PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MNF on ABC all season due to writer's strike...

This is actually a good move for the network. It should've never left ABC as they were eliminating a lot of people who don't have cable.

Yeah, I don't know what Disney was thinking. It should always be simulcast. Yo, Disney, you own BOTH networks. You're stupid if you set it up to have the two of them compete against each other (you being Disney).

How does that work tonight when there's 2 games?

Yeah, I don't know what Disney was thinking. It should always be simulcast. Yo, Disney, you own BOTH networks. You're stupid if you set it up to have the two of them compete against each other (you being Disney).
What they were thinking is ABC gets better ratings when MNF is on ESPN (usually by targeting a non-football audience with something like the Bachelor) than ESPN gets when MNF is on ABC.

Yeah, but even the better ratings of Bachelor don't equal the combined audience of MNF.

This thread got me thinking. Who writes the NFL script when the writers strike?

Goondell?

We're effed.

Yeah, but even the better ratings of Bachelor don't equal the combined audience of MNF.
That's not always true, but I should have been more clear, because it isn't just about ratings. Every household with ESPN is $7 in Disney's pockets. There is no bigger draw than the NFL so losing a couple million total viewers by broadcasting MNF exclusively on ESPN is worth it to them.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back