PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Spygate Re-visited

Status
Not open for further replies.
............ The discovery of this article is just another example of why Jonathan needs to be leading the Pats now.

Ken,

There never was any proof NEinsider was Johnathan or anyone that high up in the Pat's org. I remember the poster was very occasional on those ESPN boards and later some of the Insider "tidbits" turned out to be false. Especially wrong in player evaluations and such.

We need to release the videos of other teams taping us. Eff Goodell and his gag order.
I agree. At this point.....why not?

Every time he squeezes tighter other NFL teams slip through Goody's fingers.

When I first saw the thread title, I thought, "I don't have the emotional energy for this, too." Now I'm glad I read it.

I was fortunate to be in a small corporate group, at Gillette, hosted by the Pats, a few months after Spygate. Jonathan was one of the speakers/hosts. He talked about Spygate as basically an interpersonal problem between the team (BB in particular) and Goody; that BB interpreted a rule "just a little bit too much in his own favor" and then wouldn't back down from it when speaking privately with Goody, and Goody reacted emotionally with the big punishment. He was surprisingly forthcoming about it all. It could have been their official spin doctor mode, I suppose. But it was easy to see between the lines that Jonathan was making Goody out to be insecure and easily offended.

When I first saw the thread title, I thought, "I don't have the emotional energy for this, too." Now I'm glad I read it.

I was fortunate to be in a small corporate group, at Gillette, hosted by the Pats, a few months after Spygate. Jonathan was one of the speakers/hosts. He talked about Spygate as basically an interpersonal problem between the team (BB in particular) and Goody; that BB interpreted a rule "just a little bit too much in his own favor" and then wouldn't back down from it when speaking privately with Goody, and Goody reacted emotionally with the big punishment. He was surprisingly forthcoming about it all. It could have been their official spin doctor mode, I suppose. But it was easy to see between the lines that Jonathan was making Goody out to be insecure and easily offended.

This post makes a huge contribution towards understanding Goodell's character or lack of same, ESPECIALLY given the events of 2015.

I've heard this account from several muckety mucks from EMC. In another meeting w /Jonathan they said that he said that BB accussed Goody of trying to ram-rod a memo thru that required the competition committee's approval and imposing "martial law". He asked BB to apologize and he said that he would not. Goody went nuts and threatened to suspend BB. Bob stepped in, removed BB from the situation and " resolved" the matter.

Not sure if its true but makes sense.

Last edited:
We need to release the videos of other teams taping us. Eff Goodell and his gag order.

Didn't we give all the tapes to Goodell who then destroyed them? If we release tapes now, that tells everyone that we lied and had more tapes than what we told NFL and the public... not that our reputation could go down the ****ter much more.

We have some of the smartest people in the world living in patriots nation, I'm kind of surprised no one has hacked into Goodell's phone/texts yet.

Didn't we give all the tapes to Goodell who then destroyed them? If we release tapes now, that tells everyone that we lied and had more tapes than what we told NFL and the public... not that our reputation could go down the ****ter much more.

Who says that they have to come from the Pats? :cool: Leaks can come from anywhere.

It was the NFL saying that the tapes were destroyed. By not destroying them creates the narrative that the NFL has the goods on the Pats.

We have some of the smartest people in the world living in patriots nation, I'm kind of surprised no one has hacked into Goodell's phone/texts yet.

In another thread, I asked if anyone had a connection to WikiLeaks. Getting all of the NFL communications about all of this stuff out in the open air would be mahvelous.

Not that I'm actually suggesting anything illegal.

Doesn't Jay glazer still have tapes? Have him conveniently "lose" the tapes and get out into the open again.

Doesn't Jay glazer still have tapes? Have him conveniently "lose" the tapes and get out into the open again.

Doesn't Jay Glazer hate the pats? Doubt he would do anything that would help the pats.

I've heard this account from several muckety mucks from EMC. In another meeting w /Jonathan they said that he said that BB accussed Goody of trying to ram-rod a memo thru that required the competition committee's approval and imposing "martial law". He asked BB to apologize and he said that he would not. Goody went nuts and threatened to suspend BB. Bob stepped in, removed BB from the situation and " resolved" the matter.

At this point there is no level of arrogance, idiocy or doucheyness that could possibly make me think a story about Goodell was made up. I'm not kidding. He's totally out of control.

Well BB is not one to suffer fools gladly.

Well BB is not one to suffer fools gladly.

BB should have sued Goodell for defamation. Perhaps BB agreed to just pay a fine as long as he wasn't suspended and didn't file a defamation lawsuit. I could see BB doing that as it seems BB just wants to coach football and screw everything else.

purely for comedic value found this on twitter. please have a laugh.
James Leasure ‏@AnchorSewer 16m16 minutes ago
@suzan4styl Not popular these days. 1 thing he did is save football. Read my thoughts https://storify.com/AnchorSewer/kraft-may-owe-his-life-to-rodger-goodell

Thank you for the article - interesting. Here's my rebuttal: Instead of Goodell "saving" the NFL by destroying the tapes he could have just admitted that all teams video-tape and it is not against the rules.

Thank you for the article - interesting. Here's my rebuttal: Instead of Goodell "saving" the NFL by destroying the tapes he could have just admitted that all teams video-tape and it is not against the rules.
After this deflategate fiasco Iam quite sure they never looked at the tapes and analyzed what it contained if it really had stuff of any use. Like the matt walsh tapes which had SD cheerleaders. By destroying the tapes he only hurt the patriots contrary to what other think.

Last edited:
purely for comedic value found this on twitter. please have a laugh.
James Leasure ‏@AnchorSewer 16m16 minutes ago
@suzan4styl Not popular these days. 1 thing he did is save football. Read my thoughts https://storify.com/AnchorSewer/kraft-may-owe-his-life-to-rodger-goodell

That guy is nuts. A couple months ago, I replied to one of his comments on a Michael Hurley article (pointing out, non-insultingly, that the point he was making was wrong.) I got several long responses from him, even accusing me of being a moderator because some of his posts had been deleted. I decided not to engage him because he seemed unbalanced, but I did watch look in on the article for a little while after that. 10 days later, he was still posting comments on the article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3