PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk needs an off-season chaperone

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny, because there are always small ways to tell who does and doesn't really follow the Patriots. For example, anyone claiming that it's a travesty that Gronk watched the AFCCG from the owners box clearly doesn't understand how the Patriots operate, and probably wasn't even around in 2008, when Brady was absent from the sidelines for the entire season.

It's funny, because there are always small ways to tell who does and doesn't really follow the Patriots. For example, anyone claiming that it's a travesty that Gronk watched the AFCCG from the owners box clearly doesn't understand how the Patriots operate, and probably wasn't even around in 2008, when Brady was absent from the sidelines for the entire season.

That's why the patriots have won anything of significance since 2008, right. Right. I didn't like Brady sitting in the box, I didn't like Welker sitting in the box, and i didn't like Gronk sitting in the box. That prima donna attitude won't win you championships.

That's why the patriots have won anything of significance since 2008, right. Right. I didn't like Brady sitting in the box, I didn't like Welker sitting in the box, and i didn't like Gronk sitting in the box. That prima donna attitude won't win you championships.

It's not a prima donna attitude, it's a way for Bill to tell his players - there's no one else. You're the man, forget about Gronk. YOU have to produce now.

WOW. How are you going to stand the whole game with a knee injury? I don't care who it happed with, it shouldn't happen at all. A forearm injury doesn't prevent you from standing, an ACL does. I still don't like it. They think they're above the team, and it shows in how the team performs.

Wow, that might make sense. Why wasn't Gronk watching the game with the team and not Kraft. Who let him get away with that? That sort of thing shouldn't even be up for discussion. If you're part of the team, why aren't you on the sideline with the team? Seriously, it seems seems he's buddy buddy with Kraft and not his teammates? Bill should know better.

It's Patriot/Belichick policy that the players who are significantly injured in those situations stay home on gameday altogether.

I don't think we're in any position to question the policies of one of the greatest coaches of all time.

He may very well feel that it's an unnecessary hardship as far as the injury situation to go through all of the trouble of coming to the games, as opposed to healing and resting.

You have no idea about the Patriots or Belichick, get off this board you clown. I heard there's a team that just won the Super Bowl that has its players stand on the sideline as religious leaders while they recover from 6 month injuries in 2 months, they need some guys like you.

Right. I'm sure you also defend Belichick timeoutgate in the AFCCS game with the Ravens also? Do i not understand the belichick or did belichick royally screw up the clock management? Come on, man. Belichick isn't unfaultable, he makes mistakes and the timeout was one of the biggest game management mistakes that not even a rookie coach would make. Having player sit in the booth, while the team sweats blood and fights, is a mistake. Just like the timeout.

if you listen to his interviews..you can tell he isn't a very smart guy...but he's a little kid in a guys body..and is a beast at his position...what can ya do

It's Patriot/Belichick policy that the players who are significantly injured in those situations stay home on gameday altogether.

I don't think we're in any position to question the policies of one of the greatest coaches of all time.

He may very well feel that it's an unnecessary hardship as far as the injury situation to go through all of the trouble of coming to the games, as opposed to healing and resting.

Wow. Does the GOAT coach fumble the timeout at the end of the second quarter of the AFCCS? So, therefore we cannot question Bill? Let him make mistake after mistake. That's never right.

Wow. Does the GOAT coach fumble the timeout at the end of the second quarter of the AFCCS? So, therefore we cannot question Bill? Let him make mistake after mistake. That's never right.

That was Bradys fault...he even admitted it :bricks:

I don't expect a guy with a knee injury to stand for 3 hours. If i was coach, i would make Welker stand. I don't care. The booth isn't for players. Let the higher ups sit in the booth. Players belong to the team. If they can't stand, let them sit on the sidelines. Bill has been making some questionable decisons lately, especially the timeout at the end of the 2nd quarter.

You won't win championships where players aren't part of the team. Period.

I think you may be misunderstanding the entire premise of Belichick's philosophy, and that is why you are upset.

It isn't about disrespect, and it isn't about "not being a part of the team."

It's simply about resting and healing your body and injury, and there really is no particular reason to physically have to come to the game knowing that you aren't going to play. There is no possible way that anyone in that situation can contribute to the team on any level, so Belichick feels that the best way to handle things is to properly rest and heal so that you can come back asap and help the team on the field. They don't need leadership from someone standing on the sidelines, that's not how they work.

That's always been his philosophy, and I would imagine that there are certainly other teams who do the same.

As far as sitting in Kraft's booth, that is usually just done for the higher profile team leaders in certain big game settings. It's not like Gronk was sitting up there the whole time he was out. He actually commented quite a few times about having to watch from his couch at home.

We're being trolled WAY off topic here. Just have fun with it.

It's not a prima donna attitude, it's a way for Bill to tell his players - there's no one else. You're the man, forget about Gronk. YOU have to produce now.

That's nice. I'm sure it's a boost to player morale to look up at the screen and see Gronk cheering from the owner's booth as they knocked out by Suggs and Reed.

where did all these trolls come from all of a sudden?

I think you may be misunderstanding the entire premise of Belichick's philosophy, and that is why you are upset.

It isn't about disrespect, and it isn't about "not being a part of the team."

It's simply about resting and healing your body and injury, and there really is no particular reason to physically have to come to the game knowing that you aren't going to play. There is no possible way that anyone in that situation can contribute to the team on any level, so Belichick feels that the best way to handle things is to properly rest and heal so that you can come back asap and help the team on the field. They don't need leadership from someone standing on the sidelines, that's not how they work.

That's always been his philosophy, and I would imagine that there are certainly other teams who do the same.

As far as sitting in Kraft's booth, that is usually just done for the higher profile team leaders in certain big game settings. It's not like Gronk was sitting up there the whole time he was out. He actually commented quite a few times about having to watch from his couch at home.

What?

A player that has fought side by side with you every game cannot contribute to the game even if he's injured? You're joking.

A player cannot hurt team morale when they see him sitting in the boith like a prima donna? You're joking.

Obviously Bill thought this through, thoroughly. Just like AFCCS timeout. Was that a mistake? Yes or no.

It's a free country, so we're all free to question anything we like.

I respect your ability to do just that, and I've questioned Belichick's decisions quite a few times over the years myself. Everyone makes some mistakes some of the times, and Brady's choice to try and run another play ended up being a costly mistake.

I am saying that he certainly is one of the greatest of all time. How many coaches have taken their team to 5 SB's in 11-12 yrs? Or won 14/16 games during the regular season as many times as he has?

His philosophies aren't going to change, as they rarely ever do.

I have no problem with significantly injured players not needing to come to the games on Sunday if they already know they can't help the team. On the contrary, they could even potentially hurt their recovery if something else happened, and that's likely one of the reasons he doesn't feel the need to take the chance.

That's nice. I'm sure it's a boost to player morale to look up at the screen and see Gronk cheering from the owner's booth as they knocked out by Suggs and Reed.

Why would it be any more or less of a morale boost to have him in clothes on the sideline?

Does Gronk look like he has any wisdom to peddle to his backups?

What?

A player that has fought side by side with you every game cannot contribute to the game even if he's injured? You're joking.

A player cannot hurt team morale when they see him sitting in the boith like a prima donna? You're joking.

Obviously Bill thought this through, thoroughly. Just like AFCCS timeout. Was that a mistake? Yes or no.

Like I've told you several times, the only time anyone sits in the booth is when they are out for the year, are a significantly high profile player, and it is a big game setting like the playoff examples that we've seen.

Otherwise they stay home and rest, which is their best way to help the team so that they can come back and contribute on the field.

This team has plenty of motivation and professionalism by itself. They don't need to find inspiration from any injured player who's forced to stand on crutches or sit huddled on the bench, even if that player is Tom Brady.

That's just the way it is. You can question it all you want.

As far as the timeout at the end of the 2nd quarter, that was all on Brady and was his mistake for trying to get another play off. It happens, and he took full responsibility for it. Luckily it doesn't happen too often.

It's a free country, so we're all free to question anything we like.

I respect your ability to do just that, and I've questioned Belichick's decisions quite a few times over the years myself. Everyone makes some mistakes some of the times, and Brady's choice to try and run another play ended up being a costly mistake.

I am saying that he certainly is one of the greatest of all time. How many coaches have taken their team to 5 SB's in 11-12 yrs? Or won 14/16 games during the regular season as many times as he has?

His philosophies aren't going to change, as they rarely ever do.

I have no problem with significantly injured players not needing to come to the games on Sunday if they already know they can't help the team. On the contrary, they could even potentially hurt their recovery if something else happened, and that's likely one of the reasons he doesn't feel the need to take the chance.

I dont know what to tell you. If you think it's a good idea for a player to watch the game from the booth, i guess you agree with Bill. I don't. I think it's horrible judgement and make it seem as if a player is above the team. I guess we disagree in how it's perceived. If you're part of the team, you stay with the team. By the way, i also think it shows bad judgement on Welker, Brady and Gronk. The players should have refused to sit in the booth and asked to stand with the team.

Like I've told you several times, the only time anyone sits in the booth is when they are out for the year, are a significantly high profile player, and it is a big game setting like the playoff examples that we've seen.

Otherwise they stay home and rest, which is their best way to help the team so that they can come back and contribute on the field.

This team has plenty of motivation and professionalism by itself. They don't need to find inspiration from any injured player who's forced to stand on crutches or sit huddled on the bench, even if that player is Tom Brady.

That's just the way it is. You can question it all you want.

As far as the timeout at the end of the 2nd quarter, that was all on Brady and was his mistake for trying to get another play off. It happens, and he took full responsibility for it. Luckily it doesn't happen too often.

Wait. So a player who cannot stand on the sidelines, because he is injured, can party and bodyslam people in a club two weeks later? Two weeks later? And you're worried about him getting injured on the sideline? I don't know how to respond to that.

I think this statement pretty much solidifies the thought that you are indeed a troll from another team's fanbase, which I always try and give the benefit of the doubt to before coming to that conclusion.

I answered your questions respectfully and tried to act polite towards you.

Let's remember that Brady was 5-1 vs Baltimore coming into this season, so the Ravens (likely your team I assume) beat them once in 9 yrs...

The Ravens played very tough a couple of weeks ago and deserved to beat NE, although the injuries to Gronk, Jones, and Talib changed the entire complexity of the gameplan, no one can use that as an excuse.

The better team won that day, but let's not make it out like "Suggs and Reed knock them out" all the time either.. They haven't sniffed 1/2 the success that these guys have. They turned it on late in the season and proved that they deserved to be there by beating all of DEN, NE, and SF in 3 consecutive games which is quite an accomplishment.

Prior to that AFCCG the Pats were 5-0 alltime at home in those types of settings, so I doubt that Gronk being in the booth was anyone's concern.

dont fall for the trollin' going on here gents....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News