spends his free time following player tweets like a voyeur...

So we are making judgments based on a Twitter account. I don't like that Spikes tweets so much, but it is stupid to judge messages 140 characters at a time.

I mean the "Hell on Earth" thing on his profile could mean a number of things. It could mean he hates the Patriots or New England or he thinks he is a dominant force that he is like Hell on Earth.

This is part of the reason I don't follow Twitter too much. A lot of people post a bunch of crap that can be taken in so many different ways.

Like who????

Hernandez?
Cunningham?
Spikes?

I'm sorry, not willing to declare Spikes a bust because some NESN guy decided to go all Miss Cleo on his Twitter account.

So we are making judgments based on a Twitter account. I don't like that Spikes tweets so much, but it is stupid to judge messages 140 characters at a time.

I mean the "Hell on Earth" thing on his profile could mean a number of things. It could mean he hates the Patriots or New England or he thinks he is a dominant force that he is like Hell on Earth.

This is part of the reason I don't follow Twitter too much. A lot of people post a bunch of crap that can be taken in so many different ways.

I was thinking Hell On Earth could be

1) He thinks playing against him in a game is like being in Hell
2) He does not like to live in the Boston area
3) He is not content as a Patriot
4) He has no idea what he really means by that other than it sounds cool as a location name

Last edited:
Hell on earth could be anything. Could be the injury. Could be rehabbing. Could be training camp. Could be a personal situation. Could be acid indigestion. Could be that he really likes the song Hell on Earth by Mobb Deep.

The concept of twitter is lost on you apparently.

Probably because you have to suspend logic and reason and grammar and just chill and let your thoughts just flow and fill your followers in on your latest bathroom trip. Yeah he probably doesn't get it.

Hernandez?
Cunningham?
Spikes?

I'm sorry, not willing to declare Spikes a bust because some NESN guy decided to go all Miss Cleo on his Twitter account.

Hernandez has proven he is a keeper

Cunningham has not had enough time to show us much yet

Spikes could be an asset like Hernandez or he could be more like Chad Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey