Belichick catches Shula

venecol

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
If Pats go 2-9 the rest of the way, Bill will break both the regular season and overall loss records. Though unlikely to happen this season, he'll certainly reach these records before breaking Shula's wins record.

It has been an all out assault on Bill with these posts and from the media already discussing his next coaching job. It's not surprising as more people are getting mad with these loses piling up.

His legacy is now starting to take a hit. He went on the exact same path as Greg Popovich.

and it took him 7-8 more years (if done this year) to do it,

and appears he has never tied either,

It has been an all out assault on Bill with these posts and from the media already discussing his next coaching job. It's not surprising as more people are getting mad with these loses piling up.

His legacy is now starting to take a hit. He went on the exact same path as Greg Popovich.

I'm acting like a Dallas Cowgirl fan and just living in the past until he makes football great again

I'm acting like a Dallas Cowgirl fan and just living in the past until he makes football great again
Football might never be great again. It’s weird but we have the high of the New England Patriots franchise and future Patriot fans will never get to see a run like we did. In 25 years from now we might still be waiting for a Super Bowl birth. Getting used to this new reality is weird for people like me though who have never been through this.

He's coached the longest of anyone with a 16-17 game schedule. Hang around the most and you are liable to break a lot of records that one gives a **** about. Who holds the record for most incompletions? Go ahead, I'll wait.

If Pats go 2-9 the rest of the way, Bill will break both the regular season and overall loss records. Though unlikely to happen this season, he'll certainly reach these records before breaking Shula's wins record.

He’s chasing it hard.

I wonder if Pork aka Timmy will comment. Mocked Brady for having the most INTs in the playoffs and now his hero BB is on the verge of the all time loss record.

Maybe he's too busy trolling the Broncos board literally 6,228 times to notice. LMAO
1697573692421.png

This would definitely be a record based on his longevity. He has 109 more wins than Dan Reeves and 126 more wins than Jeff Fisher (the current co-holders of the record).

The week after Bledsoe went down and a week before a certain someone became a starter:

tJOgfefgkp_uFbgHnDaFbDBRdmt3_U_Usf6EU0Glsyg.jpg

This week:

30. New England Patriots (1-5)​

Week 6 ranking: 30
sw_ye_40.png

Lesson learned: The offense is holding them back.

The Patriots are the only team in the NFL not to score more than 20 points in a game this season. A combination of shaky offensive line play (31st in pass-block win rate, 44.1%), receivers not coming through when the opportunity presents itself (e.g. DeVante Parker's drop on a beautiful deep ball late in Sunday's loss) and Mac Jones' turnover struggles (three returned for touchdowns in blowout losses in Weeks 4 and 5) has put the defense in a tough spot -- especially early in games. -- Mike Reiss

The week after Bledsoe went down and a week before a certain someone became a starter:

View attachment 53839

This week:

30. New England Patriots (1-5)​

Week 6 ranking: 30
sw_ye_40.png

Lesson learned: The offense is holding them back.

The Patriots are the only team in the NFL not to score more than 20 points in a game this season. A combination of shaky offensive line play (31st in pass-block win rate, 44.1%), receivers not coming through when the opportunity presents itself (e.g. DeVante Parker's drop on a beautiful deep ball late in Sunday's loss) and Mac Jones' turnover struggles (three returned for touchdowns in blowout losses in Weeks 4 and 5) has put the defense in a tough spot -- especially early in games. -- Mike Reiss
That Dr Z ranking will live forever.

He was ahead of his time by 22 years on his last thought. Do they? It's a good question.

Agreed. I actually feel bad that is ending like this. I never saw 1-5.. I was thinking we would be sound and fluent on offense. I thought with BOB we'd be a top 10 offense. Instead we are tops in every category that a bad loosing team represents.

Agree. I honestly had no idea he was this close to the losses record. His regular season career winning % prior to 2020 was 0.683, which for coaches with >300 games, was #1 edging out Halas (.682), Shula (.677) and Brown (.672). He's now at 0.656 which puts him at #4 just ahead of Reid (.644). That's fascinating. He's not helping his legacy (obviously 1st Rd HOFer).

WIth the season circling the drain I think it's almost a lock we're the Hard Knocks team next August. I wonder what BB will think of that. Would he rather retire than let the cameras into Pats camp under his watch?

Weren't they supposed to have an in-season edition? I can't think of a more compelling team to watch than us right now for that series.

This would definitely be a record based on his longevity. He has 109 more wins than Dan Reeves and 126 more wins than Jeff Fisher (the current co-holders of the record).
Landry has the record (178) when including playoffs. Bill is at 170 losses when including playoffs. Bill has 60 more wins than Landry.

Shula has 173 losses when including playoffs. I think Bill passes Shula this season.

WIth the season circling the drain I think it's almost a lock we're the Hard Knocks team next August. I wonder what BB will think of that. Would he rather retire than let the cameras into Pats camp under his watch?

Weren't they supposed to have an in-season edition? I can't think of a more compelling team to watch than us right now for that series.
No Way Do Not Want GIF

Agree. I honestly had no idea he was this close to the losses record. His regular season career winning % prior to 2020 was 0.683, which for coaches with >300 games, was #1 edging out Halas (.682), Shula (.677) and Brown (.672). He's now at 0.656 which puts him at #4 just ahead of Reid (.644). That's fascinating. He's not helping his legacy (obviously 1st Rd HOFer).
The loses record has picked up steam in the national media as is his record pre and post Tom Brady which is really bad. This will now be 3 out of 4 years he's missed the playoffs without Tom.

Bill is the greatest coach of all time and his track record shows as such, but I will be honest and point out that he clearly cannot win with anybody. There were people who thought as such.
This is why I'd rather have top players than top coaches. Most records are longevity records and will be broken if a coach has a job for a long enough time. Bill would have already passed Shula* if he had been given a HC job sooner, but Tuna knew he was a key to the defense and tried to keep Bill under his thumb.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back