PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I hope the Pats enjoy the bye because the next 4 games define the season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let beat the Fish in 2 weeks and we'll be in great shape. We can put a nail in them with a win. That's all I want to see for NOW.
One game at a time guys. Winning the divison is what matters first.

I realize the dolphins and jets are the big games being divisional and all, but the Colts and Saints sets the tone for the season. If you guys don't buy into that, fine. But I do. When ever the Patriots won SBs or came close, they bullied the big boys (01-03-04-07) We need to be able to take the best of what the NFL has and smack it square in the mouth.

I'm in complete agreement here. In order to win the Super Bowl, you have to pretty much beat the good teams on the way.

I'd be happy with 3-1. 2-2 would be the minimal expectation and a huge disappointment. 4-0 would prove Super Bowl mojo.

I'm in complete agreement here. In order to win the Super Bowl, you have to pretty much beat the good teams on the way.

I'd be happy with 3-1. 2-2 would be the minimal expectation and a huge disappointment. 4-0 would prove Super Bowl mojo.

true, but if i remember correctly, in 06, the year of the indy collapse, we didnt beat the good teams in the reg season, and still should have made it to the SB.....(if not for a very surpsiging, inexplicable and disapointing 2nd half)

3 out of the 5 games are scheduled as prime time right now, but, there is a strong possibility that the jets and patriots will be moved to prime time, its in week 11 and that is the first week of flex scheduling, the game scheduled then is bears and eagles and if the bears continue with how they are playing they will be out of contention. You could be looking at a 7-2 patriots vs 6-3 jets for the division lead. so you could see 4 out of 5 games on prime time.

5-0. In the immortal words of Barry Switzer upon being introduced as the Dallas Cowboys' new head coach, "And we're going to do it BABY!"

QB12

5-0. The only thing that stops the Patriots is the Patriots.

I hate the bye week ... I really hate it. The only soothing thing about it this year is the Celtics have like 4 games within a week to start the season. :D

Because Miami is on the verge of possibly losing to the Jets and their 6th loss this weekend and if they do and we beat them then they are irrelevent except for the division wins and besides that is in December,not November.

remember the 2004 game at miami on MNF when the fins were 2 and 13 or something ?records dont mean much in division games especially brady in miami.

This is a team that is good and getting better every week so I'm going to go against the grain and say the sweep November. Indy will be the toughest by far, at least from where we sit now. NO concerned me more when I thought they had a halfway decent defense. Miami sort of punctured that image on Sunday. Both Miami games will be grinders. Less concerned about the Jets.

I think if the team can win 3 games in November it will put them in the thick of the AFC title race going into december and probably where they can control their destiny unlike last season where we had to hope things happen here and there.
The way I see it, they control their own destiny now.

I'm not ready to call a November peak yet.

- We still need a #3 WR to emerge, that is looking like December to me with Tate just back now and Edelman out for a while.

- We need Morris or Taylor back, that's looking like December.

- We're playing a ton of young guys on defense who should get better the longer the season goes.

I think we're playing better now and I'd love to have that Bronco game coming up this week given how we're playing. I'm not sure we're ready now, though. Barring a high injury rate I think we may peak the last 4 games of the regular season and heading into the playoffs.

All that PLUS we have Belichick and no one else does!;)

Patriots will go at worse 3-1 during this stretch and will win out the rest of the way.

People are giving the Colts far too much credit. Matt Cassel and the Patriots went into Indy last year against virtually the same Indy team and were a Dave Thomas unsportsmanlike or Gaffney catch from winning that game.

I crunched the numbers in another posting but the opponents winning percentage is Indy .297
NE .444 (20-25)
New Orleans .473
Indy has had the easiest schedule, probably in the entire league. Having said that, they still have won them all and you can only play whoever is on your schedule. I think this year with Brady back , the Pats win..and go 3-1 in that stretch.

I think New Orleans is legitimate, but all the others are flawed to one degree or another. In a good game, with national media and pressure, they will fall. :eek:

The Colts reek of easy scheduleitis. Even against the cream puffs they played, they can't run. The Colts are averaging a one-dimensional 76 yards per game on the ground. Never discount Peyton though. But his weapons are growing fewer. He no longer has 5 great receivers; only three.:)

Every year we play them, and their midget whirling dervish Safety comes back from 4 games out, plays, and then returns to the Infirmary for another four. Will we get him this year on his one in eight schedule? :confused:

OTOH, Miami can't pass. It is a mirror image of the Colts, Miami playing the single wing, Can run, but Can not pass. Trading Seymour will be felt most against the Phins, running game.:(

The Jest are and were a depthless team, with false assumptions of glamor. Not quite half way into the season and the predictable is happening. Irreparable holes are being ripped in their starting team. Jenkins gone, Washington gone, Sanchez exposed, Woody beat up, Rhodes exposed. Edwards a frantic finger into the hole in the leaky dike of Cotchery and ? The Band played on, as the Titanic sank...:p

I Will predict one loss and a 4-1 record. The loss will happen against... surprise... old Nemesis Miami, in Miami as the Phish run wild.:eek:

this is the way i see the next 5 game's going

nov 15th at IND

payton mianning will pass for all most 400 yerd's and 4 TD's and the colt's will win 38 to 28

your a smart man :) lol

You guys have a tough schedule, and so do the Colts.. playing Houston, New England, Baltimore, and Houston again.

Personally, i think we will sweep out @ 4-0.. if not, then 3-1. We typically sweep Houston on a yearly basis, especially is Andre isnt playing. We have had our way with Baltimore's D the past couple years, but they have an offense now. The tough game, will be against you guys.

If you can't get the run game going with Maroney, it may be a long road. If Brady is forced to drop back more times than wanted, and let our pass rush get pressure... and with Brackett, Sanders, and Hayden back in the secondary starting (they have missed the past few games) I think we have a really good shot. Our rookie corners have been outstanding this year in the rotation and nickel packages, if they can keep it up and our defense keeps firing on all cylinders, I think we can win it.

Theres no question that i believe Manning should be able to rip your young secondary apart... hes on a mission this year, and i dont think a defense made solely of all-pro hall of fame players could stop him. Gonzales will be back, Wayne is questionable for this week, but should be back when we play you all. Clark will be solid as always, and the rookie Collie and 2nd year man Garcon have stepped up this year also. Manning is comfortable with all his receivers and is bound to find someone open when he needs them to be.

This game is just going to come down to whichever Defense can get more pressure on the QB or force more turnovers, and no offense to anyone here, but I believe Dwight will have a field day with Matt Light out (not sure of his situation, im assuming he wont be starting in 3 weeks?) and that could be the game breaker.

I hope its close, this will be the toughest game on our schedule, it always is. I'm looking forward to another nail biter.

Goodluck in November ;)

*goes to pop in the '06 AFCCG DVD* hehe - this game always gets me pumped for the NE matchup :D

your a smart man :) lol

You guys have a tough schedule, and so do the Colts.. playing Houston, New England, Baltimore, and Houston again.

Personally, i think we will sweep out @ 4-0.. if not, then 3-1. We typically sweep Houston on a yearly basis, especially is Andre isnt playing. We have had our way with Baltimore's D the past couple years, but they have an offense now. The tough game, will be against you guys.

If you can't get the run game going with Maroney, it may be a long road. If Brady is forced to drop back more times than wanted, and let our pass rush get pressure... and with Brackett, Sanders, and Hayden back in the secondary starting (they have missed the past few games) I think we have a really good shot. Our rookie corners have been outstanding this year in the rotation and nickel packages, if they can keep it up and our defense keeps firing on all cylinders, I think we can win it.

Theres no question that i believe Manning should be able to rip your young secondary apart... hes on a mission this year, and i dont think a defense made solely of all-pro hall of fame players could stop him. Gonzales will be back, Wayne is questionable for this week, but should be back when we play you all. Clark will be solid as always, and the rookie Collie and 2nd year man Garcon have stepped up this year also. Manning is comfortable with all his receivers and is bound to find someone open when he needs them to be.

This game is just going to come down to whichever Defense can get more pressure on the QB or force more turnovers, and no offense to anyone here, but I believe Dwight will have a field day with Matt Light out (not sure of his situation, im assuming he wont be starting in 3 weeks?) and that could be the game breaker.

I hope its close, this will be the toughest game on our schedule, it always is. I'm looking forward to another nail biter.

Goodluck in November ;)

*goes to pop in the '06 AFCCG DVD* hehe - this game always gets me pumped for the NE matchup :D

OK, my turn. This "proven" secondary of yours has faced no one worth a ****. The Colts have looked great this year playing against the powder puffs, as have the Patriots. I really don't think the Colts have proven **** because they've beaten up on nobody's. I don't think you really have any idea where your defense really is being that they've yet to face a passing attack of our caliber.

What you said about Manning is why I consider this Colts game to be the real measuring stick. Good as Manning has been, I've never seen him so "locked" like I have this year. Watching him makes offense just look like a joke as if anyone could do it. It's going to be a hell of a test for us to slow your guy down. I don't think there is a secondary in the NFL that can stop the Colts/Patriots unless their guys are getting to the QB.

All season we've felt up and down about the pass rush but this game will really prove where it's at. The only chance I think any D has NOT to give up 28+ is to get to the QB, who ever does so the most will win. You make a fair point about Light. We really are depending on Vollmer, because I don't think coming off a pretty ****ty injury Light will be up to Freeney's speed. This means our rookie is really going to have to become a man if he wants to stop Freeny that night, this match up has me nervous.

This is going to be the most epic match up since the 07 show down. I look forward to it. I wont wish the Colts luck, but I hope both teams stay healthy. I can say that :D

Now excuse me, I'll go pop in my 03 AFC title game, or maybe the 04 divisional round. It was amazing seeing the Colts shock and aw offense become so awful wasn't it? :D

OK, my turn. This "proven" secondary of yours has faced no one worth a ****. The Colts have looked great this year playing against the powder puffs, as have the Patriots. I really don't think the Colts have proven **** because they've beaten up on nobody's. I don't think you really have any idea where your defense really is being that they've yet to face a passing attack of our caliber.

My post wasnt made to start any flame war, and I didnt think it came across that way, as it was not intended.

But, to say our defense hasnt played a passing team of your caliber is kinda silly. Arizona has quite possibly the best receiving corps in the NFL with Fitz, Boldin, and Breaston, and a HOF QB in Warner, and we see what happened that game.. coming off a short week after getting a defensive pounding from Miami (being on the field for over 45 mins of play). Granted, this is the only game they were tested, and they passed with flying colors. But, I can say the same about the Pats, they havent seen a passing attack of OUR caliber. :)

Last edited:
I have no concerns about Indy or the Saints. I think we can play with either team and frankly, a win in November doesn't mean squat unless it's for homefield advantage. With Indy's schedule, I don't think we can keep pace with them in terms of wins and losses so that game means little in the long run.

It's the games in January I want to win. Win the division first boys, the rest will sort itself out.

My post wasnt made to start any flame war, and I didnt think it came across that way, as it was not intended.

But, to say our defense hasnt played a passing team of your caliber is kinda silly. Arizona has quite possibly the best receiving corps in the NFL with Fitz, Boldin, and Breaston, and a HOF QB in Warner, and we see what happened that game.. coming off a short week after getting a defensive pounding from Miami (being on the field for over 45 mins of play). Granted, this is the only game they were tested, and they passed with flying colors. But, I can say the same about the Pats, they havent seen a passing attack of OUR caliber. :)

The Baltimore Ravens, in the top five of total offense, come to mind right off the bat.

my hopes and beliefs are that we will run, and run all over the place

colts canst really stop the run, and if u guys have to stack the box, then i see some of our recievers getting open....u cant double cover both welker and moss ;)

my hopes and beliefs are that we will run, and run all over the place

colts canst really stop the run, and if u guys have to stack the box, then i see some of our recievers getting open....u cant double cover both welker and moss ;)

I think this is key for both teams, and neither team is in position to be able to run effectively. Lets face it, Addai and Maroney are sub-par RB's at best. I'm hoping for a shootout, and whoever wins the turnover battle wins the game... but regardless, it should be a stellar time. I just hate that i cant be in the stadium this year for it :mad:

..the Colts have a 36-6 record at home since 2004. So, im not worried IF it were back to NE.. maybe...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore