PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I hope the Pats enjoy the bye because the next 4 games define the season

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you count the Miami game on the end of the string, I see them going 3-2; they'll beat a team many thought they'd lose to ( Dolts or Aints) and lose to a team many thought they'd beat (I'll go with the Doofins on the road).

Can anyone explain to me how the Doofins CONTINUE to have success with that BS high school offense; the defense knows it's coming, they've been running it for over a year, yet it still works.

I just don't get it.

i disagree, its the next 5 games after the bye that are important...

i say we beat Miami both times....their now two starting rookies should not be able to contain moss and welker, we shouldnt need our running game for those two games against miami

the jets i believe well beat at home....our offense is more primed, and the best player the jets have when playing us (leon) wont be there for it, also, i believe well be able to run a whole lot easier w/o jenkins, and no pressure up the middle by the jets D, we take it

the other two games, against the two elite passing offenses in the NFL will be fun to watch, its when we will really know what to expect from our defense

for INDY, i dont know, b/c i dont know what kind of team indy is, they have had an amazingly easy schedule so far, and have faced NO good defense, or good offense for that matter, i believe we will make them one dimensional, and then well see how our cb's hold up from there, on O, we would need to establish a running game, b/c we should be able to run ont he colts.....

for the saints, its a lot like indy, but the saints have faced one or two quality teams....i think our defense can do to the NO offense a lot of what the jets defense did to it, but w/o the same offensive misfires taht the jets had, well have a chance, it will once again be a test, but it will also be a test for the saints, a measuring stick for both

i would not be extremely surpised if we go 5-0 after the bye, i would expect a 4-1, or a 3-2.....if we lose more than 2 i would be extremely surprised

but i expect a 4-1, and the team can win all 5

If you count the Miami game on the end of the string, I see them going 3-2; they'll beat a team many thought they'd lose to ( Dolts or Aints) and lose to a team many thought they'd beat (I'll go with the Doofins on the road).

Can anyone explain to me how the Doofins CONTINUE to have success with that BS high school offense; the defense knows it's coming, they've been running it for over a year, yet it still works.

I just don't get it.

they have faced undisciplined defenses....now that they play us, i doubt the wildcat will work, much like our second meeting of last year

and if we slow their running game, chad has no chance of beating us....

Because Miami is on the verge of possibly losing to the Jets and their 6th loss this weekend and if they do and we beat them then they are irrelevent except for the division wins and besides that is in December,not November.

So, you're going to count the 1st MIA game which will be easier at home at 1:00, but you're not going to count the one in primetime on the road AFTER a shortened week on Mon. Night?

That's crazy. The 5 game stretch starts and ends with MIA, and has 3 primetime games out of the 5. That's pretty hard, even if it's the first wk of December or the first wk of April, the season will be determined in the next 5 games. Forget MIA's record, that sounds ridiculous. They were winning against 2 unbeaten teams, Indy and N.Orleans, and beat the NYJ. Besides, they always play the NEP hard, despite any other circumstances. TFB has one of his worst records against Miami, no?

Last edited:
With the extra week to prepare, there's no way we're losing to Miami at home.

The Colts will be tough, they always are, but bear in mind we were potentially an Unnecessary Roughness penalty away from beating them last year with Matt Cassel and and a slower defense. I don't think the Colts are any better this year than they were then. Manning is playing better, but the difference between him this year and him at that time last year is comparable to the difference between Brady and Cassel.

Bill won't lose to the Jets again, especially not at home. Brady is clicking now and they'll be without Jenkins on D, that'll be huge.

Saints I can see going either way, they look like the real deal right now. But one interesting stat that jumps out at me... know when the last time we lost to an NFC team is? Week two, at Carolina in 2005. Since then we've won SEVENTEEN straight versus the NFC, including all four last year without Brady. It could be coincidence, but it seems to me teams that are not familiar with the Patriots and Belichick struggle a lot. Look at the teams that beat us this year: Jets (division team, knows us well) and Broncos (coached by our former OC).

And last year we lost to Jets and Dolphins (divisions), Colts, Steelers, and Chargers (all have played us a ton recently, practically division opponents it seems). With the Saints coming in with relatively no experience playing Brady and BB, I count that as a HUGE advantage for us.

The Colts will be tough, they always are, but bear in mind we were potentially an Unnecessary Roughness penalty away from beating them last year with Matt Cassel and and a slower defense. I don't think the Colts are any better this year than they were then. Manning is playing better, but the difference between him this year and him at that time last year is comparable to the difference between Brady and Cassel.

Bill won't lose to the Jets again, especially not at home. Brady is clicking now and they'll be without Jenkins on D, that'll be huge.

Saints I can see going either way, they look like the real deal right now. But one interesting stat that jumps out at me... know when the last time we lost to an NFC team is? Week two, at Carolina in 2005. Since then we've won SEVENTEEN straight versus the NFC, including all four last year without Brady. It could be coincidence, but it seems to me teams that are not familiar with the Patriots and Belichick struggle a lot. Look at the teams that beat us this year: Jets (division team, knows us well) and Broncos (coached by our former OC).

And last year we lost to Jets and Dolphins (divisions), Colts, Steelers, and Chargers (all have played us a ton recently, practically division opponents it seems). With the Saints coming in with relatively no experience playing Brady and BB, I count that as a HUGE advantage for us.

Great points, Sicilian....

