PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is it about time for a new FG Kicker?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some players can get over a slump, others like Nugent and Walsh get crushed under it. Though it was understandable to question SG earlier in the year, it is time to congratulate his mental strength for getting through his tough time.

No you don't get a pass on that with the hindsight argument because numerous people called you and others of your silk out on how much of a knee-jerk reaction it was at that point.

Also some yokels in this thread were not only 'concerned' but were asking for his head without realizing how he has been nailing kickoffs for the most part this year, how cutting him would actually be a pretty hard pill to swallow in terms of cap space and also without any better alternative being available on the street.

The entire thing is among the stupidest storylines so far this year. Moreover, the constant overreaction to any fart coming out of Foxboro is one of the most mindnumbing things possible. We are slowly coming towards the final act of the greatest run in pro football ever and all people can do is nitpick everything about it instead of enjoying the ride.

LOL...OK I don't get a pass.....I'm crushed....

Speaking of hindsight...Cannon's head was on the block by many fans last year.....How does he look now?

I never said to cut him, especially this year, it wasn't going to happen.......There was a concern voiced.....don't get your panties in a bunch son....:cool:

I said in another post here " I was thinking next year's draft IF HE DOESN'T IMPROVE"

Every Patriot fan here, myself included, hopes he kicks with 100% accuracy thru the playoffs.......

BTW..this is a MB where everyone's opinion is voiced......If I agree or like something I usually give them a thumbs up or green check. If I disagree with something I will usually just scroll thru. I can't remember last time I gave a dislike........but that's just my nature.....

Have a Merry Christmas......

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if a report came out that he was nursing some kind of nagging minor injury after the season. He's looked much more dependable.

LOL...OK I don't get a pass.....I'm crushed....

Speaking of hindsight...Cannon's head was on the block by many fans last year.....How does he look now?

I never said to cut him, especially this year, it wasn't going to happen.......There was a concern voiced.....don't get your panties in a bunch son....:cool:

I said in another post here " I was thinking next year's draft IF HE DOESN'T IMPROVE"

Every Patriot fan here, myself included, hopes he kicks with 100% accuracy thru the playoffs.......

BTW..this is a MB where everyone's opinion is voiced......If I agree or like something I usually give them a thumbs up or green check. If I disagree with something I will usually just scroll thru. I can't remember last time I gave a dislike........but that's just my nature.....

Have a Merry Christmas......

Go back into the OL threads after the AFCCG game loss, look at the opinions a few people had on Cannon back then once we heard that Scar is coming back and be surprised that there are enough posters here that can stay level headed even in a sea of hot takes.

Anyway just go through posts done here and in other threads around the time where Ghost struggled and the proof of yokels asking for his head is right there.

Finally, if there is an opinion I disagree strongly with I will click the disagree button and then leave a reply to explain what I disagree with. I don't see anything wrong with this..

The last time he struggled so much was in 2010, right before he tore his quad.
hes struggled before, i think people were honestly more annoyed about the XP misses. Right now he has missed four and he missed three last year but he did miss six in 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST