PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Houston better than NE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be hard throwing the ball short to welker and gronk without it being tipped.

OK genius...I'll bite...WHY???

Because the Texans DL and OLBs have over 25 passes deflected.

My guess is that he means JJ Watt.
The guy is a beast but I expect the Pats are smart enough to account for where he is on every play.

I think the Pats will be prepared though.
I imagine they will have ball batting drills or something so that Brady gets used to avoiding linemen trying to knock down his throws.

remember when the bills beat the patriots in 2011.............

Last edited:
Patriots score 37 per game but 4.5 ppg came off of fumbles, interceptions and punt/kick returns.

32.5 Patriots to 29.7 Texans - less than a field goal difference between the offenses.

The defenses give up less than one point difference. A great match-up.

Great idea! Let's also take away each player's longest play of the game! That will also make the Pats-Texans offenses look a LOT closer! And take away all those goal line TDs by the Pats too! Yeah, see, the Texans look even better on paper now! :rolleyes:

Because the Texans DL and OLBs have over 25 passes deflected.

so 2 tipped passes a game is going to signify a rout of the Pats?

Brady hasn't seen D lines with the same or better height along the line???

Only THIS D line will tip Brady's passes...like all these other teams over the past decaDE haven't???

This is pure garbage speculation.

so 2 tipped passes a game is going to signify a rout of the Pats?

Brady hasn't seen D lines with the same or better height along the line???

Only THIS D line will tip Brady's passes...like all these other teams over the past decaDE haven't???

This is pure garbage speculation.

I didn't say it would be a rout or a loss....it will be low scoring game that will come down to the last drive.

remember when the Patriots WON 13 games in 2011???

obviously not....too busy hiding after the Buffalo loss...no wonder you're such a scared little bunny

Last edited:
first off...who says the Pats even face Houston?? you worry warts have a crystal ball out there??? give me the power ball number...

secondly..history does matter..until they get the choke monkey off their back they'll always be considered playoff chokers

third...this is the usual fantasy geek goo goo gaa ga baby puking by the fantasy nerds....oooooh they have this guy on the D line that tips passes...oooh he got all these sacks and tips...oooh this will all definitely happen to the Patriots because they are short and they throw short and they can't run and they...or they...what's that???? a noise outside?????RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!!"

it's the same CL crybaby crap from before the Jets game...you guys just NEVER EVER stop being negative Nancies...never

I don't think you know what you're talking about and are a bit outclassed in this discussion. Step away from the computer and grab another beer (I assume you've had quite a few already?)

How are the Texans choke monkeys? They made the playoffs for the first time in their young history and nearly went to the AFCCG with a rookie QB.

And history does not matter. There's so much roster turnover in the NFL and its a high variance sport to begin with. You can't mathematically model an NFL game.

The 2011 Pats have nothing to do with the 2012 edition.
And what the Bills have to do with the Texans again has absolutely no correlation.

I don't think you know what you're talking about and are a bit outclassed in this discussion. Step away from the computer and grab another beer (I assume you've had quite a few already?)

How are the Texans choke monkeys? They made the playoffs for the first time in their young history and nearly went to the AFCCG with a rookie QB.

And history does not matter. There's so much roster turnover in the NFL and its a high variance sport to begin with. You can't mathematically model an NFL game.

I don't drink alcohol or abuse drugs...so you can shove your personal insults where they belong.

Sounds like you're a real Texans fan...put your money where your big mouth is

We'll see. He looks awfully good to me in that offense.

Yep. Everything I've read about the kid has been solid and he has looked outstanding (except for that terrible pick just a few minutes ago).

The only issue is how much does Harbaugh put the game in the kid's hands. Hes got a great running game, good receivers and great D but in the playoffs, QBs need to make plays. As a 2nd year QB he'll either step up (like TB, Roethlisberger & Warner) or not.

Last edited:
Yeah, Houston is incredible at batting those passes down. Hopefully we'll be able to adjust a bit to that aspect.

remember when the Patriots WON 13 games in 2011???

obviously not....too busy hiding after the Buffalo loss...no wonder you're such a scared little bunny

Not scared, just cautious to what can happen.

The 2011 Pats have nothing to do with the 2012 edition.
And what the Bills have to do with the Texans again has absolutely no correlation.

The bills did a great job tipping the ball that game.

Not scared, just cautious to what can happen.

keep up the paranoia and someday you may be as famous as THIS cool guy...

neville-chamberlain-appeasement-robert-j-caputi-hardcover-cover-art.jpg

It's a thread about speculation. If you take that as negativity then so be it. So far you're just acting like an ass clown though.

By your standards Joker, if we're to play the Lions and people on this board were to express concern about covering Calvin Johnson we would all be Lions fans right? Pathetic.

Last edited:
It's a thread about speculation. If you take that as negativity then so be it. So far you're just acting like an ass clown though.

so...I'm a drug a addict, a drunk and an azzclown...one more insult and you'll have hit a grand trollam....

so...I'm a drug a addict, a drunk and an azzclown...one more insult and you'll have hit a grand trollam....

Who called you a drug addict? :/

You're acting a bit extreme and illogical. Debating unquantifiable things for fun might not be best suited for you.

The Texans are a good team. Why shouldn't people be worried about them? We play them in two weeks.

The bills did a great job tipping the ball that game.

That's great for them. I'll be cautious next time the Pats play the 2011 bills...

BB isn't an idiot believe it or not. He'll prepare his team for the Texans with their strengths in mind. But not before he pepares the Pats for the Dolphins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back