Welcome to PatsFans.com

Hey Pats fans-how does it feel to "Embrace the Hate"?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by DisgruntledTunaFan, Nov 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Sorry about this, but I'm bored-anyhow, it seems like all 31 other teams are making "conspiracies" about why your team is so successful this year. I find it comical, but nonetheless get alot of flack about this over at the CMB. Anyhow, here's a post I found over there-thoughts?

BTW-I've also gotten alot of flack too when I pointed out some favorable calls we got in our game against you.
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2007
  2. Pats_AZ

Pats_AZ Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

ok....whatever.:rolleyes:
  3. Lampshade

Lampshade Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Holy cow! In the top 1/3rd of all teams for penalties??? Daming stuff.

That 10 teams have actually been called for less penalties is irrelevant; that the Colts have only been called 29 times is even moreso.
  4. bradmahn

bradmahn Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

The vast majority of that hogwash has been addressed in multiple other posts, but there is some seriously flawed thinking in that guy's reasoning involving fourth downs.

Belichick went for it on fourth down 20 times last year, two shy of the league lead. It is a situational philosophy that appears to have been learned Parcells. Yes, the 'Boys went for it on fourth down nineteen times last year, and Sean Payton had just as many attempts as Belichick and the Pats.
  5. Ice Cold Bruschi

Ice Cold Bruschi Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You can't blame the pats that there are still teams stupid enough to make trades with them even when they know they're getting the **** end of the stick, ie. Miami, Seattle, San Fran, Washington, Buffalo, Baltimore.
  6. Krugman

Krugman Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I'm good with it....
  7. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You know they make cameras now that are small enough to show an ant laying eggs in an ant nest. Can you imagine where you could PUT A CAMERA that small???

Hm-m-m-m....

:eek:

//
  8. hwc

hwc Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I enjoy embracing the hate. My attitude towards the NFL and the other 31 teams is:

Eff 'em
  9. Lampshade

Lampshade Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Yep. Who wants the fans of the other teams to get joy? Not me.
  10. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +32 / 2 / -0

We haven't been in any "critical situations" yet :D
  11. Ahriman

Ahriman Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

DTF, I'm gladly embracing the hate. It's not so much that I'm making excuses for the Patriots, rather, I'm enjoying watching opposing fans spew their rhetoric knowing that they know their team has no chance to win the game on Sunday/Monday.

I'm not sure if the Cowboys were this hated in the 90's because there was no "scandal", so to speak, that followed them. This may be uncharted territory for haterade with the media in overdrive trying to make this story as big as possible so the NFL season isn't one giant countdown until the Pats or Colts win the Super Bowl.
  12. spacecrime

spacecrime Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

??? A first round draft pick? No team has ever been penalized a first round draft pick in the history of the NFL.

And again, all teams try to steal signals. It is why offensive coaches put a sheet in front of their mouths and defensive coaches change their signals regularly.

THe crime was VIDEO-TAPING signals.

But thanks for keeping the chatter alive. All this talk is fueling the Pats to their fourth superbowl in 7 years, their fifth in 8 years, and their sixth in 9 years.

Cheers.
  13. the Patriot

the Patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I like these ridiculous arguments. The Patriots' dominance has left the rest of the league stomping their feet in frustration. My feeling is. If you want to believe that cheating brought us three Superbowls then that's fine. Perhaps that will comfort you when we're up 21pts at the half.
  14. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

You would think that fans of "America's Team" would have figured out a long time ago what the hate is all about, wouldn't you. On some level all dynasties have had to learn to embrace it, because it beats the hell out of the alternative...

I think watching this team and this HC has really spoiled Pat's fans in more ways than one. Not only do we win, we understand why we lose when we do because unlike the majority of HC's or GM's in this league today, Belichick doesn't broach excuses even when he knows at times there are some valid ones. I pity the fans of other franchises who can't seem to get to the root of their own problems because they somehow find it more conforting to blame their own or anyone else's downfall on us. Everybody in this league starts out on a level playing field, and that so many continue to stagger in spite of that is mindnumbing.

YOUR COACHES AND FO AND OWNERSHIP SUCK - WAKE THE F UP. :bricks:

This team is accountable from the top down. They do a crime or make a mistake or fall flat on their faces and they pay the price, and move on. They don't go looking for scapegoats outside their own little corner of the world, even though at times they do exist and as fans we will point that out. At the end of the day that is the essence of "the system". It is a novel concept some of the other 31 teams might want to try to emulate rather than wasting time compiling conspiracy theories. Don't want penalties - try demanding discipline. Want to score more points - try executing. If the Cowboys had scored TD's on 3/4th of Romo's picks, the gap between us and them would be a lot slimmer. Don't want to get blown out of games, try fielding a remotely competitive offense and defense. Want to get to the next level - quit making excuses or buying into media hype or blowing smoke (warranted or unwarranted) up each others asses. LOL

This is purported to be a copycat league and yet only the Colts and Steelers (under Cowher) have been remotely successful in attempting to emulate at least to some extent or for a brief period a system we operate in plain sight.
  15. Brady to Brown

Brady to Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I guess a classy fan after seeing their team destroyed by the Patriots would take their hat off to the better team.

Some fans, and media have no class. That's where the hate comes from.

I love it. EFF em all.
  16. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0

Disable Jersey

Just more reason for the New England Patriots to bring their 2007 GFY NFL Tour to your home stadium
  17. billrob

billrob Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I can hear thr colts fans now, next Mondays cry fest wawawawa pats don't get any penalties called on them. national media should pick it up and run with it by tuesday, national sports headline by weds
  18. Snake

Snake Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It sounds from the facts presented in what the author posted, the Patriots are playing excellent football. Not many penalties and able to make plays.

Sounds to me Belichick is putting a well-prepared and talented football team capable of executing on the field every week. If that's hate, I have no problem at all embracing it.

GO PATRIOTS!!
  19. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

I embrace the hate any chance I get. The more I thought about it ,the more it proves that were a great team. The bigger the hate,the better the team. :rocker:

Afew weeks back when we played Miami one of their trolls posted to me that I must hate them because of my signature. I posted back "no,why would I hate Miami their pathetic,theres nothing to hate"
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.