You could be on to something here. All the AFCE teams played the Saints tough and I think Miami and New Jersey had the closest games with them.

i disagree, its the next 5 games after the bye that are important...

i say we beat Miami both times....their now two starting rookies should not be able to contain moss and welker, we shouldnt need our running game for those two games against miami

the jets i believe well beat at home....our offense is more primed, and the best player the jets have when playing us (leon) wont be there for it, also, i believe well be able to run a whole lot easier w/o jenkins, and no pressure up the middle by the jets D, we take it

the other two games, against the two elite passing offenses in the NFL will be fun to watch, its when we will really know what to expect from our defense

for INDY, i dont know, b/c i dont know what kind of team indy is, they have had an amazingly easy schedule so far, and have faced NO good defense, or good offense for that matter, i believe we will make them one dimensional, and then well see how our cb's hold up from there, on O, we would need to establish a running game, b/c we should be able to run ont he colts.....

for the saints, its a lot like indy, but the saints have faced one or two quality teams....i think our defense can do to the NO offense a lot of what the jets defense did to it, but w/o the same offensive misfires taht the jets had, well have a chance, it will once again be a test, but it will also be a test for the saints, a measuring stick for both

i would not be extremely surpised if we go 5-0 after the bye, i would expect a 4-1, or a 3-2.....if we lose more than 2 i would be extremely surprised

but i expect a 4-1, and the team can win all 5

I agree. I am expecting 3-2 which would most likely allow us to finish 4-0 down the stretch in Dec/1st wk of Jan. That would give us a 12-4 record, pretty damn good considering the hard schedule (that many were in denial about).

It would be exceptional to go 4-1, that's what I'm rooting for. That should enable us to go 13-3, which may allow for a 1st rd bye.

I can't really see 5-0, beating 2 unbeaten teams on the road in primetime, then sweeping the MIA games (with the away one off a shortened wk in primetime), and also beating the NYJ in a rematch. That IMO, is asking a bit much. I am expecting 3-2, but rooting for 4-1, I think that's a lot more realistic.

The sad thing is if they went 3-2, these boards would be alive with disappointment, which is absolutley amazingly stupid. People don't understand that going on the road 3 times in 5 games, with 3 in primetime + one on the road following a MNF game is amazing. Not to mention 3 divisional games, and 2 against unbeaten opponents!

Last edited:

there is no such thing as an absolute.

if you literally think there is NO WAY we're losing to the Dolphins than you should take your life savings and go bet the Pats to win when the line open.

in reality, there is some chance we win and some chance we lose every game. never 0%, never 100%.

Remember 2007 SB... we lost to the NFC Giants...

there is no such thing as an absolute.

if you literally think there is NO WAY we're losing to the Dolphins than you should take your life savings and go bet the Pats to win when the line open.

in reality, there is some chance we win and some chance we lose every game. never 0%, never 100%.

Ugh. Fine. There's a 99% chance we beat Miami at home :p

I'm thinking regular season, but this actually further illustrates my point regarding New Orleans. The only NFC team to beat us since week 2 of 2005 had a game against us a month prior as a warmup.

Tough games coming up indeed.

I think we'll handle Miami and the Jets. Miami's main weapon is the WildCat and the reason why they were so successful against us last year in the first meeting was because BB was unprepared and when he tried to make adjustments, we didn't have the athletes to get it done. Second game, he made up for the fact that we still didn't have the athletes with a great game plan. This time around, we have the speed to track down MIA's RBs much like Baltimore did in the playoffs and we still have the anchors in our DL (mainly Vince). I say we handle them pretty well.

I think Brady will handle the Jet's pressure next time around. I just don't see Brady folding and playing poorly the way he did the first game. And I don't see Sanchez having much success in Gillette. He's shown that he's not ready to play in the cold and it's a lot colder in Foxborough than it is in Meadowlands.

Against the Saints, I say we also handle them. We have awesome depth in CBs and I see us playing nickle/dime the whole game. Brees has been awesome and I think he can move his offense down the field, but I think we'll hold them to FGs and not give up TDs. Our pass rush may be non-existent, but in the Red Zone, we are tough to score against because of our scheme and especially now because of the speed in our secondary.

Against the Colts, man, Manning is just tough. He can make all the throws, is just as smart as Brady, and knows BB's scheme so well. That's gonna be THE game.

Last edited:
5 - 0 in the next five games ;)

Thanks for reminding me.

I still cannot to this day watch a single "highlight" of that epic failure.

We blew "The Perfect Season."

We lost "To that half a moron ballbag Manning."

We lost "To a ****ing bunch of New Yorkers."

Still makes me want to puke...................

this is the way i see the next 5 game's going

nov 9th vs MIA

i can see the fish runing for over 200 yerd's on the pats but the pat's will get a few key turn over's and win 24 to 17

nov 15th at IND

payton mianning will pass for all most 400 yerd's and 4 TD's and the colt's will win 38 to 28

nov 22th vs NYJ

i see the jets will make it a game at half time but the pats will blow the door's off of them in the second half and win 35 to 13

nov 30th at NO

this will not be the shootout every one was looker for on monday night the pats will win the T.O.P by throwing short to welker and Edelman mixed with the run the pats win 24 to 17

dec 6th at MIA

i see pats will not let the fish run the way they did in the first game but they dont get the turn over's they got in the first game fish win 24 to 21

so i see the pats 3-2 in the next 5 game's

Last edited:
Actually, I see the next 5 games as all defining the season. The 5th is against Miami at home where they seem to play us tough. I think to be successful against the fins in both games, we have to play them harder, tougher and more physically. I hope AD is up to it!

5 - 0 in the next five games ;)

I'm right there with you. I'll bump this thread if it happens. :D

Conveniently ignore it if it doesn't. :mad:

This threads title is loser talk.

I always thought the playoffs defined the season...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes