PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is it about time for a new FG Kicker?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
What movie is that?

Usually it's where a once good player loses his edge......can happen at any time for a variety of reasons........Ghost had a series of miscues and to not mention that fact is being an ostrich, not exactly a Chicken Little......I have been following the Patriots since their inception......thru the blackout years when I had to listen to them on my radio because they didn't sell enough tickets to have games broadcast....

You have 20/20 hindsight by coming in and posting a dislike after Ghost has a good solid game with 3 FG's .....I am rooting for Ghost and held my breath before each one of his kicks, as you were I'm sure......

I hope that continues and he has worked thru any issues he had previously, whether they were physical or mental......I would hate to see another chip shot makeable FG or EP cost the Patriots a win in the playoffs...

Peace...

Gost has rebounded big time. But I want to see him continue it all the way to the end.

Yea he seemed to have righted the ship.

I am officially not holding my breath when Gostkowski goes out there anymore. He has had 3 perfect games in a row and hasn't really come that close to missing.

It was well-documented earlier that I was steadfast in my belief that Gost had lost "it" and that it would be very difficult, if not impossible, to regain "it.". I think I may have been wrong. He appears fine now to me, just the way he always did before his funk. I hope I'm continued to be proven wrong.

Usually it's where a once good player loses his edge......can happen at any time for a variety of reasons........Ghost had a series of miscues and to not mention that fact is being an ostrich, not exactly a Chicken Little......I have been following the Patriots since their inception......thru the blackout years when I had to listen to them on my radio because they didn't sell enough tickets to have games broadcast....

You have 20/20 hindsight by coming in and posting a dislike after Ghost has a good solid game with 3 FG's .....I am rooting for Ghost and held my breath before each one of his kicks, as you were I'm sure......

I hope that continues and he has worked thru any issues he had previously, whether they were physical or mental......I would hate to see another chip shot makeable FG or EP cost the Patriots a win in the playoffs...

Peace...

He's 17-18 of his last field goals. Am I wrong? [I might be]

One would think football would realize sometimes there are injuries we are not aware of ...

One would think football would realize sometimes there are injuries we are not aware of ...
Bingo, wouldn't be surprised to find out he was working through something and is now healthy. That's why I hate to rag on a good player having a bad streak with this team, most times we never know how bad theyre injured and played through it.

Today on WEEI that exact theory was offered in regard to Gost's earlier troubles - undisclosed injury.

He's 17-18 of his last field goals. Am I wrong? [I might be]

Like I said ...hindsight is 20/20

When I made my post on 11/27 he had missed 4 FG's and 3 XP's .....

In 2015 for the whole season he had missed only 3 FG's and NO XP's...

I, as well as others, was concerned there was a problem.......

I am glad that he seems to have come out of his funk.....whatever it was...mental or physical....

Yea he seemed to have righted the ship.
I have noticed the holder has been compensating to the right big time. I will like to know what directions his misses were going relative to the posts.

I am glad that he seems to have come out of his funk.....whatever it was...mental or physical....
its almost like patience was the smart thing

I have noticed the holder has been compensating to the right big time. I will like to know what directions his misses were going relative to the posts.
Pretty good observation.

Seemed like he was pushing them but I could be wrong

Today on WEEI that exact theory was offered in regard to Gost's earlier troubles - undisclosed injury.

The last time he struggled so much was in 2010, right before he tore his quad.

From Dec 1st.
I think we tried changing our strategy on kickoffs a little bit and Gost made some FGs. We should try to come up with another plan for kickoffs and let Gost make FGs. I'd rather give opponents a slighlty shorter field than risk Gost missing more FGs. As good as he's been throughout his career we can't risk him missing FGs in playoffs. Every single game could be a dog fight and we don't want to rely on his inconsistency this year to help us win.

Or maybe they actually did take a step back here. They went full in on the new KO rule and some connected the new approach to KO with Ghosts FG struggles. It seems they are less aggressive with KO now and FG are back to Gs norm ..

Who else thinks this thread is a contender for the 2016 season "I Don't Care, I Can't Stand It" award?

Definitely up there.. together with those "scared of the Ravens/KC/xyz" threads..

No you don't get a pass on that with the hindsight argument because numerous people called you and others of your silk out on how much of a knee-jerk reaction it was at that point.

Also some yokels in this thread were not only 'concerned' but were asking for his head without realizing how he has been nailing kickoffs for the most part this year, how cutting him would actually be a pretty hard pill to swallow in terms of cap space and also without any better alternative being available on the street.

The entire thing is among the stupidest storylines so far this year. Moreover, the constant overreaction to any fart coming out of Foxboro is one of the most mindnumbing things possible. We are slowly coming towards the final act of the greatest run in pro football ever and all people can do is nitpick everything about it instead of enjoying the ride.

that doesn't explain why kickers around the league are struggling though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST