PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk On the Verge of another setback?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Gronk Suffers another setback

Borges never misses a chance to kick the Pats in the jewels. Guregian must have been desperate for someone to pay attention to her (not that she's bad but largely unnoticed) to add her name to this 'work.' The two of them ought to be ashamed for even publishing such if/maybe/maybe/maybe/if trash, but considering the paper they are employed by it's little surprise.

Think Gronk's agent Rosenhaus is most likely the source for Borgie

They should just put a damn teflon zipper on the thing or fit him with a bionic forearm. At least it wasn't his right arm.

You could have his next surgery done from your bathroom, the arm might still be infected, but at least it won't be infected by MRSA.

Problem is that surgery is preformed hundreds of times in a month within the same facilities, sick people with weak immune systems carry the bacteria in and after that it just hangs around until it can find it's way into someone else.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mass General was crawling with Bacteria.

The problem isn't the necessarily the Bacteria existing, its the ineffective methods used to properly sanitize rooms after they are used. Bacteria can simply hang out in the air or on the walls until it falls into someone's open wound.

I really don't understand why they have to put a new plate in ... it's been 4 months now that thing should be fully healed (the bone).

As a not-so-minor point, the primary reason for giving farm animals antibiotics isn't to prevent infections. They're primarily used to promote growth.

In industrial farms, many of the animals wouldn't live without the anitbiotics. According to PEW (a recent study), as much as 80% of US antibiotic supply is used in the factory farms.

Back to topic, this really is an over-the-top article based on nothing we didn't know a couple of months ago. Is there any hint anywhere that Gronk's infection remains? He sounded pretty convincing when he said the arm was feeling a lot better.

When I first read it, I thought they were saying that they thought the infection was back. If that were the case, Gronk's season would be in real jeopardy at the least.

Gronk Suffers another setback

Gronk will be fine. It's still early February. I wouldn't be worrying for a few more months. This dude is a animal (so might argue farm animal now lol) and he will be back. And wasn't the 2nd break because of the plate?

Gronk will be fine. It's still early February. I wouldn't be worrying for a few more months. This dude is a animal (so might argue farm animal now lol) and he will be back. And wasn't the 2nd break because of the plate?

This is April.

I dont know if you were being sarcastic (if you were you need practice) but its April 7th

If true, it is what it is. Next man up. Ballard will fill in fine. The team needs to shore up the WR position.

I'm not too worried until Gronkowski is either still out come August, or until a doctor can definitively say that there has been a major setback.

Depending on what reports you read, Gronkowski has NOT scheduled a surgery at this time. In any case, he would still need one to remove the plate in his forearm so he can continue his rehab. All this article is pointing out is that when the surgery occurs, if the doctors find that there are still signs of infection, they will have to continue anti-biotics until it is cleared, therefore delaying the procedure to remove his plate.

Nowhere in any report did it say that Gronkowski's infection HAS NOT cleared up and this will be his fate. The report is merely providing the "what ifs" and worst case scenarios. But even then, there is hope.

There is a lot of medical misinformation being spoken here. I have had major infections last year and this. If the 6 week treatment hasn't killed the infection, then the choices are to be on antibiotics for a much longer time or to go on an intervenous antibiotic (stronger). These daily injections can be performed in a hospital, a center that specialized in such treatment or by the team doctor. Some folks even have this done at home by a nurse or by a family member (I would NOT advise this option).

6 pages (currently) on a complete non-story, only goes to show how desperate we are for subject material to talk about. The fact that it's getting major play from the rest of the mediot outlets only further proves how needy they are for anything resembling a story.

Guys, outside of the interesting tidbits I've picked up on general medicine, animal husbanddry and infection control, this thread isn't worth our attention as football subject.

You could have his next surgery done from your bathroom, the arm might still be infected, but at least it won't be infected by MRSA.

Problem is that surgery is preformed hundreds of times in a month within the same facilities, sick people with weak immune systems carry the bacteria in and after that it just hangs around until it can find it's way into someone else.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mass General was crawling with Bacteria.

The problem isn't the necessarily the Bacteria existing, its the ineffective methods used to properly sanitize rooms after they are used. Bacteria can simply hang out in the air or on the walls until it falls into someone's open wound.

What you said is probably somewhat correct. But from what I've read it's
the germs(bacteria/viruses) that survive the sanitation efforts. These little guys may have had genetic variations that allowed them to survive.
Now these guys have babies and they have a better ability to survive sanitation efforts. Some of those do it better than others and their babies are even better at resisting sanitation efforts. This has been going on for years and now there are super bugs that are very difficult to destroy.
It happens in hospitals because of the intense sanitation efforts and new strains that are being brought into hospitals. Not saying every hospital has super bugs but if a super bug is to be found look for it in a hospital.
Law of evolution at work ... the better the adaptation the better the survival rate.

Best way to get a nasty, hard-to-treat infection these days is be in a hospital. Antibiotic resistance has gotten nasty. My father's final days were afflicted by MRSA (definitely resistant), my mother's by sepsis (less clear). My wife had MRSA for a while (not hospital-based) as well.

When my son was injured in Afghanistan, he developed an MRSA infection in his leg that sidelined his recovery for a couple extra weeks. We, he and the FAST team were more worried about that infection, and it's potential for harm, than the actual injuries he suffered from the IED.

They got it taken care of, but it is most certainly something to be concerned with, no matter how minor a procedure you might be having done.

6 pages (currently) on a complete non-story, only goes to show how desperate we are for subject material to talk about. The fact that it's getting major play from the rest of the mediot outlets only further proves how needy they are for anything resembling a story.

Guys, outside of the interesting tidbits I've picked up on general medicine, animal husbanddry and infection control, this thread isn't worth our attention as football subject.

Indeed. That and the question of accountability for the editor who created the seemingly fallacious headline and the reporters who tilted the story with such a negative tinge as to give readers the impression of a setback.

So, let me see if I have the tl;dr version right:

GRONK had an infection in his arm, which may or may not have healed, and may or may not require additional treatment, which may or may not put his availability to start the season in jeopardy.

Furthermore, GRONK may or may not be already married, may or may not be running for president in 2028, and may or may not be alive. :p

Yup, it's definitely time to build the bunker and hoard those canned goods, ammo and krugerrands...

tckLE.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore