PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hernandez attacked fellow inmate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Potentially, he could be--although I think this may be an example of the media blowing things out of proportion. I think lesser sanctions are probably more likely for this instance, although that's just an opinion of course.

"Bristol County Sheriff Thomas Hodgson would not confirm who started the brawl, but said neither inmate needed medical attention and that the punchout was over within one minute.

Following our investigation, we'll be able to determine if one or both of the inmates will get any disciplinary action, from a rule violation to administrative discipline or it could rise to criminal charges if it's determined that one was involved in directly assaulting and battering another inmate," Hodgson told the News on Wednesday."

Read more: Aaron Hernandez jailhouse fight involved handcuffed inmate: report* - NY Daily News

What I find interesting is that a former corrections officer has said very strongly, that it is no accident that this happened.

To which I add my suspicions that whoever let this happened was not on Hernandez's side, and has succeeded in making things much worse for Hernandez in that no matter who is convened to the grand jury, they'll have a mental picture of him mercilessly battering a prisoner who was in handcuffs.

It's the East Coast OJ case....books, movies, magazine articles...Hernandez is going to keep a lot of people in the chips profiting off his crimes.

I'm sure there will be some type of movie at some point. It would be an interesting story if they were able to gather information about Hernandez everyday life prior to the murders.

What I find interesting is that a former corrections officer has said very strongly, that it is no accident that this happened.

To which I add my suspicions that whoever let this happened was not on Hernandez's side, and has succeeded in making things much worse for Hernandez in that no matter who is convened to the grand jury, they'll have a mental picture of him mercilessly battering a prisoner who was in handcuffs.

You could be onto something. There may be a chance that it's also the other way around and Hernandez somehow coaxed someone into letting him out at the same time too, one just never knows.

I can buy into the correctional officer's idea that it may have not been an accident though. There are certainly supposed to be rules followed, and this doesn't seem to be a case of that happening here. Either someone really dropped the ball, or the CO's opinion is correct.

My only point was that I doubt that Hernandez will be dealt more charges from this in terms of assault. These kinds of things happen frequently (although not with these kinds of specifics), and I would guess that it will be sanctioned from within. It will be a blemish on his "jail record," and he may miss out on some perks/good time rewards, etc. I just don't personally see new assault charges coming from a fairly common, small time jail house fight. That is normally only reserved for very serious assaults when more than 2 people are fighting. Think fights where someone is beat up by a pre-planned 3-4 people combo.

Who knows though? This whole situation has been bizarre from the beginning.

In the legal world do not see one having much to do with the other, even though they may be connected they are very distinct as are the players involved... do you tell the relatives of the Boston case that AH will not be prosecuted, because of what happened to Odyn Lloyd??

I also believe the evidence can be shared by the two cases if he is indicted..

Most of what happens hereon is about politics, and justice will take a bad seat. This matter will be newsworthy and will attract a lot of national media, and whoever the AG is will get a lot of face time... giving the impression that he or she is doing a good job and we are all safer because of their actions.

The conviction of AH will be a resume highlight for whoever does it...

Spot on.
This is the kind of case that could, potentially, be the launching point for an AG to become congressman, governor or senator. And an AG doesn't achieve this by having justice be the guiding factor, he/she does it by letting public opinion/media be their guiding factor. Massachusetts already has a sitting national political leader who got there, in part, by this kind of farce (it's not limited to Massachusetts or political party).
While there isn't a good/viable alternative to democracy, Churchill said it best when he said "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter"

If he killed him would the Patriots get cap relief?

We need a volunteer to get killed by Hernandez. I'd do it myself, but my back is dodgy.

Last edited:
If he killed him would the Patriots get cap relief?

We need a volunteer to get killed by Hernandez. I'd do it myself, but my back is dodgy.

I nominate our cap expert Miguel. His cap services will be sorely missed. :(

I just hope BB doesn't blow the cap $ saved on a Ocho type FA.

Imagine how much effort it would have taken Hernandez to not beat the crap out of a handcuffed person though.

So much effort! he would literally have to just keep walking and not punch a dude over and over again with no worries that the other guy is going to hit him back. Thats like offering a kid a marshmellow, and being all "listen fella, if you don't eat this marshmallow, when i come back ill give you a second one.. but if you eat it, that's all you get"

Poor Ahern, The deck is always stacked against him. :bricks:

I still think it's somewhat unlikely that they'll prosecute him for this particular crime and actually get a conviction, but the more, the merrier as far as I'm concerned.

I actually hope they charge him for every single thing he's ever done wrong--all at once :cool:

I still think it's somewhat unlikely that they'll prosecute him for this particular crime and actually get a conviction, but the more, the merrier as far as I'm concerned.

I actually hope they charge him for every single thing he's ever done wrong--all at once :cool:

As do I the Bristol County House of Corrections Sheriffs seem to relish the spotlight and never miss an opportunity, Hodgson and his predecessor(who's name I cannot remember) were darlings of the press... and became whores of the media for their own self serving interests.

All Hodgson is doing is garnering facebook likes or twitter followers..

Why are we even posting about this guy?

OT but how did the same poster like this post 3 times :confused: (reply 141 from the previous page)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back