PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Guys lets be honest here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

stcjones

Pro Bowl Player
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
How stupid do you think BB and Scott Pioli are? Everyone (including mediots) are SHOCKED that the Patriots did not use the Franchise tag on Randy Moss......How could they NOT DO that? Now you're giving Moss a chance to test the market!!! This makes no sense....they are going to let randy walk away after everything last year?? HOW CAN THEY DO THAT!!!!!

Relax.......Don't you think BB/Pioli/Moss have SOME KIND OF deal in place? If they did NOT....trust me, they would have slapped the tag on him and THEN negotiated.........

Trust me....a week from today,.....you heard it here FIRST ;).....they will announce that either A) they are in negotiations with Moss....or B) they have agreed upon a deal.......

In BB/Pioli I trust!

Re: Guys lets be honest here......

I think most reasonable people believe he will be back (most mediots are plain stupid). If he leaves, I'd be shocked.

I think you are of course right....I also think they might also be testing how committed Randy is to staying here. If he starts getting offers for big $$$ and he turns around and uses them to try and squeeze more money out of the Patriots then BB and Pioli will know where his interests lie.

I never wanted the franchise tag. I want to have this guy locked up for a good amount of time.

I too think they'll sign him long term...

Last edited:

How stupid do you think BB and Scott Pioli are? Everyone (including mediots) are SHOCKED that the Patriots did not use the Franchise tag on Randy Moss......How could they NOT DO that? Now you're giving Moss a chance to test the market!!! This makes no sense....they are going to let randy walk away after everything last year?? HOW CAN THEY DO THAT!!!!!

Relax.......Don't you think BB/Pioli/Moss have SOME KIND OF deal in place? If they did NOT....trust me, they would have slapped the tag on him and THEN negotiated.........

Trust me....a week from today,.....you heard it here FIRST ;).....they will announce that either A) they are in negotiations with Moss....or B) they have agreed upon a deal.......

In BB/Pioli I trust!

Moss played here for a low one year "prove it" salary.

Forcing him to stay here without a long term contract as a Tagged player would have had major negative long term consequences

I expect he'll be re-signed, but tagging him would likely prevent us from ever seeing another veteran sign here on a short term contract - as they'd know if they played well they'd be "rewarded" with a one year tagged contract.

No one would ever trust the Patriots in that situation again.

i expect they have a 3-4 year deal in place

In BB/Pioli I trust!

Smartest post all week.

In BB/Pioli I trust!

When is the last time they announced they were "in negotiations" with someone?

In BB/Pioli I trust!
You heard it here first? I don't THINK so ... you should really read some other threads before you post.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?p=807733#post807733

What kind of game this BB/Pioli are playing?

I see "FranchiseGate" coming...

How dare they have a gentle man's agreement with Moss. Is it not cheating? How long have they been doing this? Since 2000 I suppose?

We need a congressional investigations into their practices of Patriots not franchising and signing those players. Come on Specter! Where are you when we need you...

They've probably had the parameters of a long-term deal in place for quite some time....

I was thiking the same thing ...

Then again I do not think he is coming back .. but we'll see.

he'l be back your wrong bud..

It is possible that one of the preconditions for offering that initial massive di$count was a agreement by the Pats not franchise him upon his completion of his 1 year contract.

It would be the smart thing to do by Moss or his agent.

In BB/Pioli I trust!

Dude, are you talking to yourself?

Last edited:
Dude, are you talking to yourself?

sorry....I don't get your point Jacka.....did you predict this somewhere? (post?) All I see about Moss on here is doom and gloom....I'm telling you Jack....he will return to the Pats.......

Neither would shock me. Randy does what Randy wants to do. I wouldn't be surprised if he stays, but I wouldn't be surprised if he got paid either. I'll bet Green Bay makes a nice offer for him... they showed interest last year, and Moss would love to play with Favre.

I think you are of course right....I also think they might also be testing how committed Randy is to staying here. If he starts getting offers for big $$$ and he turns around and uses them to try and squeeze more money out of the Patriots then BB and Pioli will know where his interests lie.

That may be true but then he walks for no return compensation which would not be cool. If his interest lies for the money, and I hope not, whatever but we need return in equity here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Back