PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk On the Verge of another setback?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He probably needs to have this surgery within the next 4 weeks or he may end up on on the PUP list.

No problem if he goes on the PUP list to start TC the problem would be if he werent ready by the start of the season as you can come off the PUP during TC if stays on it week 1 you lose him until week 6 at least. Point being the window for him being on PUP might be 4 Weeks but he has another 4-5 weeks after that before he starts putting week one in jeopardy and even a few more before you would go have to go the PUP as you would likely tie up a roster spot if you though he would be back for any game prior to the PUP window.

He probably needs to have this surgery within the next 4 weeks or he may end up on on the PUP list.
21 weeks until the season starts.

10 week recovery (though I'm still not sure why the bone needs a plate at this point).

That leaves 11 weeks "spare". Not sure why you picked 4 weeks - other than randomly.

I love all the homers who disagree with the authors assessment, I also love when they kept on blathering 'we don't need a change in our offensive philosophy, we just need Gronk to be healthy in the playoffs', like that's going to happen. I'm betting many of the same people criticize Lloyd for going down so easily.

I love all the homers who disagree with the authors assessment, I also love when they kept on blathering 'we don't need a change in our offensive philosophy, we just need Gronk to be healthy in the playoffs', like that's going to happen. I'm betting many of the same people criticize Lloyd for going down so easily.
Maybe Gronk will never stay healthy, we'll see. But only a moron would think a healthy Gronk wouldn't make a HUGE difference in the playoffs.

Maybe Gronk will never stay healthy, we'll see. But only a moron would think a healthy Gronk wouldn't make a HUGE difference in the playoffs.

But as a moron I agree Gronk would make a huge difference.
So, so much for your logic.

more on this scintillating topic after a word from our sponsor....

"Feeling blue?...has life got you down?...then try MORON!...remember, 10 million morons can't be wrong...catch moron madness today!"

"Feeling blue?...has life got you down?...then try MORON!...remember, 10 million morons can't be wrong...catch moron madness today!"
Try New York Jets Nation

Re: Gronk Suffers another setback

Surprise Surprise massarotti thinks Gronk isn't doing everything he can to get better and that the infection is basically his fault.

I didn't read his article - but there does seem to be some question as to whether heavy drinking can affect the liver's ability to metabolize antibiotics.

Does alcohol affect antibiotics? - WebMD Answers

Moderate drinking? I think most doctors would say that'd be no problem.

But since we've seen situations in which Gronk has engaged in heavy drinking - possibly even problem drinking - I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that he should refrain from heavy alcohol use while recovering from infection-prone surgeries.

Given the recent CDC serious warning about a "nightmare" scenario of a new prevalence of antibiotic resistant infections (in which patients have had to choose between amputating a limb or being on dialysis for the rest of their lives) I know I personally would hope that Gronk would lay off the sauce a bit until he's fully healed.

Re: Gronk Suffers another setback

I didn't read his article - but there does seem to be some question as to whether heavy drinking can affect the liver's ability to metabolize antibiotics.

Does alcohol affect antibiotics? - WebMD Answers

Moderate drinking? I think most doctors would say that'd be no problem.

But since we've seen situations in which Gronk has engaged in heavy drinking - possibly even problem drinking - I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that he should refrain from heavy alcohol use while recovering from infection-prone surgeries.

Given the recent CDC serious warning about a "nightmare" scenario of a new prevalence of antibiotic resistant infections (in which patients have had to choose between amputating a limb or being on dialysis for the rest of their lives) I know I personally would hope that Gronk would lay off the sauce a bit until he's fully healed.

Probably sage advice but the skeptic in me wonders if this be true than why don't we read weekly accounts of Scottish and Irish athletes having limbs hacked off left and right?

I don't think anyone would doubt that a healthy Gronk would have made a huge difference but it's absurd to bank on him being healthy. We need an offense that, at the least, can beat a tough defense without him. If that's having Jake Ballard I'm fine with it, maybe we also need a receiver or two that can beat press coverage but we do need change.

I love all the homers who disagree with the authors assessment, I also love when they kept on blathering 'we don't need a change in our offensive philosophy, we just need Gronk to be healthy in the playoffs', like that's going to happen. I'm betting many of the same people criticize Lloyd for going down so easily.[/QUOTE/Honest to God, I think Al Quadea put something in the water supply with some of the people here. What the hell has spawned all of the hatred and vitriol for this team? And don't tell me it's a quest to be "objective", because that's pure BS. The self-proclaimed "objective non-homers" remind me of cult members. Anyone who attempts to comment favorably on the team is a ball-washing lemming. Well, my take is that the contrarian cult members bow at the altar of Ron Bogus, Michael Vulgar and Joe Carroll from the "Following." Grow the eff up...

Please do not mention obscenities like "The Following" here. I was jacked & pumped because of the cast, Kevin, Natalie.... Abysmal writing and plot.

Honest to God, I think Al Quadea put something in the water supply with some of the people here. What the hell has spawned all of the hatred and vitriol for this team? And don't tell me it's a quest to be "objective", because that's pure BS. The self-proclaimed "objective non-homers" remind me of cult members. Anyone who attempts to comment favorably on the team is a ball-washing lemming. Well, my take is that the contrarian cult members bow at the altar of Ron Bogus, Michael Vulgar and Joe Carroll from the "Following." Grow the eff up...

Ok, so if I criticize any aspect of the team it's cult hatred that cannot be objective:rolleyes:

What would have been funny about your post, if it wasn't so mind-numbingly stupid, is that you quoted the part where I DEFENDED Lloyd, you know, the guy who was on the team I apparently hate.

Gronk has NOT been healthy when we've needed him the most, that's an indisputable fact, I dare you to contest that. I also suggested improvements to the team, how can I hate the team and simultaneously want to improve it?

Try actually reading what people write in their posts instead of projecting all sorts of your own garbage into them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes