PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It's been a great run

Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

Virtual Internet Person
Reaction score
It's been a great run, guys, and it may resume next year, but no matter what happens, we have much to be proud of:

1. One of the greatest runs (3 out of 4 Super Bowls) in NFL history.

2. We hold the records for longest winning streak (regular season - 18), longest winning streak (regular season and playoffs - 21) and longest winning streak (playoffs - 10).

3. We still have Brady and Belichick.

Tonight wasn't our night. 5 turnovers. Brady was off, missing wide open receivers when he was NOT pressured, several times. Adam was off.

We completely dominated - between turnovers. That's why it is hard to take this loss... if we had been able to hold onto the ball we would have won this game handily.

Now we'll have a longer offseason to prepare for next year. Now Belichick will be able to get some rest and recharge for another run. Now well get higher draft picks.

Right now, it sucks, but we'll be back.

PromisedLand said:
It's been a great run, guys, and it may resume next year, but no matter what happens, we have much to be proud of:

1. One of the greatest runs (3 out of 4 Super Bowls) in NFL history.

2. We hold the records for longest winning streak (regular season - 18), longest winning streak (regular season and playoffs - 21) and longest winning streak (playoffs - 10).

Tonight wasn't our night. 5 turnovers. Brady was off, missing wide open receivers when he was NOT pressured, several times. Adam was off.

We completely dominated - between turnovers. That's why it is hard to take this loss... if we had been able to hold onto the ball we would have won this game handily.

Now we'll have a longer offseason to prepare for next year. Now Belichick will be able to get some rest and recharge for another run. Now well get higher draft picks.

Right now, it sucks, but we'll be back.

The run is far from over.

Hell yes we'll be back.

The run just took a brief pause. This year I have been as proud of this team as I have the SB winning teams.

Please change the title of the thread, it sounds like we are back with the pack.

We are not.

On paper we should again be the team to beat.

PromisedLand said:

One item that never gets any love, even among us: Mr. Deion Branch. He just gets better every year (he led this week's postseason games in yards) and he's back too. That fills me with almost as much hope as Brady and Bellichick (after all, Tom needs someone to throw to :) )

Plus, this'll get easier once the trolls fade away and we can start talking about New England as a team again :D

The Gr8est said:
Please change the title of the thread, it sounds like we are back with the pack.

We are not.

On paper we should again be the team to beat.

I agree. And if you think we look good on paper now, wait until BB and Scott get done in the off season.

Last edited:
PromisedLand said:
I didn't say it was, but nobody knows.

Last night on WEEI they played an audio clip of a locker room interview some nitwit was conducting with Tedy. Tedy used the work over to describe the season. This twit then asked him if he felt the run was over. His response (and I paraphrase my 2AM recollection) was "Do I think the run is over - did you ask me that? DID YOU ASK ME THAT? Do you know who the guys in that locker room are? Get out of my face."

If you don't know this run is nowhere near over, Tedy has a message for you.

MoLewisrocks said:
Last night on WEEI they played an audio clip of a locker room interview some nitwit was conducting with Tedy. Tedy used the work over to describe the season. This twit then asked him if he felt the run was over. His response (and I paraphrase my 2AM recollection) was "Do I think the run is over - did you ask me that? DID YOU ASK ME THAT? Do you know who the guys in that locker room are? Get out of my face."

If you don't know this run is nowhere near over, Tedy has a message for you.
Calm down everyone. Take a deep breath. Read my post again, which began with "it may resume next year" and ended with "we'll be back". I agree with all of you who think the team's success will continue. But there are no guarantees, and the fact remains that nobody, not Tedy Bruschi, not Bill Belichick, no one but God knows what is going to happen. So get off it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft