PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk On the Verge of another setback?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Gronk Suffers another setback

So, let me see if I have the tl;dr version right:

GRONK had an infection in his arm, which may or may not have healed, and may or may not require additional treatment, which may or may not put his availability to start the season in jeopardy.

Furthermore, GRONK may or may not be already married, may or may not be running for president in 2028, and may or may not be alive. :p
NAILED it.

When my son was injured in Afghanistan, he developed an MRSA infection in his leg that sidelined his recovery for a couple extra weeks. We, he and the FAST team were more worried about that infection, and it's potential for harm, than the actual injuries he suffered from the IED.

They got it taken care of, but it is most certainly something to be concerned with, no matter how minor a procedure you might be having done.

Please thank your son for me and the sacrifices hes made so we can freely discuss the future of Gronk's arm.:rocker:

USA Today is now reporting that Gronk may not even need a fourth surgery:

New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski might require a fourth surgery on his previously broken forearm to help clear up an infection but a decision has not yet been made on that front, a person informed of Gronkowski's status told USA TODAY Sports on Sunday.

The person, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he wasn't authorized to speak about Gronkowski's recovery, said doctors are still discussing non-surgical options and are still a few weeks from determining whether Gronkowski's infection will clear after finishing a cycle of antibiotics.

But the person informed of Gronkowski's status told USA TODAY Sports there are no scheduled surgeries at this point, not even to install a new plate.

Infection could derail return of Pats' Rob Gronkowski

Bad news. Now he has to clothesline his brother in Las Vegas...

:bricks:

our current WR situation with the possibility of gronk missing TC and reg season...not good. Not how i wanted 1 of bradys 3 years to go at all...now our O is defiantly worse if he misses any time..by far

Man this kid has a lot of bad luck...pollard landing on ankle...broken forearm on PAT..re break on a weird landing and 2 infections

This still shouldn't be happening...i have a bad feeling as well

Patriots got the absolute worst luck.

Gronk Suffers another setback

I was listening to espn and they said the plate was already removed. At this point I don't trust anything people are saying unless rob, his agent or anyone in the pats organization says something. Or schefter.

It's always something with this guy... always something.

I'm with you here.....Seems like Gronk has had a black cloud hanging over his head since the high ankle sprain hit him just before the SB.....Sometimes guys that get an injury never get back on track and it is one thing after another. He just can NOT catch a break. Pats definitely need to step up to the plate and gets some help at WR (or another dynamic "receiving TE".......God bless ya Gronk....HEAL UP!!!!

Why do I have such a bad feeling about this?...

This forum needs to take 20,000 Prozac and call me in August. This team has about 90% of the pieces in place and many of the posters are acting like it is the jets.

I'm with you here.....Seems like Gronk has had a black cloud hanging over his head since the high ankle sprain hit him just before the SB.....

Once again they call this projection. The black cloud you see is actually hanging over your head.

Lmao-You do realize that surgery was scheduled from the start, right?

this one to remove the plate inserted in the arm in order to ensure an infection has been eradicated

it's due to the infection...

While the infection is seen as a setback, there are options that include not removing the plate that could be considered, the sources said.

yeah..they were always considering removing the plate..

Try to at least read the article first LOL

it's due to the infection...

yeah..they were always considering removing the plate..

Once again, none of this is news, simply hyperventilating by frantic patriot fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes