PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Spygate Re-visited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any proof that the quote is actually from Jonathan Kraft?

Is there any proof that the quote is actually from Jonathan Kraft?

There is no "absolute" proof, but if you read the posts by some people in this thread that heard him speak live it does sound like Jonathan. Not to mention that after the release of Brady's appeal transcript many of the points seem much more plausible now regardless of whether written by Jonathan or not.

There is no "absolute" proof, but if you read the posts by some people in this thread that heard him speak live it does sound like Jonathan. Not to mention that after the release of Brady's appeal transcript many of the points seem much more plausible now regardless of whether written by Jonathan or not.

What I think none of us could have imagined is how far Fraudger and the Keystone Cops would go to try to influence the outcome of games on the field.

And yet, the Pats just keep rolling along.

Too funny.

• Agree
Reactions: eom

The only part that stands out in a somewhat questionable way to me would be Jonathan Kraft's use of the all caps "GOD" when describing Goodell. One may argue that it appears childish and over the top for a guy like Kraft, not to mention the unlikelihood of him posting on an ESPN message board.

Again, that's just my opinion. As you said, it really doesn't matter if it's Kraft or not, as the post and facts were very informative. Thank you for sharing it.

If the Pats and Jonathan knew about all of this why risk being exposed?? They were forbidden to talk about it..

Take it one step further imo the whole equipment violation was intended for BB and #12 and the Pats are collateral damage.. from Spygate the commish threatened if it happened again, BB would be gone forever. If you cannot unseat the Pats cut off its head..

Initially the NFL thought that BB was behind all of this, due to his penchant for attention to detail.. when they realized he never even paid attention to football pressure, they had to scramble.

As the investigation unfolded and it was learned that BB likes "crappy" footballs the NFL was caught with its proverbial pants down and they had to do something, so they went after the GOAT.. this would not get BB, but show how powerful and "fair" the commish really is..

Consider Kensil on the sidelines of the Pats/Indy game ranting and raving(also rumored he was foaming at the mouth) to the Pats equipment manager about how the "Pats were f.... ed".. they really thought they finally had BB...

If the Pats and Jonathan knew about all of this why risk being exposed?? They were forbidden to talk about it..

Take it one step further imo the whole equipment violation was intended for BB and #12 and the Pats are collateral damage.. from Spygate the commish threatened if it happened again, BB would be gone forever. If you cannot unseat the Pats cut off its head..

Initially the NFL thought that BB was behind all of this, due to his penchant for attention to detail.. when they realized he never even paid attention to football pressure, they had to scramble.

As the investigation unfolded and it was learned that BB likes "crappy" footballs the NFL was caught with its proverbial pants down and they had to do something, so they went after the GOAT.. this would not get BB, but show how powerful and "fair" the commish really is..

Consider Kensil on the sidelines of the Pats/Indy game ranting and raving(also rumored he was foaming at the mouth) to the Pats equipment manager about how the "Pats were f.... ed".. they really thought they finally had BB...

Depending on how you look at it, they indirectly got BB and twisted the knife by stating that Spygate attributed to the weight of the punishment.

Depending on how you look at it, they indirectly got BB and twisted the knife by stating that Spygate attributed to the weight of the punishment.

Spygate and Deflategate two very minor issues that got completely blown out of proportion by the NFL as payback for BB leaving the Jets and the Patriots doing as well as they have..

If Kraft had it to do over again, would probably have been more vehement about accepting the Spygate Penalty.. both situations call for no more than a minor fine.

Spygate and Deflategate two very minor issues that got completely blown out of proportion by the NFL as payback for BB leaving the Jets and the Patriots doing as well as they have..

If Kraft had it to do over again, would probably have been more vehement about accepting the Spygate Penalty.. both situations call for no more than a minor fine.
Yep.

It's been said before that Goodell is pretty reasonable if you kiss the ring and admit your sins.

If you challenge him....he digs in.

My theory is that if BB never demonstrated defiance and kissed the ring, it would have been a fine and maybe a low pick.

Same thing with this. If Brady just said, "yea I messed with the balls..." He'd be fined.

BB not so sure. They wanted him bad. No matter what..

I've heard this account from several muckety mucks from EMC. In another meeting w /Jonathan they said that he said that BB accussed Goody of trying to ram-rod a memo thru that required the competition committee's approval and imposing "martial law". He asked BB to apologize and he said that he would not. Goody went nuts and threatened to suspend BB. Bob stepped in, removed BB from the situation and " resolved" the matter.

Not sure if its true but makes sense.
A lot of very successful people don't "suffer fools" and I believe I would include BB in that category. He seems like he has neither the "time nor the inclination" to put up with stuffed shirts like Goodell who have neither played nor coached in this league when BB as an NFL lifer bleeds football...

This was originally posted on the ESPN forums back in 5/2008 and was taken down a few days later. Not sure if by ESPN or the OP.

I personally like this part "[...] and we still have video of other teams taping us.". After the appeals transcript release, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the reason Goodell destroyed the tapes was to prevent the public knowing that other teams also taped. Probably in his mind it's better to have everyone think only one team does this instead of thinking all teams "cheat".
I wonder if there isn't a duplicate copy of the other teams taping us somewhere....Even if not, leaking rumors that there are (or might be) to other owners of those teams (privately of course) ahead of the upcoming owners meeting this week might be a way to get other owners to keep an open mind on the Commissioners long term employment prospects....
That would also explain why Goodell destroyed the tapes not to protect the Patriots, but to protect the other teams who did the same thing...

Didn't Jay Glazer release the video of Estrella taping the cheerleaders after the 5/8/2008 post?

If true, very suspicious...

Didn't Jay Glazer release the video of Estrella taping the cheerleaders after the 5/8/2008 post?

If true, very suspicious...
It was matt walsh who came and testified after the superbowl who got the tapes showing cheerleaders.

It was matt walsh who came and testified after the superbowl who got the tapes showing cheerleaders.
Yes. Walsh said he was not the one who taped cheerleaders. My question was who did.

Not that it matters....just curious.

In my opinion, the release of Brady's appeal transcript and us now being able to see all the shady things the NFL/Goodell are doing behind closed doors gives much more credence to the following post which was rumored to have been written by Jonathan Kraft shortly after spygate (specifically points 2 and 5):
What is the context for this writeup? Can you provide a link to it please?

Plus, it's written in a way to try to make someone who isn't an insider to sound like one. Using first names, only, is suspicious, unless you're writing it for someone inside the Patriots organization. But, it's not written that way. I'm not buying it was written by anyone inside the Patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes