PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Could Brandon Spikes be suspended for his current tweet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people in the public eye not get to pronounce their heterosexuality?

here's one major reason...her famous quote from the early 70's "dead men don't rape"..

Prisoner of Sex: Radical Feminist Andrea Dworkin's Fight Against Hypersexualized America

images

That's not one major reason. It's a long 5 page snooze fest Jet's fans can fill their time with for their sudden off season. I got through maybe 2 paragraphs of the first page. Oh yeah. ***. is that the new "n" word not allowed to be uddered?

It used to be that you could joke with people and they knew there was no malice meant. Now if someone craps in the street and you crinkle up your nose you are made out to be the villain of a Lifetime movie. We teach our kids to have such thin skin nowadays and we wonder why when someone makes fun of them they end their life. Hell if kids nowadays talked to each other the way me and my good friends did when I was a kid we would have a REAL suicide epidemic. Kids are so freaking sheltered now if you criticize them for not cleaning their room you have to go to full suicide watch and remove all the sheets and sharp objects in the house. I swear we live in a society where Phil Donahue would be considered a manly man.

It used to be that you could joke with people and they knew there was no malice meant. Now if someone craps in the street and you crinkle up your nose you are made out to be the villain of a Lifetime movie. We teach our kids to have such thin skin nowadays and we wonder why when someone makes fun of them they end their life. Hell if kids nowadays talked to each other the way me and my good friends did when I was a kid we would have a REAL suicide epidemic. Kids are so freaking sheltered now if you criticize them for not cleaning their room you have to go to full suicide watch and remove all the sheets and sharp objects in the house. I swear we live in a society where Phil Donahue would be considered a manly man.

The battle between estrogen and testosterone is now in complete swing in estrogen's favor. Women and homos are clearly winning.

Let's put this into perspective folks. Slauson ended Cushng's season with a dirty hit from behind. And he only got a 10k fine, no suspension. And you guys think Spikes should get suspended for a mildly controversial tweet? That makes no sense.

This is nothing more then a young man whistling at the babes walking by a construction site. Young + hetero = "hey bebe" or I don't suck the cack. Big farking deal. Why do people in the public eye not get to pronounce there heterosexuality? If he came out of the closet and said he had a crush on Brady, people would applaud him. The problem here is not that Spikes is afraid of gay people, but, that gay people are angry that he made a joke about not being gay. Big farking deal.

This extremely stupid post was your 666th post. You've been outed, Sanchez. :rolleyes:

The battle between estrogen and testosterone is now in complete swing in estrogen's favor. Women and homos are clearly winning.
There are estrogen like chemicals in the plastics of all foods and drinks packaged with it. Sperm counts are dropping very rapidly.

Re: Could Brandon Spike be suspended for his current tweet?

Funny tweet, sure my gay brother would agree.

I love Spike's tweets-

4NMZt.png

Nowhere in this thread did I mention the First Amendment. What I mentioned was free speech. They are not the same thing. The first Amendment is merely the mechanism by which speech was supposed to be protected against abridgement by the Federal Government.

As for the rest, I'll leave that to others.

Either you are don't know the law, dont know history, live under a rock, or are merely trolling . . .

but when 99% of the humans in this country talk about "free" speech there are refering to the principle that we can speak "free" from any unnecessary emcumbrances, and more specifically penatlies, from the Government . . . the reason why we are secure (and have this) in this free speech is due to the First Amendment . . . . the First Amendment allows us to have this free speech those 99% speak of . . . so there are one in the same/interchangable . . .

we are always "free" to speak behind close doors and amongst friends, the "free" issue deals with when we do so publicly and if there are any ramnifications . . .

Please don't try to get cute with words . . .

Last edited:
Per Boston.com

A tweet from Patriots linebacker Brandon Spikes has stirred up controversy once again.

On Wednesday, Spikes posted a comment about homosexuality.

“I’m homophobic just like I’m arachnophobic. I have nothing against homosexuals or spiders but I’d still scream if I found one in my bathtub!” he wrote.

Many Twitter users criticized him for the post, even after he later tweeted “PEOPLE !!!! It’s a joke … seriously a JOKE !!! Chill out.”

--------------------
Will Rodger Goodell suspend Brandon for this?

I much as I hate PC and the whole crowd that get up in arms at anything that comes remote close to African Americans when maybe 25% of the stuff is twisted and taken the wrong way . . . I have to say, I can see how some might be offended by the comments as it could be taken as condesending . . .

First off, why did he pick homosexuals as opposed to coaches, salesman, lawyers, media people, colorman as broadcaster, Michael Felger, Quaterbacks, or Seattle Seahawks, etc . . .

Second, he singled out and identified a specific set of people . . . okay maybe okay, but it has no relations to himselfs . . . is not like he is picking out and making fun of QBs with whom he might want to make fun of, or media, or Felger, you can see why or a connection he would want to make fun of them . .. but the homosexuals comment is out from left feild . . .

Third, what I find most troubling is the fact that he put them in the same catagory (i.e. being found in his tub) as spiders, which outwardly might be someting you look down on, are creep crawler, somthing you squash like a bug, somethings that most humans associaate as being unwanted, not in their presense or frankly removed from thise earth . . .

so the problem arise is that he made correlation between homosexuals and something most of the human race wishes to squash out on sight, is creepy, and not general wish to exist on this earth . . .

I find the joke very funny and can take it with a grain of salt . . . i would much pefer him connect sports writers and spiders (and have a connection cause most althetes dont like writers) . . .

But stepping back I can see how some would take offense as a person comes out of the blue mentions a set of people with whom has no connection (and thus no immediate reason to speak about) and make an direct (or at least off hand connection ) between them and something most of us find unwanted and want to squash . . .

I had no problem with Jimmy the Greek's comments or Rush Limbaugh's, and feel like they got a bad rap, but in this case I can see why many would be offended . . .

Edit: He should not be fine, unless someone makes a clear derogatory statement, Godell should stay above and policital and/or policitally correct issues . . .

Last edited:
here's a short version of Dr. Kamau Kambon's famous speech in North Carolina...

Dr. Kamau Kambon wants to kill all white people - YouTube

here's the entire speech, if you have the time...it fleshes out how and why he arrived at his conclusion...

Kamau Kambon advocates exterminating all White people - Long Version - YouTube

Dr. Kambon was not suspended for this speech. in fact, he was cheered, and loudly at the end of it....now people here want Brandon Spikes's blood for a tweet that pales to invisibility compared to this recorded, televised speech?

People say insensitive crap every day that there's a human race...this bull***** thread reminds me of the time Jimmy Swaggert grabbed the airwaves to denounce Jim baker and the PTL...only to be caught with the ugliest hooker in American history..and a subsequently tawdry,maudlin "I've SEA-OOOOONED!" publicly televised sobfest.

Halloween approaches...now seems like a good time to remind everybody, there's skeletons in every closet of every house in America. Live and let live....stop all this ridiculous moral compassing.

This thread is gay

He said something stupid. We all do. Now lets worry about the real problems in this world. Really give it a rest. There are people out there killing, robbing, hurting...Not hurting feelings, HURTING! Lets move on. Geez

If he hasn't been suspended by now hes not going to be. Other than this thread i haven't heard a word about the tweet since the day he sent it.

First off, why did he pick homosexuals as opposed to coaches, salesman, lawyers, media people, colorman as broadcaster, Michael Felger, Quaterbacks, or Seattle Seahawks, etc . . .

The only thing Spikes is guilty of is repeating a joke he thought was funny, on twitter. That joke happened to be about gays and spiders.

A lot of people have had kneejerk reactions to that, including many posters in this thread because of the sensitivity of the subject. When you wade into controversial subjects like religion, politics, or sexual orientation, there are just no winners.

He is at his best when on a football field, and so he should stay focused on that, and just keep his mouth shut so he can keep playing.

This is one of those bizarre Energizer Bunny threads--after ignoring it forever, I had to check in to see why it's still hanging around. Still don't get it. He made a joke, nobody cares, let it drop.

This is beyond goofy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe