PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jeff Howe of NESN thinks Brandon Spikes is not thrilled to be here

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's because the medium is being treated as though it holds validitity when in truth it holds next to none. There is no longer any standard for actual relevant news and now it's just throw everything at the wall and repeatedly spew whatever anyone can get to stick, as we saw with the unnamed source bullsh.t about Mankins holding up the CBA and the hate he received because of those garbage reports. And the worse part is that those spewing it are never held accountable, they spread garbage and then simply go quiet when it turns out they were full of crap, and move on to spread more dirt about more people. Twitter sucks imo.

Mo, you crafty old bastid. You hijacked townes account!

Trade Spike for Brooks Reed:) I wish (if Spikes hates being here that is)

Last edited:
How about taking his statement (Hell on earth) in the opposite manner: I'm injured, can't practice/play, but I WANT TO PLAY! After waiting all spring and most of summer...I'm still waiting to get out there and kick some butt... = hell on earth for B. Spikes.

It's like a lot of Red Sox fans' mentality: If something seems good there HAS to be something wrong beneath the surface waiting to bite us in the @ss -at the worst possible time. Don't get me wrong- I like the Sox, it's some of the fans mentality that sucks.

As far as the two years, maybe he just signed a two year Uggz (however you spell it) promo contract while he was drunk. Woke up the next morning, his girl tells him what he did... two years in hell. There ya go. Problem identified.

I don't care what Spikes thinks or feels.

He has pros (right place right time sort of player)

He has cons (not so fast, immature (witness off field actions, and how he behaves when he's not engaged)

We have various issues on the D:

Merri
Brace
Spikes
Butler
Wright

Some due to injury, some due to not being as good as hoped/drafted, others due to inability to pick up the scheme, or just plain jerkiness.

The correct question here is to divine what BB thinks about it all. The PUP, IR, and 53 man roster will tell some of it, the amount of snaps most of the rest.

BB has worked very hard in the past two years to shed the dead dogs we picked up from the end of the 2004 season thru 53 man prior to 2010. Given that effort, I see BB as less patient with this sort of thing (if indeed it is "that sort of thing").

Given the depth of the choices, hopefully we deal some guys before they are cut, but I expect to utter a couple of whoas when we see the 53 man.

I have no special insight into Spikes, and playing Quija Board with some tweets is something I have no time for, but, hey knock yourselves out.

Last edited:
why would it be??? Did Meyers team run a 3-4? Most college teams run a 4-3 or a 4 man front

No. They ran a base 4-3 but I remember couple of snaps in pass downs, where they were in a 3-4 w. JC as a 2 pt 34 OLB and an another LB on the other side.

Basically it was a 4-3 under defense, with w 3-4 look playing w. 4-3 players. Saw it 4 times back in 2009.

This reminds me of Adalius and people thinking he wanted out in a thread 2 years ago,that time it turned out that way.

I wouldn't relate the two yet because there is nothing to say Spikes loves it here or not
...But Spikes indeed is a mystery until we see him on the field and all I have heard is he has an ankle injury.

It's entirely possible that it's true. Nobody's saying that it's impossible. But fr every Adalius Thomas scenario, there are dozens of other speculative stories that never pan out (remember the 'growing rift' between Brady and the Patriots?). Most sportswriters throw a bunch of speculation at the wall, and when one or two of the stories pan out, they latch onto that for credibility and assume that we'll forget the rest. To his credit, I know that Howe is better than that and doesn't really operate that way. I think this story was a little irresponsible to write, since the reasons that were given to support the speculation were pretty flimsy (he even acknowledged that in the article). Hopefully this doesn't pick up too much traction until/unless some more tangible evidence comes up.

It's hard to take people's personal Twitter accounts as gospel, and when you start looking into Twitter subtext, you veer right off the cliff of common sense, IMO. There are a million different things that Spikes could have meant by hell on earth (example: being in training camp and/or being injured). There are a million things he could have meant by missing the Earth quake, considering that pretty much the entire Northeast was hit by it. I'm certainly willing to bet that he wasn't in DC (why would he be? Haynesworth wasn't even in DC and he had been there the day before for his plea).

Last edited:
Two tweets from Spikes a few minutes ago:

“Boy I tell u . It ain’t what u think Smhhhh”.

Followed by “#ToBeHonest ur opinion will never matter to me at all !!! Lol they like *******s, evr body got 1 #Powwwwwww”.

I sure hope he isn't unhappy here. He could be a big piece to the puzzle.

Two tweets from Spikes a few minutes ago:

“Boy I tell u . It ain’t what u think Smhhhh”.

Followed by “#ToBeHonest ur opinion will never matter to me at all !!! Lol they like *******s, evr body got 1 #Powwwwwww”.
I wish we knew what that meant

There should be a new job on the virtual market called Twitter Translator for hire

Greg_A_Bedard Greg A. Bedard
RT @monwalker: Caserio says that LB Brandon Spikes is in good standing with the team as in meetings and working hard.
10 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

for what it's worth, I asked Mike Reiss and this was his response:

MikeReiss Mike Reiss
@bigatrop Haven't heard anything along those lines w/ Brandon Spikes. He's a 2nd-year player. Burden on him to fit in; not other way around.

If true, this might be the third strike that ships him out: Sex tape scandal, failed drug test, bad attitude.

Problem then is who replaces him on the roster? Hopefully Fletcher's thumb won't be a big problem.
The sex tape scandal is a strike? he should be given a medal.

this is talked about in another thread also...last thing bb wants is a malcontent. I think he's out of here. he and brace...big time busts. hopefully they can get something for these guys.

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Ha.

Greg_A_Bedard Greg A. Bedard
RT @monwalker: Caserio says that LB Brandon Spikes is in good standing with the team as in meetings and working hard.
10 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

If what Caserio is saying is true,that is good to hear

I don't want malcontents like Moss and Thomas on this team anytime soon and Spikes is a good player so great news.

1. Patriots linebacker Brandon Spikes tweeted Tuesday that he missed the earthquake by 30 minutes, and I really wonder if that means he wasn't with the team in Foxboro at that time since, you know, the epicenter was in Virginia.

2. Spikes' Twitter account has taken some controversial twists and turns over the last couple of weeks. His location reads "Hell on Earth"...

If the first were true, wouldn't it imply the second was referring to Virginia? How can you read both of these as anti-Patriots at the same time? Logically, they are mutually exclusive.

Last edited:
for what it's worth, I asked Mike Reiss and this was his response:

MikeReiss Mike Reiss
@bigatrop Haven't heard anything along those lines w/ Brandon Spikes. He's a 2nd-year player. Burden on him to fit in; not other way around.

For everyone who hates twitter, that, in a nutshell, is why I love it. How else are you going to get a near-instant response from a Patriots beat writer about a question that you have? On a similar note, the same night that the new CBA was completed, I received clarifications on specific provisions of it from an NFL agent who was involved in the process. That just wasn't possible a couple of years ago.

I'll never understand why some people think that the free flow of information is a bad thing. If it's made it easier for some writers to be lazy, then so be it, but I'm not sure that that's true anyways. To say that people are tweeting instead of writing in-depth, insightful content is just factually untrue. All that it really means is that breaking news and in-depth analysis no longer go hand in hand. You have the former first, and then the latter comes after.

Last edited:
If the first were true, wouldn't it imply the second was referring to Virginia? How can you read both of these as anti-Patriots at the same time? Logically, they are mutually exclusive.

except Virginia isn't hell on earth, even if an earthquake just hit it. remember, virginia is for lovers....

For everyone who hates twitter, that, in a nutshell, is why I love it. How else are you going to get a near-instant response from a Patriots beat writer about a question that you have? On a similar note, the same night that the new CBA was completed, I received clarifications on specific provisions of it from an NFL agent who was involved in the process. That just wasn't possible a couple of years ago.

I'll never understand why some people think that the free flow of information is a bad thing. If it's made it easier for some writers to be lazy, then so be it, but I'm not sure that that's true anyways. To say that people are tweeting instead of writing in-depth, insightful content is just factually untrue.

I would read a twitter from a well known and good reporter or sports writer to get info that didnt even hit the national sports news, but the players??....Nah

Last edited:
How does the ped testing work in the NFL once a player has faile a test? How long are they in the program and how often are they tested?

Maybe he is a little down because of the injury and having to piss in a cup all the time.

Or maybe it's a personal matter. Maybe he's in a bad car lease situation and hates the vehicle but is stuck with it for 2 more years.

I hope he gets back soon.

#Powwwwwwwwwwwwww

Spikes, by the way, had been at his locker today, as a book bag was there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back