PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Belichick in Andrew Luck's Head?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who said it was an insult?

SalemPats said I was undervaluing Luck when I said he was Favre 2.0. Others have gotten upset about it. Not sure if it was this thread.

Even Felger who is a Luck fanboy admits that Luck's mistakes (interceptions and fumbles) and made the Favre comparison. This is a guy who would rather have Luck over Brady. I don't know why people think it is an insult to make the Favre comparison and point out he is right now mistake prone.
I'm pretty sure Felger goes home and masturbates to a picture of Luck. He's been on him since before he played a single NFL game.

I'm pretty sure Felger goes home and masturbates to a picture of Luck. He's been on him since before he played a single NFL game.

No lie, Felger was sold on Luck based on his first preseason game.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LuckAn00.htm

Andrew Luck is on pace for 50 TDs and well over 5,000 yards. Sunday night's game is going to be a track meet. Whenever the guess the score contest comes out, go on the high side of whatever you are thinking about. Luck plays the same whether he's ahead, behind or tied, so this one won't be over until the final gun sounds. This one will come down to Red Zone defense. If the Patriots can force field goals, they can win this one comfortably. If not, this might be the best shootout of the year.

The Colts shot themselves in the foot with penalties and two interceptions against Peyton Manning and the Broncos in September 2014. Luck out-played Manning in that game except for the two picks. http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400554273

Last edited:

Andrew Luck is on pace for 50 TDs and well over 5,000 yards. Sunday night's game is going to be a track meet. Whenever the guess the score contest comes out, go on the high side of whatever you are thinking about. Luck plays the same whether he's ahead, behind or tied, so this one won't be over until the final gun sounds. This one will come down to Red Zone defense. If the Patriots can force field goals, they can win this one comfortably. If not, this might be the best shootout of the year.

The Colts shot themselves in the foot with penalties and two interceptions against Peyton Manning and the Broncos in September 2014. Luck out-played Manning in that game except for the two picks. http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400554273

This is a game where I say that Luck is gunslinger prone to mistakes AND people overrate the Broncos a bit. The Colts should have won that game if not for two dumb passes by Luck.

I never understood the hype about Kaepernick, Cutler, Wilson, that sorry Cam Newton, RG3 and most of all Andrew Luck. He's Jay Cutler minus the poor leadership and attitude. All he does is chuck up deep passes hoping that someone other than the opposing defense catches the ball. He's on pace to break records, good for him, but I'm not all that impressed. He should be on pace to throw 60 TDs and 6000 yards, he probably throws the ball more than most QBs in the league, while facing some of the raggediest defenses in the league, he's got 6 wins when the season starts, because the AFC South isn't exactly competitive. Luck chokes about as bad as Manning in the playoffs. Expect another blow out victory for the Pats.

I never understood the hype about Kaepernick, Cutler, Wilson, that sorry Cam Newton, RG3 and most of all Andrew Luck. He's Jay Cutler minus the poor leadership and attitude. All he does is chuck up deep passes hoping that someone other than the opposing defense catches the ball. He's on pace to break records, good for him, but I'm not all that impressed. He should be on pace to throw 60 TDs and 6000 yards, he probably throws the ball more than most QBs in the league, while facing some of the raggediest defenses in the league, he's got 6 wins when the season starts, because the AFC South isn't exactly competitive. Luck chokes about as bad as Manning in the playoffs. Expect another blow out victory for the Pats.
The ignorance in this comment is astounding. Luck's played 3 games in the playoffs. He lost to the Super Bowl Champion Ravens and our Patriots. Let's not act like he lost to complete scrubs. He led the second greatest comeback in playoff history and then lost to the superior coach and quarterback. And he's Cutler minus the poor leadership and attitude? Please don't ever post on a subject you know very little about. Luck isn't even remotely similar to Cutler.

I take it you missed the Indy vs Kc playoff game. Or maybe he's a choker for losing to New England?

I would not mess up with this dude

luck-spit.gif

I take it you missed the Indy vs Kc playoff game. Or maybe he's a choker for losing to New England?

I think that Luck will be a great quarterback for years to come but that KC comeback is only a comeback because Luck helped put them in that hole in the first place.

I would not mess up with this dude

luck-spit.gif

Whenever I see that .GIF, I imagine hime screaming in the same voice that the bad guy in the first Men in Black movie had.

"Sugar... with water".

So otherwise Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?

While I hope that the game doesn't end up as "the best shootout of the year" and that, instead, the Pats indeed win it "comfortably," I do have to note that saying that the Colts shot themselves in the foot with bad penalties but Luck "out-played Manning...except for the two picks" is kind of like saying "It was a beautiful afternoon for a picnic except for the swarm of bees at noon and the two hours of downpour between two and four." :D

In other words, I'd put my paycheck on the Pats if you told me today that they were going to pick Luck x2 and that the Colts were going to take a few costly penalties at crucial times, no matter how well Luck plays the rest of the game.

Last edited:
While I hope that the game doesn't end up as "the best shootout of the year" and that, instead, the Pats indeed win it "comfortably," I do have to note that saying that the Colts shot themselves in the foot with bad penalties but Luck "out-played Manning...except for the two picks" is kind of like saying "It was a beautiful afternoon for a picnic except for the swarm of bees at noon and the two hours of downpour between two and four." :D

In other words, I'd put my paycheck on the Pats if you told me today that they were going to pick Luck x2 and that the Colts were going to take a few costly penalties at crucial times, no matter how well Luck plays the rest of the game.

Luck threw for 370 yards and two TDs vs Manning's 269 and three TDs in that game.

Good news for the Patriots, now that we've seen the "ferocious Broncos defense" up close is that Luck was sacked 3 times and threw 2 interceptions. Getting a lead on Luck was a formula for success. The Broncos jumped out to a 24-0 lead aided by a Luck interception, a sack of Luck and a couple of penalties. The Colts made a comeback of sorts but mayhem on offense continued.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400554273

When Andrew Luck matures and slows down a little, and the Colts get him a solid offensive line, he's going to be a great one. Watching a few highlights and looking at some box scores gives me the feeling that he's got Roethlisberger's ability to extend plays and make defenders bounce off of him, and Favre's gunslinger ability to make ridiculous (good and bad) throws. He'd drive us insane.

If Garoppolo is paying attention and develops into a good pocket passer, Luck could be his major rival in the years ahead.

I think it has more to do with Luck still growing and maturing than BB being in his head. He's still developing the consistency that is required to be an all-time great. Everyone remembers his great comeback against the Chiefs last year, but somehow we overlook how terribly he played in the first half against the Chiefs to put them in such a huge deficit to begin with.

It's just part of the maturation process. BB throws a lot of things that a young QB may not have seen before, and Luck may be fooled the first time but eventually starts to recognize them so we move onto the next thing, et cetera. But you have to remember this is only his 3rd year in the league. It's incredible to think he can be an MVP candidate and yet have so much more room to grow and improve. That's a bit terrifying for the rest of the league.

Three years into his career, Peyton Manning was still three years from even winning a playoff game.

Aaron Rogers was a bench warmer who actually got hurt playing a few series and was a real nobody.

Drew Brees was being so pathetic in San Diego, the Chargers got the #1 pick.............who didn't want to play in San Diego and got traded to the Giants.

Brady was a fluke Super Bowl winner coming back to reality in 2002.

Luck is going to be unbelievable by the time his career ends.

However, the reality is that anyone who watched the Indy/Pittsburgh game and doesn't think the Pats will come up with a decisive game plan is kidding themselves.

Three years into his career, Peyton Manning was still three years from even winning a playoff game.

Aaron Rogers was a bench warmer who actually got hurt playing a few series and was a real nobody.

Drew Brees was being so pathetic in San Diego, the Chargers got the #1 pick.............who didn't want to play in San Diego and got traded to the Giants.

Brady was a fluke Super Bowl winner coming back to reality in 2002.

Luck is going to be unbelievable by the time his career ends.

However, the reality is that anyone who watched the Indy/Pittsburgh game and doesn't think the Pats will come up with a decisive game plan is kidding themselves.

If Luck had played the first 2.5 years of his career under the same rules Brady, Manning and Brees played under, he would not have the same gaudy stats he has now.

If Luck had played the first 2.5 years of his career under the same rules Brady, Manning and Brees played under, he would not have the same gaudy stats he has now.
You never seem to miss a chance to come up with something very clueless.

You never seem to miss a chance to come up with something very clueless.
So, Luck would have the same stats had he played back when Ty Law and Rodney Harrison were knocking the hell out of the WR and it wasn't a penalty to look at a QB in a mean manner? Seriously? His stats aren't at ALL skewed by playing entirely in a time when the rules are completely different?

Talk about clueless.

Last edited:
No lie, Felger was sold on Luck based on his first preseason game.

And he most likely just watched the highlights on ESPN

Just like Mazz and how he barley watches any of the games yet has an opinion about everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents