PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is it about time for a new FG Kicker?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to be a chicken little but I've seen this movie too many times before.....

Yes it is, anyone who thinks he's a starter is out of their mind. Kickers need to be reliable, he isn't anymore, far from it

He's garbage now

which blows my mind because I thought I was sly mother effer drafting him in fantasy early because he hots everything and the Pats score a ton of points

He keeps missing these makebale FG's... perfect hold too...he is just chocking hard.

I think it's time to find a FA kicker.

I'm not sure in terms of this season what move there is to make. But, if the Pats happen to be on the clock late 4th round onward next year and fall in love with a kicker...wouldn't be opposed to them pulling the trigger.

Two thoughts here:

(1) It's possible he has an undiagnosed injury (remember he had the yips in 2010, too, before he tore his quad).

(2) The worst case scenario is that the Pats release him, he regains his form, and then the Colts or Donkeys have their kicker for the next decade.

I honestly think this might be a side effect of the kickoff changes screwing up his regular mechanics (similar to how Vinatieri became an UDFA because he was asked to punt, too).

Two thoughts here:

(1) It's possible he has an undiagnosed injury (remember he had the yips in 2010, too, before he tore his quad).

(2) The worst case scenario is that the Pats release him, he regains his form, and then the Colts or Donkeys have their kicker for the next decade.

I honestly think this might be a side effect of the kickoff changes screwing up his regular mechanics (similar to how Vinatieri became an UDFA because he was asked to punt, too).
Maybe that's why he's still here

Bill regrets letting Adam go so badly he's not going to get burned again

Well I'd first look to see how he does in the playoffs, you never know. If he's still reliable there (largely reliable aside from the missed pat last year) he may still be worth keeping around but even then its iffy.

If he stays in this funk, someone will at least be brought in to challenge his spot. With the kickoff moved back to the 35, strong legged kickers are not quite as valuable anymore, you just need an accurate kicker. And he really isn't irreplaceable from that standpoint, making too much $$ right now to be average to below average.

Something is definitely up with him this year but in fairness, he's been bad under pressure his whole career. That's nothing new.

I highly doubt we'll find a much better one out there mid-season.

Auburn has a good FG kicker. Might have to spend a mid round pick on him though.

Gost isn't going anywhere this year.....

I was thinking next draft if he doesn't improve....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes