PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT WK1 2023 Power Rankings

General thoughts:

I have no real problem with our ranking. Id probably have us rated above tennessee and gb but thats about it. Hope we suprise. Washington generals IS a bit harsh though we are still mathematically alive to the very end each year but 2020.

Jets and dolphins continue to be overrated. If tua was more durable yeah probably but that is way too high for a team with such a huge ? At qb

Steelers should be decent but it kills me how they always have so much hype around them and they have still failed to win a single playoff game in 6 years straight now (worse than us and we’re just a couple seasons removed from a total tear down).

Jags is another one i dont get, even though they are also solid. Maybe cuz their division is terrible but im seeing alotta hype there. Be suprised if they make it past rd 1 again.

You won’t get any explanations from your question that I put in bold.
I have no problem with where we're ranked, but since you guys asked, how about because in 2021 we were a playoff team with a less talented team. In 2022, we were a win away from being a playoff team if not for the incredibly idiotic OC, who is now gone. And we have more talent on both the offense and defense than that team, too.

But you're right. We need to play better against playoff teams because we're going up against a lot more of them this year. I'm not sure if we're making the playoffs this year, but I think we have the potential to make it.

They seem to check ✔️ the boxes everywhere. We know their Offense or QBs have wasted their Defense for years. I think this is the year they get it right. I am just hoping for a split.

As long as Woody Johnson is the owner, they will find a way to screw it up.

I am eagerly anticipating the drama.

Love the Jets being ranked so high.

More fun when the implosion begins, and we all know it's coming.

It's in their DNA.
I mean, there's a chance they start 0-6. Could be epic.

They have Playmakers @ WR so they can get away with above average play @ QB they did It last year.
A top 10 team in the league though? Is their D that good?

Eagles, Rams, Bengals, and Bills are the top 4 in the league this year is my guess.

Our Pats are a sleeper but we're also super young and need to prove it. I expect us to have some head scratchers both ways like we did in 2010.

Probably not Legion of Boom good but still decent Carrol will get them to play.
The Seahawk's defense was atrocious last year. This is not the last decade's Seahawks.

Eagles, Rams, Bengals, and Bills are the top 4 in the league this year is my guess.

Our Pats are a sleeper but we're also super young and need to prove it. I expect us to have some head scratchers both ways like we did in 2010.
The Rams!?!

Cardinals Texans Super Bowl this year I can FEEL it!

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back