PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is this in your top-5 favorite Regular Season wins of the Brady-Belichick-Kraft era

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Is this in your top-5 favorite Regular Season wins of the Brady-Belichick-Kraft e

Taking the SBs out of it, it's still not even close for me. Nowhere near Top 5.

stop lyin'

Re: Is this in your top-5 favorite Regular Season wins of the Brady-Belichick-Kraft e

Patriots-Raiders AFC Playoffs January 1986.

So satisfying on so many levels.

Aren't we lucky that coming up with a top-5 is so very hard to do?

Regarding your #2 - - that one DEFINITELY (for reasons you forgot to mention). That was the first game after the Spygate scandal broke - - my stomach was twisted in knots for days....worst week EVER as a Pats fan.........

.....and then the Pats shoved it down San Diego's and the rest of America's throat on national TV that Sunday night.

That was as cathartic as it gets.

I'll never forget that game. The TV announcer said that Norv Turner had gone into "lockdown" before the game as he was worried about the Pats spying. I've never in my life wanted an opponent destroyed as much as I wanted it that game. The Pats delivered on all levels. It still warms my heart thinking of Norv with his deer in the headlights look on his face.

The Bronco's game belongs in or around the top 5. Other ones that come to mind are the Indy goal line stand game, the Bronco's game when Belichick took the safety, Brady's return in 09 on Monday Night when he threw 2 TDs in the last couple of minutes to pull out the win, a game about 25 years ago against Indy when Flutie bootlegged around the corner to score in the last moments to win the game, and probably my favorite of them all, the butt fumble game last year when we embarrassed the Jets in front of the world.

The next 5

I think so.

Some other ones in this era:

The Spygate game: 2007 week 2 vs Chargers. Put to bed some of the nonsense that was out there like the Pats being a 2 win team without spygate, or Brady would be out of the league by the end of the season. Yeah, people actually said that. If we lost that game the hate would have been insufferable.

Week 1 of 2002 vs Pitt. I've never seen a Super Bowl winning team as disrespected as those Pats were to open that season, and a lot of that disrespect came from the media, fans and even the Steeler players. I remember not one of the ESPN experts picked the Pats at home. Plus it's never a bad thing to annihilate the Steelers.

The 45-3 game against the Jest, although what happened a few months later took a lot of the air out of that balloon.

The 16th win of the 2007 season

The first Tebow game, incinerating the Broncos in Denver. Don't know why it was one of my favorites but it just was.

The intentional safety game against Denver was fun, although it annoyed me that Danny Kannell was able to have his way with the Pats D.

A couple of those wins over the Colts were fun too....

The Rams regular season game in 2001 is also on my list even though it was a loss....that was when I started to realize this might be a really special team we were watching....

all the ones I thought of are mentioned on the first page. I have no idea how to rank them or how to limit it to 5.

I do know that many Bronco fans think its a top 5 ever Denver loss and a few put it in top 5 all time, all team chokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe