Welcome to PatsFans.com

NEInsider's latest post

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Rob0729, May 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +799 / 5 / -3

Since his posts always starts a hailstorm on this board, bombs away:

http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?sport=nfl&id=nwe&tid=2809575&lid=4
  2. Sean Pa Patriot

Sean Pa Patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Wow some heavy stuff, and alot of it makes sense, except for Tomosse being set up by Spector, but you never know..
  3. Sean Pa Patriot

Sean Pa Patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Also with that being said, the Pats are being set up .. This whole thing is a joke, and if anything else comes of this, it will be a sad day in the nfl..
  4. YorkHarbor

YorkHarbor Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Has anything this fellow has said been proven true or untrue? :confused:
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2008
  5. PonyExpress

PonyExpress Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

I have believed the authenticity of NEInsider since Day One and I continue to believe it.
  6. tombonneau

tombonneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Interesting that he notes the taping was more done as an annoyance to make sure other teams were forced to go through the process of changing their signals, but I'd think the fact Walsh has tapes that were edited after the fact to cut the signals to the actual defense that was run poke a pretty big hole in that defense ...
  7. Rob0729

Ratings:
    +799 / 5 / -3

Yeah, I was thinking that too.
  8. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Tom Casale and Paul Perillo talked a little about this on PFW in Progress last week.

Essentially, both of them don't know who this is, and while they won't rule out it being someone within the organization, they think it's probably someone on the outside. According to them, if the team knew about anyone posting like this from the stadium, they'd have the entire place searched from top to bottom and would know exactly who was posting. They even cited a time when an IT guy came into Erik Scalavino's cube one time within moments of Erik unknowingly downloading a suspicious file.

Casale also joked that if he was to get within a few feet of Belichick (although he has taken an elevator ride with him before), he'd probably be shot down.
  9. RayClay

RayClay On the Roster

Ratings:
    +636 / 7 / -9

#75 Jersey

The stuff he read in reese's pieces and posted two hours later was true.
  10. AndyJohnson

AndyJohnson PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +545 / 20 / -14

That post contains everything you could sit in your living room and imagine as all the reason the Patriots did absolutely nothing wrong.
    Doesn't mean it isnt accurate, just that it has absolutely no holes in it,and reality usually doesnt.
  11. Rob0729

Ratings:
    +799 / 5 / -3

Yeah, I know people theorize that this is an orchestrated PR stunt by the Patriots, but I think if this guy is real and he is posting inside stuff Belichick would hit the roof. What purpose it serve for the Patriots really?

NEInsider is primarily preaching to the choir. It's not the people who read the slander piece from the NYT is reading his posts. And if they are, they think NEInsider is probably BS anyway.
  12. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

This guy is clever, but he's a hoax. Ever notice he goes out of his way to call everyone by their first names, but never names anyone who the public isn't already very familiar with? None of his "details" will ever be provable or disprovable but some of them don't really make sense. How exactly could they "prove" to Goodell that they didn't have any battery packs on the day of the SB against the Rams? He never really goes out on a limb about anything, but basically rehashes all of the stuff we see posted on this forum. I mean seriously, if he's legit, he'd have to be pretty high up according to how he portrays himself. So you all think that a high up Pats staffer wastes his time writing ambiguous posts on ESPN messageboards that don't really reveal anything? Whoever this guy is he's having some fun pulling this thing off.
  13. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

His credibility went right out the window when he said this:

:rofl:

Tomase basically lost his access when the first piece he ever did on this beat was a scathing critique of Belichick's personality based on a rookie NFL reporters first ever observations of an NFL owners meeting and Bill's not attending the media breakfast. As I recall he even wanted him disciplined for that.

FWIW, Walsh didn't have a lawyer in February...and if Comcast or Spector (who probably didn't know of Walsh's existense or one of them would have outed him sooner...) were Tomase's sources, THAT would be a Pulitzer story and John would be shouting it from the rooftops. His source was either Walsh himself (and he is now lying to his lawyer and everyone else) or someone outside the media who had heard the story, or there was no source and Tomase just decided to go with a story he figured one of the media giants would break within a day if he didn't - and he saw then outing Walsh by name as a form of sufficient coroberation because he was rationalizing.
  14. Hoodie

Hoodie Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Um, I hate to bring this up but Casale has posted here and I believe he was tracked down because the mods tracked his IP address to Gillette Stadium.
    Last edited: May 12, 2008
  15. Rob0729

Ratings:
    +799 / 5 / -3

Actually, I think Michael Holley said that Walsh actually hired Levy back in December.
  16. DefenseRules

DefenseRules Rookie

Ratings:
    +106 / 2 / -1

#12 Jersey

Actually, I heard Michael Holley mention something about the Patriots not having their cameras leading up to that first Super Bowl and that the NFL was responsible for all the filming of the practices of both teams. He also said that Weis and Crennel did not go with the team to New Orleans. They stayed at Foxboro to break down film and game plan. They then joined the team later in the week. He said that they did it because there wasn't a lot of time to prepare. There wasn't the traditional 2 week time period because of 9/11.
    I remember that. There was no football the weekend after that sad day.
    Anyway, off the top of my head, that's what I remember hearing Holley say. He said it about a month ago on WEEI. I don't know if anyone else heard him say these things. But I do. It made me stop and think that there are a lot of details about that time that we don't know.

This NEInsider guy has been very active today.
    Last edited: May 12, 2008
  17. Hoodie

Hoodie Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He does have enough cache to get Perillo, Casale and Felger talking about him. It's not like they are quoting my posts. Clearly he's at least writing something that sounds to their ears like it might have some basis in fact.
  18. Solaris

Solaris Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Who cares if he's real or not, it's interesting and entertaining to read and I enjoy it.
  19. JoePats

JoePats Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I'd like to believe if the Pats have tapes of other teams taping them we would have seen them by now or we will see them at some point in the not too distant future.
  20. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +59 / 2 / -0

It again rings true for me, but that's the best anyone can say.

If indeed Tomase was set up I hope he sings... reporters need to protect their sources but when sources use the media to send out false information, they deserve to be outed... that's in the media's best interest.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.