PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Houston better than NE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who called you a drug addict? :/

You're acting a bit extreme and illogical. Debating unquantifiable things for fun might not be best suited for you.

The Texans are a good team. Why shouldn't people be worried about them? We play them in two weeks.

alcohol is a drug...stating as fact that I have had numerous drinks implies I'm addicted..

Debating unquantifiable things for fun is a real hoot...what's next...a Root Canal Festival?

YOU can worry about other teams...I don't let paranoia infect my fandom. I think the Pats will beat them no matter how many "experts" think they won't...seems YOU have a carryover "Jet fear" psychological scar left over from Thursday that you've now tranferred to the Texans...good luck with that.

alcohol is a drug...stating as fact that I have had numerous drinks implies I'm addicted..

Debating unquantifiable things for fun is a real hoot...what's next...a Root Canal Festival?

YOU can worry about other teams...I don't let paranoia infect my fandom. I think the Pats will beat them no matter how many "experts" think they won't...seems YOU have a carryover "Jet fear" psychological scar left over from Thursday that you've now tranferred to the Texans...good luck with that.

Fantastic. Now keep it to yourself and stop trying to start witch hunts in every thread that contains a post with concerns.

Thank you in advance.

I won't

Fantastic. Now keep it to yourself and stop trying to start witch hunts in every thread that contains a post with concerns.

Thank you in advance.

no, I will not, Margaret Hamilton...I will exercise my rights as a US citizen to express my thoughts freely...if you don't like it,stop posting idiotic fairy tale scenarios and I won't have to respond.

grabs popcorn :rocker:

Re: I won't

no, I will not, Margaret Hamilton...I will exercise my rights as a US citizen to express my thoughts freely...if you don't like it,stop posting idiotic fairy tale scenarios and I won't have to respond.

I agree with what you're saying overall, but I'd like to interject that your rights as a US citizen have zero to do with your posting on a privately owned messageboard.

yeah...I thought of that...but for the sake of one person telling another what and what not to post I thought I'd sneak it in there ,Professor Holliday...it's like the "if the glove don't fit you must acquit" Johnny Cochran ruse.

You Americans are a funny lot.

when in doubt...lie

Watergate opened this Pandora's box back in the early 70's...

when in doubt...lie

Watergate opened this Pandora's box back in the early 70's...
I prefer when in doubt sit down with a bottle of rum or fine aged whiskey, debate the issue loudly and if a resolution can't be found the first one to tap out loses.

Last edited:
I am aware of that fine Aussie tradition...

I haven't watched enough of Houston to have an informed opinion, but I will say that San Fran is scary. Kapernick's rushing ability puts them over the top IMO as far as being the favorites to win the SB

I don't see him doing that come playoff time. Is this Tom Brady vs Drew Bledsoe II in SF?

I don't see him doing that come playoff time. Is this Tom Brady vs Drew Bledsoe II in SF?

Kaepernick has played in two games, the first against a Bears team that appeared not to make the trip from Chicago for that game and his second against a New Orleans defense that is allowing almost 28 points per game and represents one of the worst defenses in the league right now (31 points is not overly impressive by that standard). I agree it is a little to early to christen him the next Steve Young.

As for Houston, right now it is a 10-1 team that won its last game on a blown call (there was no Houston touchdown, period, with review prevented by a bad head coach) against a team with a lesser offense than the Pats (Stafford is not Brady) and battled furiously in a high scoring game against a team with two wins and a defense that also gives up an average of 28 points per game. If the Pats put up even a modest defensive effort against the Texans (J.J. Watt or not, who has not been injured in these past Texans games to my knowledge) against an increasingly bad pass defense of the Texans, then they can win. I agree with ausbacker that a loss would likely be a result of the Pats offense not playing a good game by its standards, not because the Texans are unstoppable juggernauts.

To answer the question - No.

Right now, I would say Houston is better than the Patriots. They have better talent across the board on offense and defense.

Now, coaching and Tom Brady could be the difference, but they have to prove that when the game is played.

You are what you are, right? So in terms of wins vs. losses, Houston is "better". I do like the Pats chances in a head to head matchup, though...

I don't understand how anyone can say that Houston has more talent on both sides of the ball...have you not seen the Pats offense? On defense I can see the argument for sure...but on offense, I don't see it. Sorry. My 2 pennies.

J

:confused:

No, they certainly don't.

Outside of Welker, I would maybe take their WR's over our's and Foster is better than anyone we have on staff at RB (though it's unfair in way due to the fact that the Patriots employ RBBC), but, other than that, absolutely not. TE's, OL, and Quarterback all go to the Patriots by a landslide, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back