PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: NFL Suspends Donks DB Kareem Jackson 4 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
An appeal to authority (the league office, of all people) followed by an ad hominem? You might be right. It is pointless to argue with me if that’s how you’re starting things.

Go ahead and argue that every tackle has malicious intent. Can’t do that? Then how can you argue that every big hit of his has intent?
This isn't the first go round for Kareem Jackson, is it? He's been going high for years, ever since his days on the texans.

He isn't a college players learning the game. hes a 14 year veteran. He knows what he is doing out there. So when he goes high like he has multiple times this season alone, its clear what his intent is - head hunting. There's no reason to do it.

and if you think using your own words against you is an ad hominen attack, don't get all angry (again). maybe choose your words more carefully.

This isn't the first go round for Kareem Jackson, is it? He's been going high for years, ever since his days on the texans.

Of course not. That’s why I said some had intent and others didn’t. That’s the case with every “dirty” player as far back as the game has been played.

He isn't a college players learning the game. hes a 14 year veteran. He knows what he is doing out there. So when he goes high like he has multiple times this season alone, its clear what his intent is - head hunting. There's no reason to do it.

The Green Bay hit wasn’t head hunting. It was just a big hit in which he led with the shoulder. He got suspended for other instances in which there was clear intent. But that hit alone wasn’t suspension worthy. There was no intent to injure.

and if you think using your own words against you is an ad hominen attack, don't get all angry (again). maybe choose your words more carefully.

I don’t care that you “used my own words against me” in any event. The NFL needs more safeties to make people fear going across the middle. It’s the essence of the game. That’s one of the safety’s primary functions - separate ball from ball carrier. The ad hom part comes from the attempt dismiss my point because your argument is otherwise weak. That’s all.

I’m not angry in the least. Just debating football. You’re probably reading the post through angry eyes. In that case? Go back to what I told you in the UFO thread - this board is not a substitute for therapy.

Yes or no - every single tackle of Jackson’s has malicious intent? He had 55 of them last season. So, just give me a yes or no answer on that one.

Of course not. That’s why I said some had intent and others didn’t. That’s the case with every “dirty” player as far back as the game has been played.
patterns of past behavior indicate future results. There is no benefit of the doubt when the aforementioned patterns of behavior are firmly established.
The Green Bay hit wasn’t head hunting. It was just a big hit in which he led with the shoulder. He got suspended for other instances in which there was clear intent. But that hit alone wasn’t suspension worthy. There was no intent to injure.
I believe otherwise. He clearly leads with his helmet towards the receivers head.
I don’t care that you “used my own words against me” in any event. The NFL needs more safeties to make people fear going across the middle. It’s the essence of the game. That’s one of the safety’s primary functions - separate ball from ball carrier. The ad hom part comes from the attempt dismiss my point because your argument is otherwise weak. That’s all.
Obviously you do care, otherwise you wouldn't have brought it up. If my argument was "weak" then you you would not have said anything at all. You are an intelligent person kontra, and don't say things for no reason. As for the Safety position, there are a multitude of safeties who don't feel the need to go head hunting. If the idea is to separate the ball from the carrier, there are more ways to do it than launching ones self at a defenseless players head.
I’m not angry in the least. Just debating football. You’re probably reading the post through angry eyes. In that case? Go back to what I told you in the UFO thread - this board is not a substitute for therapy.
I read what you write. I get you are trying to flip this around on me, but meh, thats a hollow point. If I were to post an angry response, you'd know it, and there would be no "probably" about it. That might be therapeutic in its own fashion, but as such is not the case here.

And continually bringing up "You Need Therapy" or some sort of variation when someone disagrees with you is a classic case of manipulative behavior by a people with control and anger issues because you don't like it when someone disagrees. Put it on them because its never your fault, isn't that the way it goes? No need to answer that, we both know the answer.

Yes or no - every single tackle of Jackson’s has malicious intent? He had 55 of them last season. So, just give me a yes or no answer on that one.
A yes or no question? eh, sorry, the world doesn't work like that.

Every single tackle? No of course not. But way to move the goal post. A more poignant question to ask would be is - when he goes high, is there intent? To that I would answer Yes, more likely than not. Every single tackle where he puts his head into the head and shoulders into a defenseless receiver head /neck area is indicative of his pattern of past behavior.

Rodney Harrison would have been suspended for half the season every year.

The fact that the league has such goons as this who remain employed can make being an NFL fan a guilty pleasure for me. The league would do well to get on this sort of thing. The public perception of NFL players is dismal enough as it is - for behavior both on and off the field - and - let's be honest - at times not without reason.

patterns of past behavior indicate future results. There is no benefit of the doubt when the aforementioned patterns of behavior are firmly established.

No they don’t. In any walk of life - the stock market, crime, etc. It’s no different here.

I believe otherwise. He clearly leads with his helmet towards the receivers head.

Sure. He clearly leads with his helmet… as long as his helmet is resting on his shoulder pad.

1698156969572.png

Obviously you do care, otherwise you wouldn't have brought it up. If my argument was "weak" then you you would not have said anything at all.

A weak argument is easy to take apart, hence the debate. Not sure why you wouldn’t think that I wouldn’t say anything at all. You, on the other hand? You said there was no point in arguing with me and look at you now… heels dug in, dying on a ridiculous hill.

You are an intelligent person kontra, and don't say things for no reason.

I ****post all the time.

As for the Safety position, there are a multitude of safeties who don't feel the need to go head hunting.

Correct. Jackson has head hunted before and he’s had big hits which were not head hunting. The hit on Thomas was head hunting. You can see the intent. The hit against Green Bay was clearly not. He was punished for past transgressions.

If the idea is to separate the ball from the carrier, there are more ways to do it than launching ones self at a defenseless players head.

I read what you write. I get you are trying to flip this around on me, but meh, thats a hollow point. If I were to post an angry response, you'd know it, and there would be no "probably" about it. That might be therapeutic in its own fashion, but as such is not the case here.

And continually bringing up "You Need Therapy" or some sort of variation when someone disagrees with you is a classic case of manipulative behavior by a people with control and anger issues because you don't like it when someone disagrees. Put it on them because its never your fault, isn't that the way it goes? No need to answer that, we both know the answer.

On the contrary, I love it when people disagree. That’s the whole point of being on a message board… is it not? I’m not sure what my perceived “anger” has to do with the discussion, though. I just think you’re reading my post with angry eyes, you’re losing the debate, your point is taking on water, you’re trying to distract from all of that by making this personal. To that point, I say that therapy is good and that this board is not a substitute for that.

A yes or no question? eh, sorry, the world doesn't work like that.

Sure it does. It’s the basis for any defense attorney’s cross examination. Key issues can always be boiled down to yes or no questions. You simply would prefer to fight a losing battle and waste both of our time instead of answer it because you know full well, as do I, that it would blow up your point.

Every single tackle? No of course not. But way to move the goal post.

And there you go… answering it. Thank you for that. Now, allow me to finish you off - if you cannot infer malicious intent with a much bigger sample size (all tackles), how are you going to infer malicious intent with a smaller sample size (big hits)? You can’t. So, then, you would be in agreement with me that some of his big/high hits had intent and others did not. Simple as that.

A more poignant question to ask would be is - when he goes high, is there intent? To that I would answer Yes, more likely than not.

“More likely than not?” You sound like Ted Wells here. You also just conceded. My whole argument is based around the fact that not every high hit of Jackson’s had intent. By saying “more likely than not,” you’re agreeing with me.

Every single tackle where he puts his head into the head and shoulders into a defenseless receiver head /neck area is indicative of his pattern of past behavior.

But that’s not what he did against Green Bay. That was shoulder pad to shoulder pad contact. A huge hit? Sure. But not one that had intent to injure (ala the Logan Thomas hit).

So now that you’ve agreed with me, in more ways than one, why not just call it a day and let it go? You seem to know I’m right. Why argue further when all it’s going to do is make you more and more upset?

Yeah, that was one where you can tell there was intent. I don’t think the one against Green Bay yesterday had intent, but the NFL has seen hits like the Thomas one and he was ****ed.
I would agree with your points on this.

Would like to see him on the filed versus the Chefs this week. Can he challenge the suspension and still play a game or two?

Can
conspiracy time...

suspicious tin foil GIF by The Cooligans

The NFL only suspended Kareem Jackson because the donks play the cheefs next week and they want to protect travis from his hits because taylor swift might play the super bowl next year...

now someone with tweeter needs to go tweet that out into the interwebs
Can't (won't) he appeal?

No they don’t. In any walk of life - the stock market, crime, etc. It’s no different here.
Yes, they do. In every walk of life.
Sure. He clearly leads with his helmet… as long as his helmet is resting on his shoulder pad.

View attachment 54054

A weak argument is easy to take apart, hence the debate. Not sure why you wouldn’t think that I wouldn't say anything at all. You, on the other hand? You said there was no point in arguing with me and look at you now… heels dug in, dying on a ridiculous hill.
where is the hit? head/neck area. he literally ran right at him, had more than enough time to avoid that type of collision. Thanks for posting the pic to make my point.
I ****post all the time.
This isn't the meme thread.
Correct. Jackson has head hunted before and he’s had big hits which were not head hunting. The hit on Thomas was head hunting. You can see the intent. The hit against Green Bay was clearly not. He was punished for past transgressions.

