PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is this in your top-5 favorite Regular Season wins of the Brady-Belichick-Kraft era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzafted

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Gotta admit I'm still flying high off this. Most of my family are Bronco fans, we moved to NE from Colorado when I was 12 and my little brother and dad never seem to have shook their affliction.

Maybe this is too far but I can't remember feeling better about a regular season win in the last decade...it's not quite at the level of the Super Bowl wins or the AFCCG win over Manning, but I've been floating since Sunday night. Got me thinking - what are your top 5 regular season wins since Mo Lewis became a New England hero in 2001.

1. DEN@NE 2013 - instant favorite. The stakes, the stage, being home underdogs, the way the whole thing played out...can't think of any that beat it.

2. SD@NE 2007 - All offseason we heard how they were going to get revenge and then it was a slaughter. I remember this being the first game that I realized how good Welker was going to be.

3. NE@IND 2003 - Goal line stand.

4. NYJ@NE MNF 2010 - Watched in a bar full of Jets fans. Hope this will flash in front of my eyes when I die. Didn't like how this one turned out later in the winter obv.

5. IND@NE 2004 - Huge defensive stops to secure the win, still remember Vanderjagt's face.

Don't want to gloat too hard, I expect we'll see a hungry Broncos team in the playoffs but for now I'm going to ride this wave.

Re: Is this in your top-5 favorite Regular Season wins of the Brady-Belichick-Kraft e

Gotta admit I'm still flying high off this. Most of my family are Bronco fans, we moved to NE from Colorado when I was 12 and my little brother and dad never seem to have shook their affliction.

Maybe this is too far but I can't remember feeling better about a regular season win in the last decade...it's not quite at the level of the Super Bowl wins or the AFCCG win over Manning, but I've been floating since Sunday night. Got me thinking - what are your top 5 regular season wins since Mo Lewis became a New England hero in 2001.

1. DEN@NE 2013 - instant favorite. The stakes, the stage, being home underdogs, the way the whole thing played out...can't think of any that beat it.

2. SD@NE 2007 - All offseason we heard how they were going to get revenge and then it was a slaughter. I remember this being the first game that I realized how good Welker was going to be.

3. NE@IND 2003 - Goal line stand.

4. NYJ@NE MNF 2010 - Watched in a bar full of Jets fans. Hope this will flash in front of my eyes when I die. Didn't like how this one turned out later in the winter obv.

5. IND@NE 2004 - Huge defensive stops to secure the win, still remember Vanderjagt's face.

Don't want to gloat too hard, I expect we'll see a hungry Broncos team in the playoffs but for now I'm going to ride this wave.

This win is definitely in my top 5. As is the thanksgiving Butt fumble! Will have to think of the others!

Re: Is this in your top-5 favorite Regular Season wins of the Brady-Belichick-Kraft e

Baltimore vs patriots mnf 07 is the one i still think about the most....even though i think in hindsight it cost the patriots the superbowl(treat every game like the superbowl and won't have nothing left when you actually make it to one)

Here are mine in no particular order (staying in the Brady/Belichick era for these):

Miami at NE in 2003. Probably my favorite of all time, but that was because I was in the stands. The snow "fireworks" was amazing.

New England at Denver 2003 - Belichick takes a safety on purpose? Is he high (or Mile High)? Nope! He just showed his genius.

New England at Indy 2003 - The goalline stand.

New England at Giants 2007 - Great game. Records set by Brady and Moss. Undefeated regular season.

Pittsburgh at New England 2002 - New England had no shot to do anything against the vaunted Steelers' defense. This game showed that Brady could exploit them with ease and started a trend that happened virtually every time they faced each other other than one game.

It's probably number one. Others would be the Deion Branch return game against the Ravens where the Patriots were down by 10 in the fourth and won in OT, the Colts 38-34 goal line stand (lot of big plays in that game if I remember right), the Saints game this year for the simple fact of the last time the two played, it wasn't competitive, plus it was Brady's first time beating Brees, and you could throw in a Jets or Steelers blowout game in my fifth spot.

It's up there, especially after this weird season. The Jets win on turkey day was huge as well

Definitely right up there at #1 or #2. The other game that really stands out is week 17 against the Giants to complete 16-0. Hell of a game that included the Brady to Moss TD to break both records.

Beyond that in no particular order would have to be 45-3, Titans snow game and Brady's first game back in 2009 against the Bills. Muffed punt and 2 late TDs to win it.

On the flip side, this isn't 2010, where the JEST were trying to avenge a humiliating loss.

Here, a rematch would force the Donkeys to remember that, "We were leading 24–0 and still lost. . . ." That should do wonders for their confidence. ;)

Pats/Colts 2007 should get a mention. IMO that was the real Super Bowl that year, as far as the two best teams in the league going against each other at full strength.

Aren't we lucky that coming up with a top-5 is so very hard to do?

