PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Have many Patriots fans become spoiled brats?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Have many Patriots fan become spoiled brats.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
But it's the over the top reaction by many here since last night that brings the poll question.

Why does the over-the-top reaction of the homers never bring up "How many fans have become mindless drones?" polls?

That one in a million catch by Holmes was not the D's fault. They played it well. It reminded me of Tyee's catch.:(

If you've actually watched guys like Holmes, Wayne, VJax, etc. they make those types of catches a lot more than you think. Go back to the superbowl, where Holmes made one of the greatest catches of all time. The guy is clutch.

From many of the post-game posts, absolutely. 1 team wins the title every year and some here wail when the Pats don't win, believing a championship is an entitlement. It is not enough to compete for a title, and frankly the Pats do that pretty much every year. Any loss whatsoever starts the moaning about the failings of the team.

There is a huge difference between intelligent criticism of decisions of players or coaches and emotional tantrums when we don't get the outcome we want. Criticism may follow wins or losses, but you see very little criticism after wins. That tends to suggest fans are happy because they got what they want, and the uninformed, unintelligent blasts after the game suggests pouting.

No fan should celebrate a loss, certainly not a loss to the Jets, but get some perspective on what the rest of the NFL has to deal with every year. The Cowboys were picked by many to win it all. So were the Vikings. How many years like their year has this team seen in 10 years?

Randy Moss would like to have a word with you also.

Randy Moss was a trade acquisition, not a free agency. Regardless, getting Moss worked out pretty well. Samuel/Harrison letting a scrub catch a ball on his helmet doesn't take away the fact Moss had a record breaking season and catch a go-ahead TD in the superbowl.

The whole "spoiled" angle is really starting to lose merit. This team hasn't won anything going on seven years now - four years since its last playoff victory. We as fans have a right to be upset and criticize any player/coach we want. Its no different from Giants fans wanting Coughlins head after going 10-6. When you raise the bar for your franchise after winning a superbowl, you have to meet those expectations. Four years without a playoff win is unacceptable for this team and changes need to be made before those standards fall even further.

I hear what you are saying OP but part of me is upset for the team. While they display nothing but respect and class, they let those loud mouthed obnoxious punks come into their house and beat them. I could care less if anyone gives me crap, but it's just a kick in the balls for the players. The Good Guys who do things the right way lost this one. And anyone with a sense if justice has to be a little pissed about that.

What about the other three touchdowns?

1 was set up by the muffed snap. The last might have allowed to happen, if there was any chance of a comeback, otherwise the Jets run out the clock right there.

If you've actually watched guys like Holmes, Wayne, VJax, etc. they make those types of catches a lot more than you think. Go back to the superbowl, where Holmes made one of the greatest catches of all time. The guy is clutch.

Ok, 2 in a million.:D

1 was set up by the muffed snap. The last might have allowed to happen, if there was any chance of a comeback, otherwise the Jets run out the clock right there.
In the meantime, the New England Patriots have not finished rebuilding the defense via the NFL Draft, in my humble opinion.

Holy leading question, Batman. Crap poll, crap thread.

I don't think it's fair to call passionate fans "spoiled".

Yes this team has had amazing historic success and has a great future too, but I'd be more concerned about the number of fans who just shrug this off and don't care as much when this team loses, which may be a bigger sign of a spoiled bandwagon fan base than anything...

From a Jest board "Pats fans
Why did you Boo your team at the end of the first half, are you that spoiled??"

From a Jest board "Pats fans
Why did you Boo your team at the end of the first half, are you that spoiled??"

Oh please lol, new yorker are the same people that left after the 5th inning in game 7 of the 2004 alcs.

So wait, some of us are spoiled brats because we wanted the team to beat the Jets to advance to the Championship round and then got pissed off when the team laid a big, stinking egg on the 50 yard line? I guess I'm spoiled. Yeah, it's cool that they won three Super Bowls and went to four. I'm proud of them for that.

1. But this team has the talent to win now.
2. They have a quarterback who can win now.
3. They went 14-2.
4. They locked up the top seed in the playoffs.
5. They beat every playoff team save for one.
6. They beat the team they played yesterday 45-3 barely a month ago.

With all of those factors being considered, I'm not sure how being disappointed, even angry, can characterize you as spoiled. As a matter of fact, I would consider that stance a copout.

So wait, some of us are spoiled brats because we wanted the team to beat the Jets to advance to the Championship round and then got pissed off when the team laid a big, stinking egg on the 50 yard line? I guess I'm spoiled. Yeah, it's cool that they won three Super Bowls and went to four. I'm proud of them for that.

3. They went 14-2.

With all of those factors being considered, I'm not sure how being disappointed, even angry, can characterize you as spoiled. As a matter of fact, I would consider that stance a copout.

No they don't.

I hate to do this but did you really thing the pats could win the superbowl with that defense? Sooner or later it would have cost them.

No they don't.

I hate to do this but did you really thing the pats could win the superbowl with that defense? Sooner or later it would have cost them.

Why not? The Saints won the Super Bowl last year using the exact same blueprint we had this year.

So wait, some of us are spoiled brats because we wanted the team to beat the Jets to advance to the Championship round and then got pissed off when the team laid a big, stinking egg on the 50 yard line?

No they don't.

What part of "wanted the team to beat the Jets to advance to the Championship round" didn't you understand? This wasn't, at least as far as I'm concerned, a "Superbowl win or bust" post season. It was, however, a "beat the Jests or bust" post season (and how do you, after last night, answer "yes" to this ridiculous poll?).

Last edited:

3. They went 14-2.

All Patriots fans are disappointed and most are a little angry, including myself. That is not being a spoiled fan, that's being human.

What is spoiled is blasting TFB, BB, and Kraft for the long term over disappointing loss. I wouldn't want a different coach, owner, or QB going forward with this young team, getting back some of the injured players, and having 6 picks of the top 100 in this draft.

The whole "spoiled" angle is really starting to lose merit. This team hasn't won anything going on seven years now - four years since its last playoff victory. We as fans have a right to be upset and criticize any player/coach we want. Its no different from Giants fans wanting Coughlins head after going 10-6. When you raise the bar for your franchise after winning a superbowl, you have to meet those expectations. Four years without a playoff win is unacceptable for this team and changes need to be made before those standards fall even further.

I nominate this for best post of the day. We haven't done jack sh*t in awhile, so I don't get this whole "we should just be happy to have won so much in the last decade". It's been a helluva long time and a lot of football has been played since 2004, if you ask me. So we need to be a lot hungrier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes