PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Could Brandon Spikes be suspended for his current tweet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the joke was funny and I don't think he should be punished for it, but athletes in general should stay clear from voicing their opinions or comments about homosexuals especially if their stance don't align with the media. The media is obviously pro-homo and they go out of their way to bully whoever speaks publicly against their pro-gay stance.

Interesting comment/question on PFT.com wondering what Spikes's reaction to this one would be: What do you call a Florida Gator in a business suit? A defendant.

Pretty tough considering none of us are in either's shoes and go off of mediot talk.

Personally, if he's performing, who cares?

I'm bored of our soft image. Where's it actually got us since 2004? We tell Jets fans two AFC Championship games doesn't constitute achievement, well neither do two Super Bowl defeats and one of the biggest choke jobs in AFCCG history.

Spikes is what ths team needs...it's what we've lacked since our dominating defence of the dynasty era. I'd say get off his back, let him be who he wants to be and let him continue being what he is...so far the best and most consistent player on our defence and a huge play maker.

There's a very keen difference between being dumb publicly and having a tough attitude on the field my friend. Soft image? Tom Brady, the Ugg wearing mextrosexual, is our QB?

Seriously?

Last edited:
Pretty tough considering none of us are in either's shoes and go off of mediot talk.

I'm bored of our soft image. Where's it actually got us since 2004? We tell Jets fans two AFC Championship games doesn't constitute achievement, well neither do two Super Bowl defeats and one of the biggest choke jobs in AFCCG history.

Spikes is what ths team needs...it's what we've lacked since our dominating defence of the dynasty era. I'd say get off his back, let him be who he wants to be and let him continue being what he is...so far the best and most consistent player on our defence and a huge play maker.

He is far from being the most consistent player on defense. He brings a lot in terms of instinct and being a playmaker but he has whiffed just as often either by one-gapping the wrong hole (overpursuing) or failing to 2-gap where required (e.g., allowing himself to be trapped or forced to one gap).

What he is known for is his great attitude, great mentality, but not for his brains or what comes out of his mouth. He would be wise to shut the **** up, and even better, get off twitter.

He is far from being the most consistent player on defense. He brings a lot in terms of instinct and being a playmaker but he has whiffed just as often either by one-gapping the wrong hole (overpursuing) or failing to 2-gap where required (e.g., allowing himself to be trapped or forced to one gap).

What he is known for is his great attitude, great mentality, but not for his brains or what comes out of his mouth. He would be wise to shut the **** up, and even better, get off twitter.

Someone with some sense. Thanks

Maybe not the most appropriate thing to say, but IMO, it was a joke. Simple as that. Some people are easily offended, and some are not. I do agree that he has to be a little more discreet with his tweets, but I think some people are just blowing this thing up for no other reason than to just raz themselves up.

FWIW: I kind of chuckled at it.

Maybe not the most appropriate thing to say, but IMO, it was a joke. Simple as that. Some people are easily offended, and some are not. I do agree that he has to be a little more discreet with his tweets, but I think some people are just blowing this thing up for no other reason than to just raz themselves up.

FWIW: I kind of chuckled at it.

The point isn't if the comment was appropriate or not appropriate, after all everyone has the right to say what they want, but when you start talking about something like this, and this includes religion, politics, etc. It's a lose-lose proposition, because no matter what you say, people will find a way to get offended.

Unfortunately with BB and/or Kraft, we've seen that they're not above disciplining players or yanking them (e.g., Welker and his foot commentary). So what I'm afraid of is the more Spikes opens his mouth, the less we may see of him on the field. I feel that he is very invaluable to the defense because he brings attitude and a nastiness that we've been missing for a long time so I wish he would just shut the hell up and just focus on football.

The type of 'professional' you are talking about really doesnt describe a 24 year old NFL LB though.

Which is why he probably won't face any real discipline.

Wilfork and Mayo are the most consistent players on the Pats' defense, and nobody else is particularly close.

I don't think there are many, if any, high-profile jobs where one is not held accountable for one's public statements.

His 'public statement' is a non event. He said he's scared of gays in his bathtub. Umm, that's a dumb statement but it's not a slur. He can be scared of whatever he wants to be scared of, whether its spiders or people. Anyways he tweeted it was a joke, a bad one, but whatever. Young kids will say dumb things, but it certainly didn't hurt anyone.

I DO agree that he needs to be more careful what he says on Twitter. A few words can do a lot of damage in this day and age. This was close to something but not over the line by any means. Hopefully Brandon learns from it.

Last edited:
Wilfork and Mayo are the most consistent players on the Pats' defense, and nobody else is particularly close.

That's a matter of opinion. Mayo may well be a tackling machine but he's never really had big play ability. He's as big a liability in pass coverage as Spikes.

Spikes brings something to the defence no one else does.

Wilfork and Love have been woeful at generating pressure up the middle as well.

Last edited:
I found David Spade in mine. Said he was just testing the water. I fed him to my spider.

Found a Spade in your tub? I would have screamed.

Regards,
Chris

rofl

Spikes is awesome.

This is nothing more then a young man whistling at the babes walking by a construction site. Young + hetero = "hey bebe" or I don't suck the cack. Big farking deal. Why do people in the public eye not get to pronounce there heterosexuality? If he came out of the closet and said he had a crush on Brady, people would applaud him. The problem here is not that Spikes is afraid of gay people, but, that gay people are angry that he made a joke about not being gay. Big farking deal.

Why do people in the public eye not get to pronounce their heterosexuality?

here's one major reason...her famous quote from the early 70's "dead men don't rape"..

Prisoner of Sex: Radical Feminist Andrea Dworkin's Fight Against Hypersexualized America

images

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe