PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Houston better than NE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, assuming Houston will get #1 seed when playoffs come....

I like the Pats to lose to the Texans this upcoming game, then beat them in their home in the playoffs. Like fooling them that we not as good as they are now, but then beat them in a game that matter most. I think it would be a strategic move for BB whether he wants to win this game or just play a lousy game. Because if the Pats put everything on the line and win this game and then lose to them in the AFCCG, then winning this regular season game doesn't mean anything.

Throw the game to trick them into thinking they suck? Really?

Offense:

Patriots: 37ppg
Texans: 29.7ppg

Defense:

Patriots: 22.2ppg
Texans: (Post Brian Cushing injury) 23ppg.

Patriots score 37 per game but 4.5 ppg came off of fumbles, interceptions and punt/kick returns.

32.5 Patriots to 29.7 Texans - less than a field goal difference between the offenses.

The defenses give up less than one point difference. A great match-up.

Last edited:
All I know is the Texans fade every year and the Pats get better. They may be evenly matched now, but by the end of the year the Pats will be the better of the 2. I am honestly more worried about Denver and Baltimore, once we are in the playoffs.

Meh. They lost their last 3 games last year because they needed to play a 3rd string QB, won eventually guided them to their 1st playoff win. They played hard vs BAL in BAL.

I would agree that the needle is starting to point in the Pats direction but HOU is still a very, very good team that certainly shows toughness, resolve and finds ways of winning games when they are not playing their best.

until i see houston do something in the playoffs...i will say they are for real..right now they are very good in reg season..but playoffs are different

Meh. They lost their last 3 games last year because they needed to play a 3rd string QB, won eventually guided them to their 1st playoff win. They played hard vs BAL in BAL.

I would agree that the needle is starting to point in the Pats direction but HOU is still a very, very good team that certainly shows toughness, resolve and finds ways of winning games when they are not playing their best.

Good points, but I think the last 2 games that Houston has played validate what I am saying. We will see though.

The record says the Texans are better than the Patriots, but at this point in the season, I think NE is playing much better overall football, and I think on a neutral field the Pats win by a touchdown.

But hey, I'm a homer.

The record says the Texans are better than the Patriots, but at this point in the season, I think NE is playing much better overall football, and I think on a neutral field the Pats win by a touchdown.

But hey, I'm a homer.

we won't play them on a neutral field...ever. At home we can win by 2 touch downs.

Through 11 games:

Houston - 327 points for, 211 points against.

NE - 407 points for, 244 points against.

in other words we are much better than them on offense and they are only slightly better than us on defense. overall edge to New England.

Throw the game to trick them into thinking they suck? Really?

lol, plus we may never see them in the playoffs and lose playoff seeding under that scenario.

we won't play them on a neutral field...ever. At home we can win by 2 touch downs.

Through 11 games:

in other words we are much better than them on offense and they are only slightly better than us on defense. overall edge to New England.

The big difference is the patriots defense would make matt schaub look better than what he is.

The big difference is the patriots defense would make matt schaub look better than what he is.

Schaub is a very good QB regardless with an outstanding supporting cast. Hes had very good games vs top defenses as well.

If the HOU run game can be contained and Talib can control Johnson the Pats can win.

If Watt and others bring pressure with a 4 to 5 man rush, thats where the comittment to Ridley, Vereen and maybe Bolden to make plays is incredibly important.

Last edited:
Schaub is a very good QB regardless with an outstanding supporting cast. Hes had very good games vs top defenses as well.

If the HOU run game can be contained and Talib can control Johnson the Pats can win.

If Watt and others bring pressure with a 4 to 5 man rush, thats where the comittment to Ridley, Vereen and maybe Bolden to make plays is incredibly important.

The game will most likely be low scoring.

I do not trust the patriots short passing game going up against the texans pass tipping defensive line....I hope bill/brady could figure out counters after they face them.

do you cower in the corner when you hear a noise in the bushes outside at night???

I do not trust the patriots short passing game going up against the texans pass tipping defensive line....I hope bill/brady could figure out counters after they face them.

LEt me get this straight. The Lions and Jags go for over 30 on the Texans, but you expect the Pats to be in a low scoring game? Jiggawhaa?

No kidding with JJ Watt and his 13 PDs...Incredible.

Only thing they can do is lock his hands up, slide him from side to side to TB has clear throwing lanes and use play-action so hes a bit indecisive.

I agree with the others, I see a game in the high 20s low 30s- especially in a domed area like HOU where Brady shreds EVERYONE.

Last edited:
LEt me get this straight. The Lions and Jags go for over 30 on the Texans, but you expect the Pats to be in a low scoring game? Jiggawhaa?

you could have said the same thing about the giants last year.

maybe the OLD patriots defense, it's a new D with Dennard and Talib. :D

do you cower in the corner when you hear a noise in the bushes outside at night???

2007 has taught me to always prepare for the worst.....therefore i won't ever be disappointed.

we won't play them on a neutral field...ever.

Yes, I am aware of that. It's just how you neutralize things and compare apples to apples. Pats will play the Texans at home during the regular season, and most likely on the road in the playoffs (if that matchup comes to fruition).

At home we can win by 2 touch downs.

Through 11 games:

I agree.

2007 has taught me to always prepare for the worst.....therefore i won't ever be disappointed.

Glass Half Empty-Sky Is Falling...if that is what you're scared of so much, you should switch to Jet fandom....that way you can ALWAYS prepare for the worst and NEVER be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes