PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hannah Storm on ESPN Today Claims Patriots Filmed Rams SB Practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not exactly the PC police but, there's no need to make this about her being a women. ESPN has many many men on their network that do the exact same thing.

Just trying make the point that those two things didn't happen. So her saying the Pats taped practices is as asinine as saying she screwed people to get where she is in life.

arguably, and my argument...there are 2 parts to what she said.
1. about practices being tape. in that part she said some would say.. not her quote, just what other people might say. obviously not her own though

2. part about patriots having a history of cheating. which according to many people a fact that patriots cheated (i dont believe it). facts are not defamatory

Either she is directly referring to the discredited story about the Patriots filming the Rams walk-through prior to Super Bowl 36 or the statement is an incoherent non-sequitur.

\

dont misquote me..i never said that. i said it wasnt used in the context of taping practice

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but when you continually change your story and obfuscate, you are wasting everyone's time.

billdog3484 said:
Like i said before. taken as a whole, you can easily argue that she said video taping (not necessarily practice) is part of patriots history...and that is a fact...so if you dont agree on that then ok but thats what it is

No, son, she said the "filming of practices".

Just trying make the point that those two things didn't happen. So her saying the Pats taped practices is as asinine as saying she screwed people to get where she is in life.
Ooooh re-reading it in that context that makes sense.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but when you continually change your story and obfuscate, you are wasting everyone's time.

billdog3484 said:
Like i said before. taken as a whole, you can easily argue that she said video taping (not necessarily practice) is part of patriots history...and that is a fact...so if you dont agree on that then ok but thats what it is

yahhh...hello..i said "NOT necessarily practice." how do you take that i said it was in context of practice when i actually said the complete opposite

She countered Ditka's point about how great the Pats are and how they don't need to cheat with:

"Well, some would say that the filming of the practices earlier that...that DOES qualify as cheating, which is certainly something that is part of the Patriots' history".

The words don't do it justice. You have to see the video to understand how she was making an unsolicited counterpoint to Ditka's opinion - - interviewer became debator.

Of course, Ditka was too uninformed to swat that away.

At this point, Kraft should threaten ESPN with a defamation suit - - this episode in particular is an open and shut case.

I saw the interview and Ditka did swat at it. I'll paraphrase, ' but Hannah, everybody was watching everyone. I used to catch them looking over the fence....everyone did it.....it was part of the game'

yahhh...hello..i said "NOT necessarily practice." how do you take that i said it was in context of practice when i actually said the complete opposite
"Not a game not a game we talking about practice."

I saw the interview and Ditka did swat at it. I'll paraphrase, ' but Hannah, everybody was watching everyone. I used to catch them looking over the fence....everyone did it.....it was part of the game'

Mike Ditka
Jimmy Johnson
Bill Cowher

"Everybody does it"

Media and fans: But but but but Patriots...

Tweeted her to try to get her to set the record straight. Doubt she cares. More people should send her some tweets and give it a shot tho.

Mike Ditka
Jimmy Johnson
Bill Cowher

"Everybody does it"

Media and fans: But but but but Patriots...

Yes, but the Patriots DID NOT!

Tweeted her to try to get her to set the record straight. Doubt she cares. More people should send her some tweets and give it a shot tho.
I ripped her on Twitter too. What everyone has to understand is, she's reading a Telepromter, it's not like she knows enough about what went on with this back in 2007. The words were being fed to her. She's a puppet just like the rest of them.

No. You can't unless you have no concept of the English language.

I ripped her on Twitter too. What everyone has to understand is, she's reading a Telepromter, it's not like she knows enough about what went on with this back in 2007. The words were being fed to her. She's a puppet just like the rest of them.

Actually, if you watch the video, she is not reading from a teleprompter but she definitely is listening to someone in her ear. When she looks down she is trying to hear her producer who is very likely feeding her the lines.

ESPN said something that was FALSE!>!?!?!? there goes all my espn trust.

Wow, judging by your avatar you are taking it a bit too hard. Why don't you turn off the computer and get outside for a while?

Hannah Storm: " Some would say that the filming of the practices ah, earlier, that that does qualify as cheating, which is certainly something that is part of the patriots history."

that is the direct quote. one could easily believe she is saying that it is the cheating that is something that is part of the patriots history, not necessarily related to the filming of practices... patriots were fined and docked millions and draft picks for this...so overcome that

The Patriots were fined $1M and docked A draft pick for not following the letter that Goodell sent out regarding taping from the sidelines. That is not cheating. Saying so it BS on your part and a bold faced lie.. Especially since the league stated that the Patriots didn't cheat..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST