NEInsider's latest post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Since his posts always starts a hailstorm on this board, bombs away:

We were wrong and made a mistake. We as an organization failed and it will never happen again. Every NFL memo is now processed, analyzed, passed thru legal, and presented to both Bill, Scott., and all the coaches with the potential legal ramifications so EVERYONE knows what not to do.

That said here are the simple facts I know about Spygate and WalkthruGate:

1. We taped defensive signals and offensive formation signals and we still have video of other teams taping us. They are of little value since no team uses the same signals even from game to game, quarter to quarter, and sometimes from series to series. We do it to FORCE the opposition to stay on thier toes and change signals hoping they mix up signals and have a bad play that results in a big play for us. There are no offensive signals only formation signals which are useless and they were taped at the same time as offensive signals and WERE possibly even on the Spygate tape. Any claims are baseless on this.

2. As to those that wanted Bill to talk about it after it happened this is what happened. We were forbidden by the NFL and God, aka Goodell, from speaking about this in public to ANYONE. Bill was told to keep his mouth SHUT and to offer no comment before and AFTER the initial resolution by the NFL. If Bill had commented or held a press conference the fine and penalties would have been increased. This indicated to us we were guilty before any investigation and were the example Goodell wanted to show the NFLPA he wasn't biased towards players only. Quite pathetic if you ask me but again we were wrong and put ourselves into this position.

3. We did not want the tapes destroyed. We preferred they be released since they basically proved we did nothing since some of the tapes destroyed were processed tapes that prove there was little value to us other than aggravating the other team . Several showed coaches waving to our videographer, several other with obscene gestures, coaches laughing at us, and some hot cheerleader video for the enjoyment of those given the boring job of proecessing video that had zero intrinsic value.

4. Based on player involvement and packages sent onto the field we know instantly what the base defense is before we call the offensive signal. Tom then looks at the manner in which the opponent lines up and 75% of the time knows the exact defense being run and after the snap knows what is happening 99% of the time. If a team throws a new wrinkle it is cataloged and legally photgraphed from the Coaches Box and sent automatically down for analysis. Sometimes, think Giants in SB, it takes time to re-tool the offensive scheme for a great defensive game plan. By the end of the Superbowl we had the Giants defense figured out but in a tribute to the Giants DC that defense was a thing of beauty and the most difficult defense to decipher. It is sort of what we did to Rams in 2001 SB. Eventually they figured it out and thankfully for us in 2001 and unfortunately for us in 2007 SB it was too late. That defense will NEVER work against us again.

5. Goodell has serious issues within the NFL ownership. He has not made friends with his inability to keep his mouth shut before issues are resolved within the framework of the NFL structure. The Niners organization is livid at him for the sanction they received over free agent contact since they never initiated the contact and in this case everyone really does it.

6. The Kraft family was a Goodell supporter and will never openly criticize him but they are livid over the way Spygate was handled and the fact Goodell hung them out as "Cheaters" when he absolutely knew it never helped during a game and then on national TV aknowledged frivilous accusations like phone tampering etc. when he stated more punishment would be added if necessary instead of doing the right thing and stating such claims were baseless without proof since he knew we could never tamper with phones since we never knew what system or what frequency was availbale to us until game time. A little clue on this one. Not having Robert and Jonathon Kraft on your side makes job security an issue since they are the deal makers and the ownership most willing to compromise to help the smaller market teams. In other words they have lots of friends in the NFL ownership circle.

7. I just learned about this fiasco. We knew early on about Mr Walsh. Goodell should have headed this off but for whatever reason did not. Goodell let it come to what it is today since we were forbidden to talk about it again. We were assured by Goodell nothing would come of it since there was nothing he could have that could harm us. From day one Goodell knew there was no available power to video anything during a walkthru and that we had NO batterypacks when there to setup our cameras. The fiasco at the Superbowl is Goodell's fault and it did not cost us the win. The Giant defense won the game but it certainly made the experience at this Superbowl unpleasant. This was another strike with the kraft family in particular.

8. I now believe John Tomase was set up by either Spector, Comcast, or Walsh's lawyer or a combination thereof with that story and I actually think they were the source. In retrospect he probably should have known better since his sources had agendas but Tomase was always one of the most pleasant reporters around the team. It is sad but he could lose his position over this because certain unscrupulous politicians, lawyers, and companies had an agenda designed to embarrass the NFL and used him as a dupe. For Tamase's sake I hope he recorded those conversations and realizes his ultimate responsibility is to release those conversations, if he has them, let the truth come out, and possibly save his butt. At worst he should reveal who they were and let the chips fall where they should.

http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?sport=nfl&id=nwe&tid=2809575&lid=4

Wow some heavy stuff, and alot of it makes sense, except for Tomosse being set up by Spector, but you never know..

Also with that being said, the Pats are being set up .. This whole thing is a joke, and if anything else comes of this, it will be a sad day in the nfl..

Has anything this fellow has said been proven true or untrue? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have believed the authenticity of NEInsider since Day One and I continue to believe it.

Interesting that he notes the taping was more done as an annoyance to make sure other teams were forced to go through the process of changing their signals, but I'd think the fact Walsh has tapes that were edited after the fact to cut the signals to the actual defense that was run poke a pretty big hole in that defense ...

Interesting that he notes the taping was more done as an annoyance to make sure other teams were forced to go through the process of changing their signals, but I'd think the fact Walsh has tapes that were edited after the fact to cut the signals to the actual defense that was run poke a pretty big hole in that defense ...

Yeah, I was thinking that too.

Tom Casale and Paul Perillo talked a little about this on PFW in Progress last week.

Essentially, both of them don't know who this is, and while they won't rule out it being someone within the organization, they think it's probably someone on the outside. According to them, if the team knew about anyone posting like this from the stadium, they'd have the entire place searched from top to bottom and would know exactly who was posting. They even cited a time when an IT guy came into Erik Scalavino's cube one time within moments of Erik unknowingly downloading a suspicious file.

Casale also joked that if he was to get within a few feet of Belichick (although he has taken an elevator ride with him before), he'd probably be shot down.

That post contains everything you could sit in your living room and imagine as all the reason the Patriots did absolutely nothing wrong.
Doesn't mean it isnt accurate, just that it has absolutely no holes in it,and reality usually doesnt.

Tom Casale and Paul Perillo talked a little about this on PFW in Progress last week.

Essentially, both of them don't know who this is, and while they won't rule out it being someone within the organization, they think it's probably someone on the outside. According to them, if the team knew about anyone posting like this from the stadium, they'd have the entire place searched from top to bottom and would know exactly who was posting. They even cited a time when an IT guy came into Erik Scalavino's cube one time within moments of Erik unknowingly downloading a suspicious file.

Casale also joked that if he was to get within a few feet of Belichick (although he has taken an elevator ride with him before), he'd probably be shot down.

Yeah, I know people theorize that this is an orchestrated PR stunt by the Patriots, but I think if this guy is real and he is posting inside stuff Belichick would hit the roof. What purpose it serve for the Patriots really?

NEInsider is primarily preaching to the choir. It's not the people who read the slander piece from the NYT is reading his posts. And if they are, they think NEInsider is probably BS anyway.

This guy is clever, but he's a hoax. Ever notice he goes out of his way to call everyone by their first names, but never names anyone who the public isn't already very familiar with? None of his "details" will ever be provable or disprovable but some of them don't really make sense. How exactly could they "prove" to Goodell that they didn't have any battery packs on the day of the SB against the Rams? He never really goes out on a limb about anything, but basically rehashes all of the stuff we see posted on this forum. I mean seriously, if he's legit, he'd have to be pretty high up according to how he portrays himself. So you all think that a high up Pats staffer wastes his time writing ambiguous posts on ESPN messageboards that don't really reveal anything? Whoever this guy is he's having some fun pulling this thing off.

His credibility went right out the window when he said this:

NEInsider said:
...but Tomase was always one of the most pleasant reporters around the team. It is sad but he could lose his position over this because certain unscrupulous politicians, lawyers, and companies had an agenda designed to embarrass the NFL and used him as a dupe.

:rofl:

Tomase basically lost his access when the first piece he ever did on this beat was a scathing critique of Belichick's personality based on a rookie NFL reporters first ever observations of an NFL owners meeting and Bill's not attending the media breakfast. As I recall he even wanted him disciplined for that.

FWIW, Walsh didn't have a lawyer in February...and if Comcast or Spector (who probably didn't know of Walsh's existense or one of them would have outed him sooner...) were Tomase's sources, THAT would be a Pulitzer story and John would be shouting it from the rooftops. His source was either Walsh himself (and he is now lying to his lawyer and everyone else) or someone outside the media who had heard the story, or there was no source and Tomase just decided to go with a story he figured one of the media giants would break within a day if he didn't - and he saw then outing Walsh by name as a form of sufficient coroberation because he was rationalizing.

Um, I hate to bring this up but Casale has posted here and I believe he was tracked down because the mods tracked his IP address to Gillette Stadium.

Last edited:
His credibility went right out the window when he said this:

:rofl:

Tomase basically lost his access when the first piece he ever did on this beat was a scathing critique of Belichick's personality based on a rookie NFL reporters first ever observations of an NFL owners meeting and Bill's not attending the media breakfast. As I recall he even wanted him disciplined for that.

FWIW, Walsh didn't have a lawyer in February...and if Comcast or Spector (who probably didn't know of Walsh's existense or one of them would have outed him sooner...) were Tomase's sources, THAT would be a Pulitzer story and John would be shouting it from the rooftops. His source was either Walsh himself (and he is now lying to his lawyer and everyone else) or someone outside the media who had heard the story, or there was no source and Tomase just decided to go with a story he figured one of the media giants would break within a day if he didn't - and he saw then outing Walsh by name as a form of sufficient coroberation because he was rationalizing.

Actually, I think Michael Holley said that Walsh actually hired Levy back in December.

This guy is clever, but he's a hoax. Ever notice he goes out of his way to call everyone by their first names, but never names anyone who the public isn't already very familiar with? None of his "details" will ever be provable or disprovable but some of them don't really make sense. How exactly could they "prove" to Goodell that they didn't have any battery packs on the day of the SB against the Rams? He never really goes out on a limb about anything, but basically rehashes all of the stuff we see posted on this forum. I mean seriously, if he's legit, he'd have to be pretty high up according to how he portrays himself. So you all think that a high up Pats staffer wastes his time writing ambiguous posts on ESPN messageboards that don't really reveal anything? Whoever this guy is he's having some fun pulling this thing off.

Actually, I heard Michael Holley mention something about the Patriots not having their cameras leading up to that first Super Bowl and that the NFL was responsible for all the filming of the practices of both teams. He also said that Weis and Crennel did not go with the team to New Orleans. They stayed at Foxboro to break down film and game plan. They then joined the team later in the week. He said that they did it because there wasn't a lot of time to prepare. There wasn't the traditional 2 week time period because of 9/11.
I remember that. There was no football the weekend after that sad day.
Anyway, off the top of my head, that's what I remember hearing Holley say. He said it about a month ago on WEEI. I don't know if anyone else heard him say these things. But I do. It made me stop and think that there are a lot of details about that time that we don't know.

This NEInsider guy has been very active today.

Last edited:
Yeah, I know people theorize that this is an orchestrated PR stunt by the Patriots, but I think if this guy is real and he is posting inside stuff Belichick would hit the roof. What purpose it serve for the Patriots really?

NEInsider is primarily preaching to the choir. It's not the people who read the slander piece from the NYT is reading his posts. And if they are, they think NEInsider is probably BS anyway.

He does have enough cache to get Perillo, Casale and Felger talking about him. It's not like they are quoting my posts. Clearly he's at least writing something that sounds to their ears like it might have some basis in fact.

Who cares if he's real or not, it's interesting and entertaining to read and I enjoy it.

I'd like to believe if the Pats have tapes of other teams taping them we would have seen them by now or we will see them at some point in the not too distant future.

It again rings true for me, but that's the best anyone can say.

If indeed Tomase was set up I hope he sings... reporters need to protect their sources but when sources use the media to send out false information, they deserve to be outed... that's in the media's best interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes