PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk needs an off-season chaperone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious how you can put the timeout on Brady when the coach is also able to call a timeout. So how can you possibly put all the blame on Brady? Both made mistakes, because neither called a timeout. That's a fact. The 'GOAT' coach should not make a rookie mistake.

Right. I'm sure you also defend Belichick timeoutgate in the AFCCS game with the Ravens also? Do i not understand the belichick or did belichick royally screw up the clock management? Come on, man. Belichick isn't unfaultable, he makes mistakes and the timeout was one of the biggest game management mistakes that not even a rookie coach would make. Having player sit in the booth, while the team sweats blood and fights, is a mistake. Just like the timeout.

LOL Brady never sat in the "box" if I recall correctly. You are a moron. Brady was the one in charge of the TO. I think you should voice your opinion to Belichick I'm sure he would be interested in it :D

Wait. So a player who cannot stand on the sidelines, because he is injured, can party and bodyslam people in a club two weeks later? Two weeks later? And you're worried about him getting injured on the sideline? I don't know how to respond to that.

That's a whole different topic entirely, and we were all showing our displeasure with that thought process before you decided to go into your disgust about injured players being in the booth (which happened once in the 2009 season and once again in the 2012 season).

Gronkowski has a carefree attitude which needs to be assessed and talked to from the organization. Luckily we don't have to deal with him breaking the law, only goofing around and horseplay. While that is not something that will make many of us happy, it is entirely different from the "problem players" that most teams have to deal with.

When you're already goofy and carefree, being 23 yrs old popular and rich probably doesn't help. Hopefully they can give him a call and tell him to try and think twice before wrestling or running up the escalator...it should be as simple as that.

I dont know what to tell you. If you think it's a good idea for a player to watch the game from the booth, i guess you agree with Bill. I don't. I think it's horrible judgement and make it seem as if a player is above the team. I guess we disagree in how it's perceived. If you're part of the team, you stay with the team. By the way, i also think it shows bad judgement on Welker, Brady and Gronk. The players should have refused to sit in the booth and asked to stand with the team.

Refusing the request to sit in the luxury box from the man who signs your paychecks is probably easier said than done. I don't blame the players myself, but you obviously feel differently.

Oy, Gronk. Nobody expects you to be a hermit in the offseason, but take it easy on that arm, will ya?

LOL Brady never sat in the "box" if I recall correctly. You are a moron. Brady was the one in charge of the TO. I think you should voice your opinion to Belichick I'm sure he would be interested in it :D

How is Brady at fault for the timeout when BOTH he and Belichick can call a timeout? BOTH made mistakes.

Did Bill see the clock? I hope so, otherwise mistake.
Does Bill know how long takes to run a play? I hope so, otherwise mistake.
Did bill do the math (time left - time to run a play)? Obviously not, because if he did, he would have called a timeout. Therefore, he made a mistake.

It's pretty simple guys.

I'm curious how you can put the timeout on Brady when the coach is also able to call a timeout. So how can you possibly put all the blame on Brady? Both made mistakes, because neither called a timeout. That's a fact. The 'GOAT' coach should not make a rookie mistake.

Seeing as how mistakes like that rarely happen and that Brady is in charge of that kind of thing, I don't think Belichick was all that worried about it to be honest with you. Their main concern was that they were able to get the FG attempt off before the half, or it would have been entirely different.

We're talking about one more shot at the EZ here, so the whole conversation is likely moot anyway.

If you see the need to blame Brady or Belichick (or both) then be my guest. This team practices time management very effectively, so it's not an issue moving forward. Sometimes mistakes are made by even the best. In this case I think Belichick was giving him the benefit of the doubt, but once the clock ran down another 5 seconds or so he had to step in and do it himself.

The pass defense that gave up 21 pts in the last 1/3 of the game is a much more important area of concern, as that is much more likely to happen again as opposed to Tom Brady or Bill Belichick repeating a freak mistake that involves time management. That really had no bearing on the game anyway. They still led 13-7 at the half, and that continued all the way until there were about 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.

If anything it shows Brady's responsibility by admitting to it freely, and Belichick's class by not throwing him under the bus. Sometimes mistakes happen, it's a part of life.

Stop responding to Sweft it's not that hard.

Oy, Gronk. Nobody expects you to be a hermit in the offseason, but take it easy on that arm, will ya?

I'd be interested in knowing whether or not this warrants a "reminder" call from Belichick or the team.

You never know, maybe this small act of poor judgment is a good thing as it could potentially cut out something bigger down the line.

That said, I really think that he needs to show better judgment moving forward. Even though he's young, energetic, and carefree etc, it's time to grow up a little and place the team itself before all else.

For the love of god, supafly...

:trolls:

I'd say this is one case where contractual inroads aside it sucks that he chose Rosenhaus as his agent. I think Drew encourages this behavior because he's getting a cut of the off the field antics, most of which seem to result from paid appearances. He's the one who pushes the dating games and reality show nonsense because it feathers his nest in more ways than one. Same bs he encouraged with TO and Ocho.

These guys are like small business entrepreneur's with a limited window of opportunity to launch their business and build it to the point it is self sustaining. He's about a quarter to a third of the way into that window already, which in the NFL seldom lasts for more than a decade and can slam shut in the flicker of an eye.

Have a feeling he's ADHD based on his own admission that he just can't sit still. Unfortunately most of his off season activity seems to involve alcohol and dancing and horsing around. Which may seem to some to be harmless, until it isn't.

have fun gronk....given its 2/4, people should shut the hell up about what gronk should be doing

Stop responding to Sweft it's not that hard.

I appreciate your concern, but I'm a big boy who is quite capable of managing my own affairs...

I'll respond to whatever I want to respond to.

If you don't wish to read the thread, there are plenty of others for you to check out.

have fun gronk....given its 2/4, people should shut the hell up about what gronk should be doing

Sure, that's the other side of the coin and you have a point.

The problem or concern is that we've seen this type of behavior before, specifically when it comes to being injured.

At some point the team needs to step in and make sure their new multi-million dollar investment is putting his employers above all else and not making the kind of mistakes that a middle school kid who is 14 would make.

Seeing as how mistakes like that rarely happen and that Brady is in charge of that kind of thing, I don't think Belichick was all that worried about it to be honest with you. Their main concern was that they were able to get the FG attempt off before the half, or it would have been entirely different.

We're talking about one more shot at the EZ here, so the whole conversation is likely moot anyway.

If you see the need to blame Brady or Belichick (or both) then be my guest. This team practices time management very effectively, so it's not an issue moving forward. Sometimes mistakes are made by even the best. In this case I think Belichick was giving him the benefit of the doubt, but once the clock ran down another 5 seconds or so he had to step in and do it himself.

The pass defense that gave up 21 pts in the last 1/3 of the game is a much more important area of concern, as that is much more likely to happen again as opposed to Tom Brady or Bill Belichick repeating a freak mistake that involves time management. That really had no bearing on the game anyway. They still led 13-7 at the half, and that continued all the way until there were about 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.

If anything it shows Brady's responsibility by admitting to it freely, and Belichick's class by not throwing him under the bus. Sometimes mistakes happen, it's a part of life.

I guess I'm far more concerned about clock management, since it potentially cost us 4 points and a lot of momentum. The Ravens must have been pumped going into the half without giving up a touchdown.

I can't blame D for the loss, like you apparently do, since the O only scored 13 points and 0 points in the second half. Brady also had a QBR of 62. When did the D have a time to rest? And you blame the D? There goes the horrible time management again with the lack of running plays.

The loss was on the coaches in that game, sorry buddy.

I'd be interested in knowing whether or not this warrants a "reminder" call from Belichick or the team.

You never know, maybe this small act of poor judgment is a good thing as it could potentially cut out something bigger down the line.

That said, I really think that he needs to show better judgment moving forward. Even though he's young, energetic, and carefree etc, it's time to grow up a little and place the team itself before all else.

We'll never know, but I cannot believe that someone on the coaching staff wasn't on the phone to Gronk suggesting that he knock it off. I doubt it would be BB making that call, however.

I agree. Can A fan watch him? lol

I appreciate your concern, but I'm a big boy who is quite capable of managing my own affairs...

I'll respond to whatever I want to respond to.

If you don't wish to read the thread, there are plenty of others for you to check out.

Okay...it's not about you. It's about the rest of us being subjected to this idiots blather and attempts to derail threads because you can't seem to help but take him seriously. You're not going to turn him into an informed fan. He's a troll. At some point a kindly mod will ban him for bringing nothing but insults and idiocy to every thread he enters. In the meantime it helps if folks just ignore them. Sometimes they just go away. Unless someone insists on engaging them.

For the love of god, supafly...

:trolls:

Thanks Mo, but sometimes it's compelling to see someone else's diluted thoughts and try to be patient and help them understand.

It's just my nature, I try to give people the benefit of the doubt.

If he really believes that it's Belichick's fault then I'd much rather spend 5-10 minutes getting him to possibly see differently.

Thanks Mo, but sometimes it's compelling to see someone else's diluted thoughts and try to be patient and help them understand.

It's just my nature, I try to give people the benefit of the doubt.

If he really believes that it's Belichick's fault then I'd much rather spend 5-10 minutes getting him to possibly see differently.

I honestly can't understand how you don't blame Belichick. In my mind, it's a fact that he's at fault, not an opinion. It can't be an opinion since he had authority to call timeout and he didn't. Therefore he made an error.

now...as far as a Gronk chaperone goes....I VOLUNTEER!!....wha?...why are you people looking at me like that?...I'll keep my eye on the big lug...it'll be hard keeping all that young female flesh from being pressed up against him but I sure will try my dyam best to get between him and temptation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back