PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk ESPn "body" cover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor Gronk. His party is over.

From SMY, who is doing Bedard's Sunday notes while he's on vacation.

FINALLY. I've grown tired of this, and some large portion of this should have been spent studying film. I can't imagine the Coach seeing it any other way.

FINALLY. I've grown tired of this, and some large portion of this should have been spent studying film. I can't imagine the Coach seeing it any other way.

He's an exuberant guy. How do any of us know how much film study he's done? Plenty of hours in each off season week to study, work out and then party some nights. Relax and prepare yourself for the grind to come. This reminds me of those who see a picture of Tommy Boy with one of his kids and laments that he's not at Gillette working out or watching film. Even BB chills on his boat in Nantucket.

Gronk could look at all the film in the world, teams won't play him the same this year. If he has a disappointing year this year and does the same next off season, then I think he leaves himself open to criticism. Now he is a 23 YO with 5 mill in his pocket

He's an exuberant guy. How do any of us know how much film study he's done? Plenty of hours in each off season week to study, work out and then party some nights. Relax and prepare yourself for the grind to come. This reminds me of those who see a picture of Tommy Boy with one of his kids and laments that he's not at Gillette working out or watching film. Even BB chills on his boat in Nantucket.

If that's all there is to it, then fine. But I've interpreted it as an agent-planned PR campaign to position him as a national celebrity, with endorsements the target. I don't think this is all as innocent as that. It may be set up to make us think that it is, but I'm not buying it.

If that's all there is to it, then fine. But I've interpreted it as an agent-planned PR campaign to position him as a national celebrity, with endorsements the target. I don't think this is all as innocent as that. It may be set up to make us think that it is, but I'm not buying it.

If that's the case, what's wrong with an individual leveraging themselves so as to increase their income stream? I know it's trendy to disparage capitalism especially in MA, but that's all he'd be doing.

As long as he isn't distracted from his preperation which enables him to produce on the field at a high level, the team wins and he does nothing to tarnish the Patriots brand, I have no problem with what Gronk is doing.

Face it folks, this team can get a bit uptight sometimes...

Some of you are reading way too much into this. Gronk is a young guy who just got a big pay day and is quickly becoming one of the premiere faces of the league. He enjoyed his offseason (as did BB who hung out with him at a few C's games) and now the team, like a teacher taking the podium on the first day of school after summer break, is telling him to forget that and get focused on the season to come, which I'm sure Gronk will.

Wow, Jets Insiders can barely contain themselves of this. I think they feel it means their team doesn't suck or something. Notice too how many people they banned for not piling on.

Pats tell moron Gronk to Put his Clothes On - Jets Insider.com Forums

The jest fans enjoy anything that brings the Pats down, because their own team has not given them any reason to believe that they will step up anywhere near the Pats level.

Then again, every time one of their players screws up or seems to cause "an issue" I enjoy it as well despite their level of suckitude. But that's a whole other thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft