PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

For those who went to the game..you were horrible

I am going to shove my pink hat up everyone's ass.

This whole "pink hat wine-and-cheese crowd" characterization/accusation that people like to parrot around here is nonsense. The corporate club red-seat situation is an unfortunate anomaly that in no way typifies the entire stadium vibe. I wish people would just lay off of it.

Just got home. A win is a win in my eyes. So sick of all this *****ing...this isn't the 2007 pats people...

On topic:

Once it started to pour..people started to hit the exits in the 3rd...in the 4th it was an exodus to the gates with my section in the 200s 1/3 empty at start of 4th. it's rain...get over it. Horrible job by they fans..no intensity once the rain hit. I stayed until 0:00 BTW

You are a 100% wrong.. Most people don't want to get wet when they have a 9-5 job they have to go to the following day.. Fans migrated to cover and watched the game on the tv next to the food/bathrooms.. Place was still packed..

Why do I feel like the OP is still sleeping it off while I've already gotten 3 kids off to school, worked 6 hours, and got half drunk? After paying more than $100 last night for a babysitter to watch my little bastards, um darlings.

It's easier for some people to be better fans. The rest of us try our best.

I left at 10:30. I got home at 12:30. I'm sorry, I'm not going to sit in the pouring rain with a lightning storm nearby to get home at 2 AM when I need to wake up at 6 AM to get my kids ready for school and head to work.

I go to games to support the team and have fun, not to get drenched and miserable while pulling an all-nighter. As it was my feet are stained black from the dye on my socks leaking. My pants are still soaked. My hair is out of control today!

Snow, cold, late (dry) nights - no problem, I'm there till the end. Rain storms during super slow late games - NFW. If anyone wants to beat their chest thinking that they're a better fan than me for staying 90 minutes later than I did, go **** yourself. Take a walk in my shoes for a week and see what you'd do.

And many others can say the same.

One can sympathize with having to get up early to get your kids ready for school and for work.

Not gonna criticize you for it but I am going to piss you off. I stayed watched the whole game and got home at 12:30 :D. But I live in Walpole and my father in Foxboro with access road passes.

The way I look at it is we get so few of these every year that I will suck it up no matter what the conditions or how I will feel the next day. Haven't missed since at least 2000 but honestly cant remember the last one I missed. Haven't missed a single one in Gillette and was there for every game in the last season of Foxboro stadium prior to that it is tough to keep score. I Fractured my ankle in the Patriots Experience prior to a game once in 98 or 99 which very well could be the last one I missed.

But its much easier for me as I dont have any Kids and I was in college for a large portion of it (til 06) and the Job I have is M-F 9:30-6 so I can stay up pretty late and still get enough sleep. And to make it even easier the last few years I began working from home.

I normally like your stuff here PWP, but this really is stupid, tired, and not at all characteristic of the vibe at Gillette. You should know better.

Amazing assessment from Florida. I wish I had your powers of extrasensory perception.

You don't need a sixth sense to see the crowd sucked last night. But it's really, really cool that you were standing up and being loud the entire game while the rest of the audience looked completely disinterested (including that clown with the fat girlfriend that painted his face) anytime the cameras panned in on them. In all, you must be very proud of yourself. The people around you were probably annoyed that you would do such a daring thing like cheer on your team.

for crying out loud, fans pay to be entertained

they don't have a "role" in the game on the field other than being the economic engine that drives the league

they fulfilled their "role" by buying the ticket, their overpriced dog and their $9 beer

the "you aren't a real fan unless you stand up and scream, and have been doing it since '73" is tired

David+Putty.jpg

You don't need a sixth sense to see the crowd sucked last night. But it's really, really cool that you were standing up and being loud the entire game while the rest of the audience looked completely disinterested (including that clown with the fat girlfriend that painted his face) anytime the cameras panned in on them. In all, you must be very proud of yourself. The people around you were probably annoyed that you would do such a daring thing like cheer on your team.

Your amazing powers of perception via television continue to confound. But I will take this opportunity to say something to you I never have said to anyone in my 20 years of attending Pats games: sit down, and shut up.

Audience?

for crying out loud, fans pay to be entertained

they don't have a "role" in the game on the field other than being the economic engine that drives the league

they fulfilled their "role" by buying the ticket, their overpriced dog and their $9 beer

the "you aren't a real fan unless you stand up and scream, and have been doing it since '73" is tired

David+Putty.jpg

That's a crock. Fans absolutely do have a role in the game. That's why Seattle is one of the hardest places to play. For whatever reason (acoustics or the lack of pink hat fairies in the crowd), they're the loudest stadium in the NFL. A crowd being loud for their defense on the field makes it harder for the opposing quarterback to bark out his cadence to his OL and receivers and audible at the LOS. I thought that was a pretty well known fact, but I guess not.

One can sympathize with having to get up early to get your kids ready for school and for work.

Not gonna criticize you for it but I am going to piss you off. I stayed watched the whole game and got home at 12:30 :D. But I live in Walpole and my father in Foxboro with access road passes.

The way I look at it is we get so few of these every year that I will suck it up no matter what the conditions or how I will feel the next day. Haven't missed since at least 2000 but honestly cant remember the last one I missed. Haven't missed a single one in Gillette and was there for every game in the last season of Foxboro stadium prior to that it is tough to keep score. I Fractured my ankle in the Patriots Experience prior to a game once in 98 or 99 which very well could be the last one I missed.

But its much easier for me as I dont have any Kids and I was in college for a large portion of it (til 06) and the Job I have is M-F 9:30-6 so I can stay up pretty late and still get enough sleep. And to make it even easier the last few years I began working from home.
I'm not pissed off at all about that! You're a great fan. You may remember (why would you?) that when I lived in Asia for 5 years I came back for a couple games every year plus every playoff game. I never gave up my season tickets even when living in Hong Kong and Suzhou and Shenzhen, 16,000 mile round trips for a 4 hour game. Nor did when my family life took some drastic turns. And whatever, it's no big ******* deal. I just hate this holier-than-thou thing that is permeating throughout the ranks of fans. Tunescribe has summed it up well.

To each her/his own. I've been to many many games with metal bleachers and typically once a year for the last 7-8 years (I live in NYC or I'd be there more). And have watched almost all the reat on TV. Again... it not only sounded quiet but I'm sure those of you that watch the replay will notice if you're honest the crowd sitting on their hands (you can see it) on big plays early. It's not @ whine and cheese. I don't know what it is b/c the Sox/Celts/B's have all had their share of success a d crowds get up for big games (way more than 8 a season). I'm sure there are many that disprove this but not the majority.

I'm not pissed off at all about that! You're a great fan. You may remember (why would you?) that when I lived in Asia for 5 years I came back for a couple games every year plus every playoff game. I never gave up my season tickets even when living in Hong Kong and Suzhou and Shenzhen, 16,000 mile round trips for a 4 hour game. Nor did when my family life took some drastic turns. And whatever, it's no big ******* deal. I just hate this holier-than-thou thing that is permeating throughout the ranks of fans. Tunescribe has summed it up well.

I most certainly do remember your commutes from China for games which is why I would never criticize you and the only part I thought would piss you off was my getting home the exact same time despite not missing anything. Everything else was just me being long winded as usual.

He means that fans have no RESPONSIBILITY to make noise. You dimwit

And your premise that loud noises can screw up a QB is questionable

They have no moral responsibility, no. But when you pay that much for a ticket and parking, you would think that you may want to do something to influence the team. And my premise isn't questionable unless you want to try to prove to me that thousands of people screaming at the top of their lungs doesn't impact a person's hearing. Good luck with that, champ. :eat1:

I think she's cool. I'm not kidding. She's a big girl and she's making it work for herself without embarrassment.

I know I'm being mean, cold hearted, callous,spiteful and, some would say and probably be right, hateful. I try and try, really, I do...but the one flaw in my character I have no control over, the one facet of my personality that I cannot seem to improve is my overwhelming enmity for this rotten scumbag filled team and their disgusting, reprehensible insult to the human race head coach.

I'm sure she's a nice person. Her brother is a scumbag.

spoken like a true pink hat. want to know why the fans are SUPPOSED to be yelling while the Pats are on Defense noob? 12th man...look it up fool.

LOL, s/he has more posts that you...

I know I'm being mean, cold hearted, callous,spiteful and, some would say and probably be right, hateful. I try and try, really, I do...but the one flaw in my character I have no control over, the one facet of my personality that I cannot seem to improve is my overwhelming enmity for this rotten scumbag filled team and their disgusting, reprehensible insult to the human race head coach.

I'm sure she's a nice person. Her brother is a scumbag.

Okay - I'll bite. Who is she? I thought she was that Mama June character...Is she Rex Ryan's sister?

BTW, I've sat in and through much worse over the course of my Patriot fanship. That is because...I'm CRAZY. I begrudge no one leaving a game played in conditions like last night. We all run down our own personal grim reaper in the end.Mine will probably come calling following a game like this, either from pneumonia due to exposure, or heart attack in the nursing home due to raging in game apoplexy.

They have no moral responsibility, no. But when you pay that much for a ticket and parking, you would think that you may want to do something to influence the team. And my premise isn't questionable unless you want to try to prove to me that thousands of people screaming at the top of their lungs doesn't impact a person's hearing. Good luck with that, champ. :eat1:

the effect of crowd noise is vastly overblown.....back when indy used to pump in extra noise, it made a difference....seattle, for some reason, the crowd noise seems louder, and does appear to have some effect......but somehow i think the part where seattle actually has a solid defense seems to come into play much more

i don't go to Foxoboro these days, despite being able to get tickets more or less at will.....too long a ride for a game that is better watched on TV.....i get the whole experience aspect, but i'd rather be able to watch the game

we take our daughters to a few Sox games every year; I spend more of the game sitting and talking baseball with my kids more than anything - we stand up and cheer when the game calls for it, but i don't need a drunken lout with misguided notions that he's part of the game screaming in my ear all game, nor do i need the same person judging our "fandom" and screaming at us to 'get up' or 'yell' - we've had both happen

crowd noise can help or hurt......but its overall effect is way, way overblown

i've never played in front of crowds even approaching those levels.....but i did play in front of 10,000.....i've played and coached in crowded gyms and stadiums....and i can't recall ever even noticing anyone in the stands that wasn't my parents save for a cute girl or two along the way...

too many fans wan't to be 'part' of something and somehow think their behavior puts them in the game.....

Okay - I'll bite. Who is she? I thought she was that Mama June character...Is she Rex Ryan's sister?

no, it's Mangold's sister who is an olympic weightlifter.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back