PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is this the end of a potential Chiefs dynasty?

Depends how you view a dynasty. I felt like a significant run that really seperates /distinguishes a team from the rest of the sb winners is a dynasty.

Teams thats i feel jump out and deserve the label:

Both patriots versions (each one had its own special core of guys outside of the 2 common links bb and brady)

Early 90s cowboys

80s 49ers

70s Steelers

I understand and respect your view though.
The Pats kind of redefined a dynasty because they spanned two decades as opposed to half a decade or even one decade like those other teams on your list.

The Pats kind of redefined a dynasty because they spanned two decades as opposed to half a decade or even one decade like those other teams on your list.

Yeah its definitely different. Also depends how you view the 9er dynasty since they had a 5th sb in 94 but it was pretty much a whole new team by then while still making several nfcc trips

Yeah its definitely different. Also depends how you view the 9er dynasty since they had a 5th sb in 94 but it was pretty much a whole new team by then while still making several nfcc trips
49ers are second only to the Pats—17 years, 5 Super Bowls, never less than 10 wins a season except for the strike year. Now that’s a dynasty

I think they got ****y and thought that having three elite players on offense would be enough. It wasn't.

You could have prime Gronk, Rice, and Payton on offense. It doesn't matter a lick if the QB is taking unnecessary sacks. Or going for a home run instead of the single every time.

Mahomes needs to learn to take what is given. I believe he will improve on this. Brady was so good at not forcing the ball to certain receivers. He took what the D gave.

It doesn't help that we continue to through out thrash defenses onto the field either. I mean there are some bad players on defense.

I expect defense to be the number one priority in the draft/FA. Marcus Williams and Chandler Jones are out there.

I really hope they've come to the realization that they are no longer that much better than everyone else. Buffalo and the Rams may have better overall teams. The Chargers are close to being SB caliber too.

Sorry for the rant. But that Bengals loss just reeked of disrespect to the opponent. Not taking them seriously.

I think some things can be improved, some can’t.

Mahomes is good enough to be the best QB in the league for years. I don’t know what the hell happened in that game…a really bizarre meltdown. We’ll see how it all plays out.

I agree…he will be better of he sticks with the first reads and play designs. That was much of his problem at the start of the year. After finally learning patience, the Chiefs were rolling by making defenses pay for that two high safety look. They may have lost the AFCCG because he made a couple of highlight, improv plays and then totally abandoned the gameplan, which had helped him tremendously in getting into those situations.

I don’t think he’ll improve on his other bad habits. If he doesn’t release the ball quickly, he‘s simply not great at improvising which is problem he had all season. He runs around in the backfield or drifts right and to the outside. Even though sometimes that gets a highlight reel play, you can tell the play is dead as soon as he starts with that crap. That simply isn’t how NFL offenses work. And I think he simply bails on the pocket for no reason, quite frequently, despite stellar blocking.

what happened is the Bengals took away his first read from the pocket in the 2nd half, and limited his ability to break out of the pocket and play his brand of school yard ball. Andy Reid has not bothered to address this current flaw in Magones game and I'd assume the Chiefs will get a bonafide ex-NFL QB to instruct the KC QB on reading his progressions from the pocket this offseason.If this happens,you won't see the horrific meltdown he had in the 2nd half of that AFCCG .

what happened is the Bengals took away his first read from the pocket in the 2nd half, and limited his ability to break out of the pocket and play his brand of school yard ball. Andy Reid has not bothered to address this current flaw in Magones game and I'd assume the Chiefs will get a bonafide ex-NFL QB to instruct the KC QB on reading his progressions from the pocket this offseason.If this happens,you won't see the horrific meltdown he had in the 2nd half of that AFCCG .
Mahomes has admitted in the past that he’s not great at reading defenses.

I’m in the minority, but I’ve always seen them as two dynasties, despite BB + Brady.

#1 Bruschi, Willie, Law, Branch, Vrabel

#2 Gronk, Edelman, HT, DMac, Slater

I think some things can be improved, some can’t.

Mahomes is good enough to be the best QB in the league for years. I don’t know what the hell happened in that game…a really bizarre meltdown. We’ll see how it all plays out.

I agree…he will be better of he sticks with the first reads and play designs. That was much of his problem at the start of the year. After finally learning patience, the Chiefs were rolling by making defenses pay for that two high safety look. They may have lost the AFCCG because he made a couple of highlight, improv plays and then totally abandoned the gameplan, which had helped him tremendously in getting into those situations.

I don’t think he’ll improve on his other bad habits. If he doesn’t release the ball quickly, he‘s simply not great at improvising which is problem he had all season. He runs around in the backfield or drifts right and to the outside. Even though sometimes that gets a highlight reel play, you can tell the play is dead as soon as he starts with that crap. That simply isn’t how NFL offenses work. And I think he simply bails on the pocket for no reason, quite frequently, despite stellar blocking.
Agreed.

To add : I’ve always felt you’re better off with a cerebral, well-prepared QB than a pure athlete who makes poor decisions.

While I’m not saying Mac is the chosen one, I do like him because he seems ‘to get it’ and while he can’t compete in Sportscenter reels, I think his studying and quick release could lead to winning in NE.

I don’t know how much players improve upon decision making ‘once they’ve been around a while’ but there is no question Mahomes has many, many positive attributes.

I’m in the minority, but I’ve always seen them as two dynasties, despite BB + Brady.

It was 2 sets of players but even during the 10 years where they didn’t win a SB they went to 2 and a bunch of AFCCG games. They also never had a losing season and most seasons had the bye. That is why I see it as a continuation. They never fell off the map and were always the team to beat in the AFC.

I know what the Bengals did on paper to mix things up but when you watch the replays of Mahomes in the second half you literally see receivers break free and get open and Mahomes appears to look in their direction but he just doesn’t throw the damn ball. It’s incredibly weird.

The Chiefs walk a fine line between being a high flying legendary offense and a below average mediocre not efficient offense.

Once one of Hill/Mahomes/Kelce etheir leaves or their play slips. The Chiefs won't be as sexy of a name.

I've said it to my friends who are Mahomes fans - once Kelce is gone - Mahomes loses that security blanket and once Tyreek demands top of league money (and they pay him or let him walk) that offense is going to be in alot of trouble. Their window current day was directly tied to that trio being the fastest,youngest, most explosive unit in the league. They no longer are.

Mahomes also has come crashing back down to earth..that's the biggest problem for the chiefs ...the expectations and the hype after the 50 TD SB season were astronomical. Some were already proclaiming him as the goat. Some folks still are lost in the hype from all that noise ... They refuse to believe or simply cannot compute that Mahomes isn't as good as everyone thought. Not the next goat. Maybe not even better than Josh Allen, Joe Burrow and Justin Herbert ...
You can see Kelce aging before your eyes, he runs like he’s stuck in mud now. I think Josh Allen has the tools/ability to leave Mahomes in the dust for best in the league. His performance in KC was off the charts, an average defense wins that game going away.

I agree and then some.

Look at this QBR debacle AND the SB vs Bucs and this regular season vs preceding seasons and tell me the Mahomes of 1st 3 years is not broken.
Remember THIS year's KC added OL draft picks AND Thuney to the offensive line.

Only a matter of time before comments like this. Mahomes isn't smart enough. LOL

The Chiefs walk a fine line between being a high flying legendary offense and a below average mediocre not efficient offense.

Once one of Hill/Mahomes/Kelce etheir leaves or their play slips. The Chiefs won't be as sexy of a name.

I've said it to my friends who are Mahomes fans - once Kelce is gone - Mahomes loses that security blanket and once Tyreek demands top of league money (and they pay him or let him walk) that offense is going to be in alot of trouble. Their window current day was directly tied to that trio being the fastest,youngest, most explosive unit in the league. They no longer are.

Mahomes also has come crashing back down to earth..that's the biggest problem for the chiefs ...the expectations and the hype after the 50 TD SB season were astronomical. Some were already proclaiming him as the goat. Some folks still are lost in the hype from all that noise ... They refuse to believe or simply cannot compute that Mahomes isn't as good as everyone thought. Not the next goat. Maybe not even better than Josh Allen, Joe Burrow and Justin Herbert ...
This has been my stance for a while. He's Russell Wilson 2.0.

I agree. Dynasties are defined by Super Bowl wins. They had a lot of success between '05-'13, but they had a 10 year drought in Super Bowl wins. It's still hard to believe they went 10 years without winning a Super Bowl.

I'd add Chandler Jones to #2. You could even throw in Amendola and Hogan as they had some big time clutch grabs in the playoffs. Throw in Blount as well.

What about adding Seymour to #1 and Wilfork to #2.
Wilfork won in Dynasty 1 and 2.

Tyreek "the wife beater and child bone breaker" Hill had the audacity to say they were chasing Michael Jordan. He is obviously a ****ing moron, but I thought it was particularly idiotic to reference chasing a basketball player when your own sport has an active player that was already even with Jordan at the time.

Unless he was talking about surpassing Michael Jordan in scandals swept under the carpet by the league. Jordan had the gambling thing. I am pretty sure the Chiefs have easily surpassed Jordan then. Only way it was going to happen.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back