On the contrary, I love it when people disagree. That’s the whole point of being on a message board… is it not? I’m not sure what my perceived “anger” has to do with the discussion, though. I just think you’re reading my post with angry eyes, you’re losing the debate, your point is taking on water, you’re trying to distract from all of that by making this personal. To that point, I say that therapy is good and that this board is not a substitute for that.
I didn't make this personal. You did. and again, more deflection. control and anger issues cropping up again i see. thanks for proving the first response in this reply all over again.

Sure it does. It’s the basis for any defense attorney’s cross examination. Key issues can always be boiled down to yes or no questions. You simply would prefer to fight a losing battle and waste both of our time instead of answer it because you know full well, as do I, that it would blow up your point.
no, its a discussion board. yes no answers are designed to what? elicit a preferred response. Again more control issues come up as you try to frame the narrative to your liking.
And there you go… answering it. Thank you for that. Now, allow me to finish you off - if you cannot infer malicious intent with a much bigger sample size (all tackles), how are you going to infer malicious intent with a smaller sample size (big hits)? You can’t. So, then, you would be in agreement with me that some of his big/high hits had intent and others did not. Simple as that.
Finish me off? When making the observation across the whole body of work, you look at whats relevant. And its those types of hits that you want to focus on. Is he targeting the head and neck area of defensless players (ie head hunting) some of the time? All of the time? Or is it a minority of the time? Then you ask is it acceptable? Well this year thru 7 games thats 5 or 6 hits to the head and neck area of players. Compare that to the number of times it occurs inside of that position group.

Or use common sense. He's considered a dirty player because he does bad ****. Because he goes after guys heads. Ask Brandon Meriwether. He did the same thing, and had the same dirty rep. When that happens you dont get the benefit of the doubt.

“More likely than not?” You sound like Ted Wells here. You also just conceded. My whole argument is based around the fact that not every high hit of Jackson’s had intent. By saying “more likely than not,” you’re agreeing with me.
Im not agreeing with you. The simple fact of the matter is I have not, and will, not go back and look thru 14 years of Kareem Jacksons career. If you want to, be my guest.
But that’s not what he did against Green Bay. That was shoulder pad to shoulder pad contact. A huge hit? Sure. But not one that had intent to injure (ala the Logan Thomas hit).
He came in from the backside of that play. He had the time to alter his trajectory if he so desired. He didnt. Thats why its a dirty hit.
So now that you’ve agreed with me, in more ways than one, why not just call it a day and let it go? You seem to know I’m right. Why argue further when all it’s going to do is make you more and more upset?
Its a message board.

And its not me thats getting upset, though, clearly you are seeing how desperate your post comes across trying to repeatedly claim victory. (point 1, again - Past behavioral patterns being indicative of future behavior.)

Donks need to win more games than the Pats. Our team needs a top 5 pick.
What we have here is a failure to communicate. But, what the heck, it is a fan site, after all.

Yes, they do. In every walk of life.

where is the hit? head/neck area. he literally ran right at him, had more than enough time to avoid that type of collision. Thanks for posting the pic to make my point.

This isn't the meme thread.

I didn't make this personal. You did. and again, more deflection. control and anger issues cropping up again i see. thanks for proving the first response in this reply all over again.

no, its a discussion board. yes no answers are designed to what? elicit a preferred response. Again more control issues come up as you try to frame the narrative to your liking.

Finish me off? When making the observation across the whole body of work, you look at whats relevant. And its those types of hits that you want to focus on. Is he targeting the head and neck area of defensless players (ie head hunting) some of the time? All of the time? Or is it a minority of the time? Then you ask is it acceptable? Well this year thru 7 games thats 5 or 6 hits to the head and neck area of players. Compare that to the number of times it occurs inside of that position group.

Or use common sense. He's considered a dirty player because he does bad ****. Because he goes after guys heads. Ask Brandon Meriwether. He did the same thing, and had the same dirty rep. When that happens you dont get the benefit of the doubt.

Im not agreeing with you. The simple fact of the matter is I have not, and will, not go back and look thru 14 years of Kareem Jacksons career. If you want to, be my guest.

He came in from the backside of that play. He had the time to alter his trajectory if he so desired. He didnt. Thats why its a dirty hit.

Its a message board.

And its not me thats getting upset, though, clearly you are seeing how desperate your post comes across trying to repeatedly claim victory. (point 1, again - Past behavioral patterns being indicative of future behavior.)
I have read this entire post. I reminds me of when I argue with my wife, then five minutes in, we have forgotten what we are arguing about. Near as I can make out, Pape seems to think it was a dirt hit worthy of punishment. I agree. I hope I can say that without fear of Kontradiction.

I wish he had saved that hit for Kelce, who truly deserves to be rendered incapacitated for, like, forever.

Not sure if it was poste elsewhere but Jackson's suspension reduced to 2 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.