PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"It Is What It is"

Sam Bam Cunningham

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
quote from Ivan which I agree with
My tin foil conspiracy Theories

What is going on:
1. Why was Mayo (with no coordinator experience) hired instead of Vrabel- easy. he is a patsy who will do whatever "Thunder" and his son JK tell him to do.
No matter what anyone says he is not qualified to be a HC in the NFL
2. Why did Kraft let Wolfe run the show instead of hiring an experienced GM for Free agency and the Draft- Same as #1, he is a patsy that Thunder and JK can boss around and not getting any flak in return like Bill
3. Why is this organization not trying to be competitive in 24?- They knew even with a great roster rebuild they would not be competitive this year in the tough AFC, so Thunder and Jonathan decided to not spend a lot of cash on what is likely to be a last place team regardless of moves.
4. Why hire Alex Van Pelt as your OC when he was just fired from another team- Their first choice Caley wanted nothing to do with this train wreck

The team's reputation in the league with players, coaches and front office personnel is in the toilet. We saw how the team was ranked in the anonymous Players survey. The Jets are actually a more respected team than these guys.

I get it now. The year will be a downer and there are no quick or easy fixes. Patriots fans will need to take their medicine for a few years...because Bill destroyed this team for 4 years.
There have been plenty of examples in recent history of quick turnarounds from low points (Chiefs, Niners, Ravens, Eagles, Cowboys< Rams and Seahawks) but Bill could not do this and now the team is paying the price for his ineptitude.

I have zero confidence that Kraft can get this organization out of this mess. His hire of Mayo and handing the keys to Wolfe are evidence that his decision making is based on who he can most easily control not on who is best for the team.

Please do not tell me to go root for another team. I am here for the down years and no matter how bad the management, I will not leave.

What is going on:
1. Why was Mayo (with no coordinator experience) hired instead of Vrabel- easy. he is a patsy who will do whatever "Thunder" and his son JK tell him to do.
2. Why did Kraft let Wolfe run the show instead of hiring an experienced GM for Free agency and the Draft- Same as #1, he is a patsy that Thunder and JK can boss around and not getting any flak in return like Bill
3. Why is this organization not trying to be competitive in 24?- They knew even with a great roster rebuild they would not be competitive this year in the tough AFC, so Thunder and Jonathan decided to not spend a lot of cash on what is likely to be a last place team regardless of moves.
4. Why hire Alex Van Pelt as your OC when he was just fired from another team- Their first choice Caley wanted nothing to do with this train wreck

The team's reputation in the league with players, coaches and front office personnel is in the toilet. We saw how the team was ranked in the anonymous Players survey. The Jets are actually a more respected team than these guys.

I get it now. The year will be a downer and there are no quick or easy fixes. Patriots fans will need to take their medicine for a few years...because Bill destroyed this team for 4 years.
There have been plenty of examples in recent history of quick turnarounds from low points (Chiefs, Niners, Ravens, Eagles, Cowboys< Rams and Seahawks) but Bill could not do this and now the team is paying the price for his ineptitude.

I have zero confidence that Kraft can get this organization out of this mess. His hire of Mayo and handing the keys to Wolfe are evidence that his decision making is based on who he can most easily control not on who is best for the team.

Please do not tell me to go root for another team. I am here for the down years and no matter how bad the management, I will not leave.
I'll take that to go please BB/HC handcuffed both Mayo and Wolf in Year one. Short summary we are going have to hit early and often in this upcoming Draft. We Cannot afford to have a BB type Draft that will get the regime fired we'll will finish 4th again.

1. He most likely had clause in his contract to be the successor to BB. That’s the reason he dropped the CAR interview to come back to NE. We’ll find out soon if he is capable of being a HC.

2. Wolf was in the running to replace Ted Thompson, but lost out to the guy’s name I’m too lazy to see how to spell.

3. They need to try to sign someone significant at this point. Not the Beau Allen signing and Vandalorian type trades like last year.

4. This was a terrible hire.

JFC, free agency began 19 hours ago.

Love you Sam, but deep breaths, and maybe less time on sports-related websites.
It is early but let’s be honest free agency started a lot longer than 19 hours ago.

It is early but let’s be honest free agency started a lot longer than 19 hours ago.
We lost in FA after all those WR's got tagged. Those were our Fears that came to fruition. :(

This feels like everyone else in the NFL is having a great time this offseason. While we sit at the bottom of the league in misery.

Dump on everything that was good in the past and give up on the future all in one post.

im-not-even-mad-thats-amazing.gif

If you think FA started 19 hours ago… buddy I have news for you.
The "legal tampering" period began Monday.

Free Agency began at the same time the new league year did: 4:00 pm ET on Wednesday March 13.
No contracts can be signed prior to that.
Oral agreements, which are 100% non-binding, could happen starting at noon on Monday.

What is going on:

I completely disagree about Wolfe being unqualified. Wolfe and Highsmith are arguably the only qualified (for their position) people we have in the front office or coaching staff.

It gives me a degree of confidence that there is a plan to primarily build through the draft and we simply have to wait and see before deciding they failed. It will infuriate the fanbase but that’s just how it’s gonna be for the next year.

What is going on:
1. Why was Mayo (with no coordinator experience) hired instead of Vrabel
Because Vrabel isn't that good and Mayo has split defensive duties with Steve for years and is probably our single most seasoned assistant coach. Make no mistake, Mayo's got the talent and the brains to get this done. We'll see how it pans out but I'm actually optimistic. In a way, this is an endorsement of the Belichick era by bringing in a guy who's worked closely with the elder Belichick for the better part of a decade.

2. Why did Kraft let Wolfe run the show instead of hiring an experienced GM for Free agency and the Draft
Because an experienced GM would take a good look at the pigslop we call a roster and go elsewhere. We're in a hole. No premium GM is going to volunteer to climb into that hole for us.

So far Wolfe appears to be making sound and practical decisions based on the state of the roster. No overreaches, keeping the powder dry, bringing in high floor talent to try to stabilize key areas of the roster and above all, retaining our veterans. I'm moderately impressed, with the full understanding that there's a LONG way to go.

3. Why is this organization not trying to be competitive in 24?-
This team isn't going to be competitive in 2024. We are not 1-2 big flashy moves away from being relevant. It's going to take time and hard work to set everything right that went wrong in the last few years of Belichick. We're on a 2027 plan right now. That's the music, might as well face it.

4. Why hire Alex Van Pelt as your OC when he was just fired from another team
because the offense is hot garbage and every OC with enough experience to fix that hot garbage has been fired at least once. OCs get fired. It's just a thing that happens to them. He's probably a step up from the absolute mess that was going on at OC last year for this team so I'm inclined to give him some benefit of the doubt.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back