PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

International Series, Madrid, 2025

Pape

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score

A regular season game in Madrid, Spain...

Not one for the international series, but Madrid is a fun city... liked Barcelona better, but Madrid wasn't half bad...

they are really pushing this international expansion... England... Germany... Brazil... Mexico... whats next? Canada???

still, if you live close by, might not be a bad spot to catch a game...

I think I read something about how the Camp Nou can’t be adapted so easily to football whereas the Bernabeu can which may be why they are looking at Madrid.

Living in Spain now part of the year I prefer Madrid to Barcelona (over touristed and too many expats). More cultural influence from the western hemisphere now has loosened Madrid up a bit, not to mention adding great Peruvian, Argentine and other cuisines to Spain’s already world class culinary reputation.

Last edited:
Looks like Spain has really good ham.

I think I read something about how the Camp Nou can’t be adapted so easily to football whereas the Bernabeu can which may be why they are looking at Madrid.

Living in Spain now part of the year I prefer Madrid to Barcelona (over touristed and too many expats). More cultural influence from the western hemisphere now has loosened it up a bit.
have not been to Barcelona recently (think "within the decade", lol) so I will take your word for it... Madrid was much more urbanized though, which isn't my favorite thing in the world...

have not been to Barcelona recently (think "within the decade", lol) so I will take your word for it... Madrid was much more urbanized though, which isn't my favorite thing in the world...
Madrid has the sprawl which Barcelona has less of but the urban cores are quite similar in density. The interesting neighborhoods are not touristy in Madrid and still near the center whereas in Barcelona the core areas are overrun (they now have a tourist tax for cruise ships). With rents being way cheaper in madrid a lot of young people are opening new businesses there instead of Barcelona.

Madrid has the sprawl which Barcelona has less of but the urban cores are quite similar in density. The interesting neighborhoods are not touristy in Madrid and still near the center whereas in Barcelona the core areas are overrun (they now have a tourist tax for cruise ships). With rents being way cheaper in madrid a lot of young people are opening new businesses there instead of Barcelona.
thanks for the info... and hell yes, I'd go back to Madrid... had a good time in Reino de España

I doubt it would happen, but if the Pats do end up there (they have an extra home game in 2025) you should go if you are in spain at that time

Mods, didn't see Guts had tacked the Madrid game onto the Brazil thread... we probably don't need two threads on such a hot topic, lol... feel free to merge

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back