Regarding your #2 - - that one DEFINITELY (for reasons you forgot to mention). That was the first game after the Spygate scandal broke - - my stomach was twisted in knots for days....worst week EVER as a Pats fan.........

.....and then the Pats shoved it down San Diego's and the rest of America's throat on national TV that Sunday night.

That was as cathartic as it gets.

Last edited:

Its tough to beat the 3 super bowls, but top 5 easily

Aren't we lucky that coming up with a top-5 is so very hard to do?

Regarding your #2 - - that one DEFINITELY (for reasons you forgot to mention). That was the first game after the Spygate scandal broke - - my stomach was twisted in knots for days....worst week EVER as a Pats fan.........

.....and then the Pats shoved it down San Diego's and the rest of America's throat on national TV that Sunday night.

That was as cathartic as it gets.

I agree.

Games that the Patriots win after having apparently thrown them away (like the first half on Monday) are very enjoyable but you can't feel the satisfaction that there is from watching your team apply relentless, overwhelming, dominant effort over a full three hours against an opponent that came into the game with every hope of winning.

Another is the "Tuna Bowl" against Dallas -- a relentless, defensive, low-scoring game that the Patriots held in an iron grip.

(But I have to disagree with one thing -- the worst week of the Belichick era came this summer.)

the win over NO this year was pretty great also.

Like i said before, this season has been really fun to watch, a few instant classics(NO, Den, if not for the refs Carolina)

(But I have to disagree with one thing -- the worst week of the Belichick era came this summer.)

Week 2 2007 was the worst to that point.

If there is one reason to call this the #1 RSGame of the BB-TB era. Is they can see once and for all why TB is a better QB than PManning.
The whole country got reminded of what kind of weather TB had to deal with from Nov. thru Jan. every year of his career in New England.How one QB thrived in bad weather and the other QB is a shell of himself in less than pristene conditions.
They were also reminded of the high drafted highly touted all world receivers Tom had to work with most of his career like Julian Edleman and Kenbrell Thompkins.
They saw one QB as an underdog at half time be behind 24 points with just 30 minutes to play comeback and win a game in an arctic windstorm while the other wish he anywhere else but where he was with 24 point lead.
I finally hope they see the distinction between these two QB's is.

To those who enjoyed Monday night:

The experience of watching that game was like being trussed up and suspended on the end of a bungee cord below a helicopter flying low over a mountain range. At the end, I was a gibbering wreck of gratitude that I survived. But "enjoyed"? Not sure that's the word!

1. DEN@NE 2013 - Brady vs Manning. An epic comeback I'll remember for a long time.

2. NE@IND 2003 - Stopping Manning from winning at the goal line was epically awesome.

3. PIT@NE 2013 - Set a new record of points against the Steelers with 55. Hahahahahahahahaha.

Hahahahaha.

4. IND@NE 2004- Manning getting sacked to put them farther away for the field goal which was then missed. Perfection.

5. NE@NYJ November 22, 2012- Ah, Thanksgiving. And what a Thanksgiving it was. The infamous Butt Fumble which Mark Sanchez will be forever known for. The Butt Fumble was in the middle of a 52 second disaster for the Jets as Pats scored 3 Touchdowns in 52 seconds. 1 fumble by Shawn Greene picked up by the Pats and Brady hits Vereen for a 83 yard TD. Next, Mark Sanchez's butt fumble picked up by the Pats and returned for the 2nd TD. And Finally, the Jets kick returner fumbles the ball into the air and a Pats player grabs it and runs it in for the 3rd TD.

The most entertaining 52 seconds I have seen in my life.

The context of this game is still forming. If the Pats go on a rampage for the rest of the season and blow out the other team in a cold Superbowl at Giants stadium, this game will probably shoot to #1 regular season game for many. This would become the first game of the FU Refs tour. The poetic justice of such a thing would make it my favorite superbowl win too. :D

Goodel ousted and jailed for a scandal following the superbowl would be icing on the cake.

I'll toss in the win @ the Jets in week 2 of the 2008 season. Brady was hurt, Cassel was starting his first game since high school, the Jets had Favre, and were coming off a road win @ Miami. Instead of getting blown out, New England basically controlled that game from start to finish for 19-10 win.

I always remember Adalius Thomas taking down Favre with one hand along with the running back who was trying to block him.

1. NO @ NE 2013
I fly all the way over from austria to watch the Pats in Foxboro and it was absolutely worth it.

2. IND@ NE 2013
What a rollercoaster ride,

3. NYJ @ NE 2010
Both team come in at 9-2 but only one team shows up to play.

4. NE @ IND 2003
The stand at the one yard line

5. SD @ NE 2007
Proving to the Chargers that they are not in our league.

But actually my all time favorite, which is not allowed by the wording of the opening post:

0. NE @ IND 2009
It might not have worked, but it was the bravest decision I ever saw a HC make, and it made me proud that it was our coach doing it. plus we actually converted, and played better anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes