PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hernandez attacked fellow inmate

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's PC wings in every prison I've ever encountered, Fencer. I doubt Ahern would ever go PC upon conviction. PC is a horrible way to do long time. First off, it's got the same rules as a high security wing. 23 hours lockdown. Limited visits. He's not going to ever entertain anything like that. Right now he HAS to await trail in PC because Hodgson wants it that way.

I expect , as almost everybody does, that he'll be convicted. If the murder counts stick, he's bound for Cedar Junction. He's a Latin King. They have a rather large clique of Kings there and a significant Hispanic population. He'll clique up, use his resources to establish whatever base of influence he can, and live out his gangster lifestyle. The Mass. prison CAN determine him to be a disruptive influence and ship him out of state under the interstate compact agreement.

After this is all over the next thing we'll hear about him is he stabbed somebody up or got hit himself...or else we all be mostly passed on by the time he hits the streets an old man

He's not a Latin King, he is in the Gang, Los Solitos which is big in the area that Hernandez is from.

Sure are a lot of lilly white guys willing to pontificate on how to survive in the system and how prison violence should be avoided or people should be the 'bigger man'.

The reality is that our system is stuck somewhere between punishment and rehabilitation without really doing either. A lot of these guys when faced with the tremendous stress and horror that is decades in jail will double-down on their thug (for lack of a better term) impulses and begin fretting about stupid **** that wouldn't matter in the real world but carries tremendous gravity inside.

Source: Reading, documentaries and a close family relative who did time in Leavenworth in the 70s/80s. This was a marine who was usually the biggest guy anywhere he went who was terrified of some of the people he met in prison.

Even if it is jail a lot of these guys get into the system and eventually their rep will follow them because you have nothing to do but talk about bull**** and nonsense when time is standing still for 40 years.

The thing that stands out about the Hernandez situation in my mind is the perceptions people have of him. It is as if they look at Hernandez as if he is Justin Bieber, and is just this rich over privileged punk, who thinks he can get away with anything because of who he is.

The reality is Hernandez does not care; he is cut from the same cloth as Wallace, Ortiz, and Bradley, all of whom have lengthy criminal backgrounds. This belief that Hernandez is going to have an eye opening experience and be victimized like Tobias Beecher on OZ is ridiculous, he is a murderer other inmates are not going to create conflict with him unless it is merited, and he certainly is not going to be someone’s “*****”. Hernandez willingly associated with the type of people who are in jail on the outside; he will have no issue blending on the inside.

Well I guess Hernandez is not going to become a wide receiver after all... :confused2:

Every time I see that State Farm Insurance commercial with the bald guy I think of him branding the guy with the swastika in the first episode of that series. That was a great show, HBO shows have gone downhill, since the days of OZ and Sopranos.

True Detective is probably the best show on TV right now and blows Oz away in my opinion. The middle seasons of the Sopranos as well.

True Detective is probably the best show on TV right now and blows Oz away in my opinion. The middle seasons of the Sopranos as well.

I tried to watch it but the first 10 minutes of the first episode was unbearably boring to me. Does it get better?

Hey, I sometimes watch "Judge Judy" at the gym. Stay tuned for my upcoming insightful exposition on the criminal justice system.

Hmm

- 24 years old
- 6’2” 260lbs
- Awaiting trial for first degree murder and five weapons charges, with his friend and fiancés sister’s boyfriends as the victim
- Civil case pending for shooting a friend in the face and leaving him to die in an industrial park
- Case currently being heard by the grand jury for as the alleged trigger man in double homicide
- Suspected to have gang ties and other outlaw affiliations
- Millions of dollars in the bank
- Investigated for interstate gun running
- Investigated for drive by shooting in Florida
- Knocked a bounce out and blew out his ear drum for trying to charge him for a drink

Hernandez would sound like the “wrong person” in just about every situation outside of facing off with Hitler, and that does not even include the three people who were questioned in his case and have died since. Anyone who is messing with Hernandez need there head examined.

Ask anyone with knowledge of prisons the level of intelligence of prisoners. Thus, your post is logical, just does not apply here.

I tried to watch it but the first 10 minutes of the first episode was unbearably boring to me. Does it get better?

The show is pretty damn good, as are most HBO shows.

The crappy part is that Macconaghey and Harrelson are only doing one season, and that it's wrapping up in 2 weeks after only 8 episodes.

Hey, I sometimes watch "Judge Judy" at the gym. Stay tuned for my upcoming insightful exposition on the criminal justice system.

You and my wife, PWP.

As a CrimJ major in both undergrad/grad school, I can't help but laugh at the ridiculousness of that idiot lady. She makes up her own rules and often says "I can do what I want," or "I don't believe you, simple as that." No real law basis whatsoever.

My wife (a doctor of audiology, mind you--no dummy) somehow honestly believes that this stuff is real. I sometimes feel as though I'm in the "Twilight Zone."

I guess it depends on your tastes. It does build slowly and through 5 episodes there's still a lot of trying to figure out what's going on. I tend to gravitate towards shows like that though. When Breaking Bad first came out the few people I know that watched it felt that it was too slow moving and tedious. This reminds me of that a bit or a bit like something David Lynch would have done.

The show is pretty damn good, as are most HBO shows.

The crappy part is that Macconaghey and Harrelson are only doing one season, and that it's wrapping up in 2 weeks after only 8 episodes.

Yeah, I hear ya but from what I hear is it's supposed to be like American Horror Story where each season has a different cast and plot. For all we know the next cast/plot could be just as good or better.

Yeah, I hear ya but from what I hear is it's supposed to be like American Horror Story where each season has a different cast and plot. For all we know the next cast/plot could be just as good or better.

Valid point, but one of the reasons I like the show is due to the fine acting skills from both of those two knuckleheads.

I think both of those actors are top notch at the moment, and both have really grown with their acting over the years.

And now we have the news that the inmate Hernandez attacked was in handcuffs, unable to defend himself, which makes Hernandez that much more of a douche. So much for putting him on a pedestal.

I think it's a positive that he won the fight

Considering the other prisoner was in manacles. I see it as quite a cowardly act, as others in the prison community will wish to test...

Cowardly to attack a guy in handcuffs.
OK
So what does that make emptying a 9mm handgun into an unarmed Lloyd?

The inmate was probably trying to convert him from a tight end to a...wide receiver.

YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

I'll be here all week, folks!

no you won't...with jokes that rotten, you just made it to the top of the hit parade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back