PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is this in your top-5 favorite Regular Season wins of the Brady-Belichick-Kraft era

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Is this in your top-5 favorite Regular Season wins of the Brady-Belichick-Kraft e

Top 5 of the BB/TB/RK era?

Dude, I can barely decide the top 5 of THIS year. This win was definitely special, but over the years there have been so many more, and with greater importance to them that would be difficult for me to put this one alongside those.

It's definitely up there though, and I really enjoyed all 43 minutes of it. :cool:

Re: Is this in your top-5 favorite Regular Season wins of the Brady-Belichick-Kraft e

Sunday night defently number 1, but one of my favorite regular season games that no ones mentioned was 2003 @Miami. Didn't Seymour block 2 FG that game, refs screwed us on the coin toss in OT, and we still won with a Brady to Brown bomb. This was at a time when we always struggled at Miami. Huge win at the time.

To be honest, I don't think a game like this is close to my Top 5. As cool as it was the Superbowl wins are the best and that's already 3 spots. And then there's the blowouts (Titans, Redskins, for example.) Those were great. That first Moss game vs. the Dolphins was also incredible and really set the table for what was to come. Also the 31-0 Bills game after losing to them by the same score that Week 1 a few years back.

There's better choices for fans of domination, imho. I wouldn't call anybody wrong for putting this game in there, though. Not everybody likes to just see a whipping like I do.

On the Manning face scale, I also don't think this makes it. I'm pretty sure we got better ones a couple times out of his Colts tenure.

To be honest, I don't think a game like this is close to my Top 5. As cool as it was the Superbowl wins are the best and that's already 3 spots. And then there's the blowouts (Titans, Redskins, for example.) Those were great. That first Moss game vs. the Dolphins was also incredible and really set the table for what was to come. Also the 31-0 Bills game after losing to them by the same score that Week 1 a few years back.

There's better choices for fans of domination, imho. I wouldn't call anybody wrong for putting this game in there, though. Not everybody likes to just see a whipping like I do.

On the Manning face scale, I also don't think this makes it. I'm pretty sure we got better ones a couple times out of his Colts tenure.

No doubt the SB are the best, but he asked for Regular season games..

Absolutely, and one thing i will never forget is just how rattled Peyton looked by the weather. He looked like he was scared sh.tless from the start.

Pats/Colts 2007 should get a mention. IMO that was the real Super Bowl that year, as far as the two best teams in the league going against each other at full strength.
Too bad the Giants didn't agree.

Broncos game was easily best regular season win for me. Maybe even in patriots history. Pats-colts 07 was probably my 2nd favorite regular season win. Loved the chargers 07 game too. LT with the "we'd beat these guys 9/10 times." Classic.

BTW: Week 17 2007.

First time in United States History one football game is simulcast on 3 networks (SB I was simulcast on 2).

And the New England Patriots gave that unprecedented audience the first (and so far only) 16 win undefeated regular season, the QB record for TD's in a season and the WR record for TD's in a season.

It was (almost) a national coronation.

Last edited:

Sunday night defently number 1, but one of my favorite regular season games that no ones mentioned was 2003 @Miami. Didn't Seymour block 2 FG that game, refs screwed us on the coin toss in OT, and we still won with a Brady to Brown bomb. This was at a time when we always struggled at Miami. Huge win at the time.

I always thought 2 out of 3 rock paper scissors would be better than the coin toss. I could only imagine "Belichick's arrogance of choosing paper 3 times in a row cost the patriots big time."

No.

Not one of my favorites.

This was a frustrating game. Stupid turnovers against the Pats in the first quarter. Then a series of turnovers by the Colts. Horrid officiating - inconsistent, inattentive. Then a sudden win based on another goofy turnover.

Had the Patriots turned this around and marched down the field for the win it would be more satisfying.

The win was great, but left with frustration during and after the game.

There were many much more enjoyable wins for me.

yes definitely top 5.

i also loved ***kicking Bears in blizzard. i was watching it with bunch of bears fans in a big sports bar. all of my friends are bears fan too. it felt like heaven. it didn't have any drama, we just dominated them, but i've never felt so alive like that day. and they were in awe of brady, and i was so proud. i was wearing brady jersey.

One of my favorites - the first game at the new stadium against Pittsburgh, the season after New England beat Pittsburgh in the AFC Championship. After the AFC Championship game, Kordell Stewart had a post-game interview where he shook his head and said "the better team didn't win tonight." Every time Pittsburgh had a turnover or New England scored, they played that clip on the new big screen in the stadium. Great fun!

Others include the Denver intentional safety, the Butt-fumble, the Indy goal line stand game.

Hmmmm, top five, this is a tough one, but I'll go with............

1.) Pats at Miami in 2007 - I mean what an offensive performance. Brady 6 TDs. Two of them video game style to Randy Moss. "Hey, you run really far. I'll chuck it up there for you and you go get it."

2.) Pats at Miami 2003 - I mean, c'mon the underdog Pats win in OT on an 83 yard TD pass to Troy Brown. Does anything get better than that? Throw in the fact that the Dolphins didn't convert two would-be field goal attempts (end of regulation the other in OT).

3.) Pats at Giants 1996 - Pats recover from a 22-0 deficit to beat the Giants in the season finale and win on a game winning 4th down TD pass Bledsoe to Coates. The win secures the bye.

4.) Pats vs Titans 2009 - absolute demolishing of the Titans 59-0 in the snow. Brady, Moss, and Welker all have huge days.

5.) Pats vs. Broncos 2013 - instant classic, you know the reasons

Pats/Colts 2007 should get a mention. IMO that was the real Super Bowl that year, as far as the two best teams in the league going against each other at full strength.

Good point, that game both teams were undefeated.

The Colts ended up 14-2 that year, with the losses being to the 16-0 Pats and a loss to the Chargers when Vinatieri missed a chip shot field goal at the end.

If the Colts did edge the Pats (they were leading 10-0 at the time) they could have had the luxury of being the first 16-0 team. They were THAT close.

2.) Pats at Miami 2003 - I mean, c'mon the underdog Pats win in OT on an 83 yard TD pass to Troy Brown. Does anything get better than that? Throw in the fact that the Dolphins didn't convert two would-be field goal attempts (end of regulation the other in OT).

And the refs screwed up the cointoss for OT.

You have to pick another #3 as this is for the BB, TB and BK Era.

And the refs screwed up the cointoss for OT.

You have to pick another #3 as this is for the BB, TB and BK Era.

ah yes, that's what I get for not reading the fine print......

ok, I'll have to go with the Pats-Colts 2007 battle just because both teams came in undefeated.

This thread is awesome, brings back sooo many good memories. I personally like the close games more than the blowouts. The blowouts are fun (especially when it's supposed to be close) but the fear of losing makes the win that much better. Too hard to make a list so I'll just comment on a few things.

I had forgotten about the 03 game in Miami so thanks to those who reminded me.

There was a game against the Bears where we were down by 21 IIRC. As we were making our comeback Brady fumbled and I got pissed and stopped watching thinking we were dead. Luckily the people I was watching with didn't quit on the Pats and informed me the play got over turned, Pats ball. We went on to complete the comeback and win.

Houston last year was fun although not top 5. Pregame the mediots were talking about a changing of the guard in the AFC . . . swing and a miss on that one.

New Orleans this year was amazing as well.

But my all time favorite will always be 03 @ Indy. I said while watching "we should just let them score" thinking there was no way we could make 4 straight stops. Just incredible D.

Lastly this thread proves the fans that say "every season we don't win a Super Bowl is a failure" are full of it. EVERY year this team has a few memorable moments.

Jaguars/Patriots game during the 07 season was my favorite win of all time due to the Statue of Liberty play.

Go Pats!

No doubt the SB are the best, but he asked for Regular season games..

Taking the SBs out of it, it's still not even close for me. Nowhere near Top 5.

absolutely yes

i'm still excited now after 2 days...

a top 5 for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes