PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Houston better than NE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arian Foster, Owen Daniels, Andre Johnson, and Kevin Walter are all very good players. Arian Foster may just be the best RB in the league. He does everything. They have a solid OL and Schaub is pretty good too.

Hey guys, haven't posted on here in awhile. Looking forward to our game next Monday and some spirited discussion beforehand ;)

Outside of Welker, I would maybe take their WR's over our's and Foster is better than anyone we have on staff at RB (though it's unfair in way due to the fact that the Patriots employ RBBC), but, other than that, absolutely not. TE's, OL, and Quarterback all go to the Patriots by a landslide, IMO.

I don't know how you can say offensive line in a landslide when the Texans probably have the best offensive line player in Duane Brown and another pro bowler in Chris Myers.

I don't know how you can say offensive line in a landslide when the Texans probably have the best offensive line player in Duane Brown and another pro bowler in Chris Myers.

Patriots depth makes it a landslide, IMO. We have a budding franchise LT in Solder, a top 5 G in Mankins, a pretty good RG (when healthy) in Connolly, and an excellent RT (when also healthy). Behind them, we've had enough depth to where, even through the injuries, Brady's jersey is rarely dirty after a game and we've managed to also open up on of the top running games in the NFL. Texans OL is good, mind you, but I'd take the Patriots any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Also, a big welcome to the Texans fans. I've been posting on your guys' forum for the past week or so mixing it up. Your fans have treated me with nothing but respect there so far. Gotta love the southern hospitality. :cool:

:welcome:

Last edited:
really looking forward to this game. First glance, it would be low scoring affair which would favor the Texans except that the Pats offense is really flying (with the help of defensive turnovers) and the Texans defense is really struggling.

QBs favors Pats but the Texans running game is a "little" better. Receiving core favors the Pats but the Texans have an above average core as well.

Defensively, Pats D is capable of superb play at times and seems to really be coming together. Texans D is consistently strong in all aspects but it seems that injuries are really starting to take their toll. Cushing, Joseph, Reed, and James are significant loses.

It seems that this game could demonstrate the tipping point where the Pats show that they are top power in AFC going into the playoffs (Ravens appear to be fading a little as well).

I say nay!

really looking forward to this game. First glance, it would be low scoring affair which would favor the Texans except that the Pats offense is really flying (with the help of defensive turnovers) and the Texans defense is really struggling.

QBs favors Pats but the Texans running game is a "little" better. Receiving core favors the Pats but the Texans have an above average core as well.

Defensively, Pats D is capable of superb play at times and seems to really be coming together. Texans D is consistently strong in all aspects but it seems that injuries are really starting to take their toll. Cushing, Joseph, Reed, and James are significant loses.

It seems that this game could demonstrate the tipping point where the Pats show that they are top power in AFC going into the playoffs (Ravens appear to be fading a little as well).

No doubt that the Pats are going to come out looking to make a statement in this game. The game is at home and there are massive playoff implications on the line.

Hey guys, haven't posted on here in awhile. Looking forward to our game next Monday and some spirited discussion beforehand ;)

Congrats on a great season. Texans are a fine team, and you should justly be proud of them. Pats-Texa should be a nice game between two strong and balanced teams. BTW, thanks for kicking the stuffing out of the Ravens - that was one of my favorite games of the season!

Interesting article from PFF on Brown. Calling him the best this season and one of the best overall offensive players.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/11/28/analysis-notebook-week-12-2/

Patriots depth makes it a landslide, IMO. We have a budding franchise LT in Solder, a top 5 G in Mankins, a pretty good RG (when healthy) in Connolly, and an excellent RT (when also healthy). Behind them, we've had enough depth to where, even through the injuries, Brady's jersey is rarely dirty after a game and we've managed to also open up on of the top running games in the NFL. Texans OL is good, mind you, but I'd take the Patriots any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

I don't see it... good player but one of the best? ehhh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back