PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jeff Howe of NESN thinks Brandon Spikes is not thrilled to be here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooops. Maybe the should have kept Tyrone McKensie

I think it's obvious that Spikes thinks Tom Brady is a girl.

There goes the season

Wow. Reading a lot into a twitter account, right? It's kinda funny actually - if I was an athlete I would just f*** with people and post anything just to get a bunch of news about nothing. Or if I was a FA I would fly around to every state's team just to keep people guessing where I'd sign, LOL.

On a more serious note - I doubt he's unhappy. I don't know what his deal is but it's hard to imagine a guy in his 2nd year would go against the Patriots. I mean it's possible but it's not like Spikes is some grizzled veteran with a strong presence in the locker room so he can get away with this behavior. He's pretty much a rookie, lol. But if he's unhappy about playing for a top 3 team in the league with the best HC/QB, then we can ship him to Seattle or Carolina and see how much fun he has. :)

He hates his coach. Or, they hate their coach ?

He has to feed his family. Or, he has to feed their families ?

He's not going to kiss his rings. Or he's not going to kiss their rings ?

I'm confused. Who's this about again ? Jeff Who ? Who ?

If Spikes is a malcontent it is largely because he wants to have a bigger impact. But make no mistake about it, Spikes loves to win and all the Patriots do is generally win big. He wants a Superbowl ring, this is just a matter of wanting to have a bigger impact on the team.

If Spikes is a malcontent it is largely because he wants to have a bigger impact. But make no mistake about it, Spikes loves to win and all the Patriots do is generally win big. He wants a Superbowl ring, this is just a matter of wanting to have a bigger impact on the team.

REALLY hope you're right. I'm in the "I truly think he can have an impact on this team, but can't for the life of me understand (1) why he is not on the field (2) what #Powwwww means (3) why he's in hell on earth" camp.

See the guy with the ball, hit the guy with the ball. Forget the rest of this crap, Brandon.

Don't know what is going on but the rampant speculation on this board that spirals up into 'we should cut this guy' or 'trade' etc is quite humorous.

So, in that vain, my wild speculation: Maybe 'hell' location comment refers to not his football situation, but rather the silly prima donna girlfriend who wants to twitter made up things ? Maybe the 2 year comment is about the contract situation until he starts making more serious $ to support his hussy's lifestyle. or...............

maybe we should all just wait til he shows up on EITHER a practice field or an injury list.

If you go to his twitter account, and apparently Ian has been communicating with him this way, he most writes about finding a "natural woman"... otoh Training Camp is hell for many, long tedious and just grinding it out getting ready for the season..

Me thinks that the local mediots have too much time on their hands, and need to read more into shyt than there really is..

Twitter

If you go to his twitter account, and apparently Ian has been communicating with him this way, he most writes about finding a "natural woman"... otoh Training Camp is hell for many, long tedious and just grinding it out getting ready for the season..

Me thinks that the local mediots have too much time on their hands, and need to read more into shyt than there really is..

Twitter

They are looking for an easy "story." Many just don't want to do the work.

They are looking for an easy "story." Many just don't want to do the work.

Mike Reiss — of course — did the work and talked to Spikes. All seems well.

Spikes on the Pats: ""I'm happy to be here, the opportunity. I'm with a great team, a phenomenal coach. I'm excited. Hopefully I have a long career here."

Spikes on Twitter: "I like to play around. I have a decent sense of humor, and stuff like that. That's why I say, don't read too much into it."

For those who've read Spikes's Twitter and wondered, "huh?", Reiss's item is a good chance to see some full-sentence quotes.

Spikes sparks up social media chatter - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

Nice article by Mike Reiss. It's good of him to actually ASK the person and do some actual reporting, instead of reading a few tweets and going into Speculation Mode.

Actual reporters like him are few and far between. We're lucky to have him covering our team.

Nice article by Mike Reiss. It's good of him to actually ASK the person and do some actual reporting, instead of reading a few tweets and going into Speculation Mode.

Actual reporters like him are few and far between. We're lucky to have him covering our team.

Yea we are, minimal hysteria, he is the first site I go to before coming on this forum.. he does great work with detailing the snaps played of each player.

He seems to be somewhat trusted by the Pats Organization and players as well..

Yea we are, minimal hysteria, he is the first site I go to before coming on this forum.. he does great work with detailing the snaps played of each player.

He seems to be somewhat trusted by the Pats Organization and players as well..

Yep, Reiss is excellent.

Greg Bedard at the Boston Globe is the other guy in my go-to-team for Patriots info.

If true, this might be the third strike that ships him out: Sex tape scandal, failed drug test, bad attitude.

Problem then is who replaces him on the roster? Hopefully Fletcher's thumb won't be a big problem.

The failed drug test? You mean the one that he has a legitimate prescription for? The prescription he notified the league about prior to his being drafted?

Spikes was suspended for failing to file the proper paperwork after he was drafted. It was BS...

Yep, Reiss is excellent.

Greg Bedard at the Boston Globe is the other guy in my go-to-team for Patriots info.

Definitely. Bedard has overtaken Rapoport as a top-2 news guy for the Patriots, and I think he's easily the best X's and O's guy who covers the Pats. (Although Mike Rodak is pretty good himself.)

Definitely. Bedard has overtaken Rapoport as a top-2 news guy for the Patriots, and I think he's easily the best X's and O's guy who covers the Pats. (Although Mike Rodak is pretty good himself.)

Bedard has risen to #1 in my eyes.. In the short amt of time here, he's really take control and been in active with his information.. Guys up like 20 hours a day tweeting new info or answering questions.. LOVE IT

Bedard has risen to #1 in my eyes.. In the short amt of time here, he's really take control and been in active with his information.. Guys up like 20 hours a day tweeting new info or answering questions.. LOVE IT

I agree with this. He doesn't bring the personal vindictiveness that the other reporters at the Globe do.

Rapaport doesn't often do this, but he seems to have something against Meriweather for some reason.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back