PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Guys lets be honest here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like my Moss jersey too

Why wouldn't they franchise him? A deal has to be worked out, it HAS to be. No way would they let that kind of player walk away for nothing, I don't care what they agreed on even if they did.

Trust me....a week from today,.....you heard it here FIRST ;).....they will announce that either A) they are in negotiations with Moss

If a week from now the Pats are "in negotiations with Moss" they will be far from the only team that will be saying that. That is the worst possible situation.

There is either an agreement that will result in a signing once league rules allow or he is hitting the open market and the Pats will be competing against other teams. That won't make his signing here anything close to a foregone conclusion.

How stupid do you think BB and Scott Pioli are? Everyone (including mediots) are SHOCKED that the Patriots did not use the Franchise tag on Randy Moss......How could they NOT DO that? Now you're giving Moss a chance to test the market!!! This makes no sense....they are going to let randy walk away after everything last year?? HOW CAN THEY DO THAT!!!!!

Relax.......Don't you think BB/Pioli/Moss have SOME KIND OF deal in place? If they did NOT....trust me, they would have slapped the tag on him and THEN negotiated.........

Trust me....a week from today,.....you heard it here FIRST ;).....they will announce that either A) they are in negotiations with Moss....or B) they have agreed upon a deal.......

In BB/Pioli I trust!

honesty................. is...... the........ best................................................................................... policy.

One, Moss has made it clear that he wants to play with Brady and vice versa.

Two, I think if Moss tests the market (IF), that he's going to discover that many teams are still wary of him. In effect, he is worth more to the Patriots than he is to other teams because we know that he wants to play with Brady.

Last edited:
Greetings,
I honestly think the Patriots are the ones with the advantage here not saying it is a huge one but one is there. If Moss had not been traded to NE and had the breakout season he had and finally had a competent QB to give him the ball his career would not have been revived. Had he been a malconent his NFL career might have been over. I am not suggesting they pay chump change for him because he is a top-flight receiver. They have to pay him let's be reasonable here. I think that both sides will work something out because they know with each other they will accomplish great things.
Shalom,
Celticboy04

speak softly and carry a huge baseball bat is the best policy....Patjew....FYI

well, this isnt the first thread on this topic, thats for sure. people are overlooking the conversation from 2 weeks ago. moss can only sign, or redo his contract, once a year. the league year begins on feb 29th. thats the day the pats will announce they have signed him. theyve probably already agreed to a deal, but cannot announce it till the 29th, per league rules.
dont ask me for a link. im too tired to go looking it up, but there's a thread from 2 weeks ago that covered all this:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back