PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

For those who went to the game..you were horrible

let's all admit it. our fans are not great. we are too spoiled. we are not as loud as other teams. we have too many know-it-all fans.

That is friggin pitifull. Way too many casual pink hat type fans. Back in the day after a dogfight divisional victory fans wouldn't leave the stadium until forced by security. Unfortunately many of those fans have been 'priced out'

Not only priced but pushed out. After having seasons tix for 15 years (admittedly my family's tix when I was a kid and teen) we kept our seats in the "new" stadium for one year. We went from great lower-upper deck mid field which had a great view to almost our backs against the wall at Gillette. Not a big fan of the new stadium other than the amenities. I AM a big fan of this team. Love a 13-10 win. Hope for many more defensive battle victories while the O takes shape.

I think she's cool. I'm not kidding. She's a big girl and she's making it work for herself without embarrassment.

I think you're being a little harsh here. I mean, brown isn't a very slimming color.

I left at 10:30. I got home at 12:30. I'm sorry, I'm not going to sit in the pouring rain with a lightning storm nearby to get home at 2 AM when I need to wake up at 6 AM to get my kids ready for school and head to work.

I go to games to support the team and have fun, not to get drenched and miserable while pulling an all-nighter. As it was my feet are stained black from the dye on my socks leaking. My pants are still soaked. My hair is out of control today!

Snow, cold, late (dry) nights - no problem, I'm there till the end. Rain storms during super slow late games - NFW. If anyone wants to beat their chest thinking that they're a better fan than me for staying 90 minutes later than I did, go **** yourself. Take a walk in my shoes for a week and see what you'd do.

And many others can say the same.

That is friggin pitifull. Way too many casual pink hat type fans. Back in the day after a dogfight divisional victory fans wouldn't leave the stadium until forced by security. Unfortunately many of those fans have been 'priced out'
Which is why we saw some louder crowds in 2008 when the wine and cheese crowd turned their tickets in once Brady's knee went.

I do think the crowd was better last season though. The crowd normally shows up when Brady pleads for them to make noise through the press. Last night was a bit of an unusual situation. The energy of the game was flat, and the conditions were crap. The fog horn is a nice touch though. I think it helps get the crowd going for the defense.

It's funny though. The stadium design didn't dampen the sound during the 2012 AFCCG when Spikes picked off Flacco or Cundiff missed. The crowd scared my cat through the speakers when Spikes nabbed that pick.

Stadiums don't choose when to hold noise and when not to. Going back to 2003 the crowd noise has, at times, been considered an advantage. So why would it suck last night playing a division rival before the rain came in?

Because the Gillette crowd last night sucked bigtime. I think the fact it was a Thursday night game probably didn't help. Night games means more time to get lubricated and fall asleep in your seat. Night games mean the working stiffs who give a **** have to sell their tickets to Johnny and Janie Trust Fund because they have to leave for work at 5am the next day.

Muffy and I do SO enjoy our red seats. Went inside early to get out of that awful rain, sorely needed to cleanse the nasty hoi polloi in the 300s. The chablis and brie was a welcome reward for our braving the elements. We were so disappointed that Mr Kraft used this evening to feature Arena league players. Driving out on the preferred access ramp war were chagrined to see that the massive traffic jams for the working class were missing as they had decided to leave early, missing the after dinner cordials.

Everyone who comes on here who doesn't go to games and scream their heads off the whole time should just shut up. You really don't have any credibility when you sit at home in front of your big screen tv whining about the folks who stuck out the horrible weather to cheer on the team. I invite you to go to Gillette some time. I guarantee you that where you are sitting will sound loud, but when you get home you will find one of these threads. The stadium "crowd noise holding" acoustics suck. Nothing we can do about that. The weather last night sucked. Nothing we can do about that. The team on offense last night sucked. Nothing we (the fans) can do about that. The crowd was loud at the appropriate times and many people stuck out the miserable, uncomfortable conditions, not to mention the long walk back to their cars in sopping wet shoes and clothes, to cheer on their team.

If you don't like the way the crowd sounds, then come to the game and do something about it. And if you think that last night you wouldn't have retired to the club (if you could) or the covered concourse, or at least thought about it, you'd be wrong.

I left at 10:30. I got home at 12:30. I'm sorry, I'm not going to sit in the pouring rain with a lightning storm nearby to get home at 2 AM when I need to wake up at 6 AM to get my kids ready for school and head to work.

I go to games to support the team and have fun, not to get drenched and miserable while pulling an all-nighter. As it was my feet are stained black from the dye on my socks leaking. My pants are still soaked. My hair is out of control today!

Snow, cold, late (dry) nights - no problem, I'm there till the end. Rain storms during super slow late games - NFW. If anyone wants to beat their chest thinking that they're a better fan than me for staying 90 minutes later than I did, go **** yourself. Take a walk in my shoes for a week and see what you'd do.

And many others can say the same.

Here here!!

Muffy and I do SO enjoy our red seats. Went inside early to get out of that awful rain, sorely needed to cleanse the nasty hoi polloi in the 300s. The chablis and brie was a welcome reward for our braving the elements. We were so disappointed that Mr Kraft used this evening to feature Arena league players. Driving out on the preferred access ramp war were chagrined to see that the massive traffic jams for the working class were missing as they had decided to leave early, missing the after dinner cordials.

This did make me laugh, PWP, but who amongst us, if we were offered club seats and preferred parking for a game, wouldn't take them? I sure would. And if I was lucky enough to have them last night, you can bet I would have retreated to the club, at least for the 3rd quarter, when the rain was coming down in sheets and not much was happening on the field other than 3 and outs. I also hate beer and bring a bottle of wine to every tailgate. Does this make me a bad fan? I think not.

Everyone who comes on here who doesn't go to games and scream their heads off the whole time should just shut up. You really don't have any credibility when you sit at home in front of your big screen tv whining about the folks who stuck out the horrible weather to cheer on the team. I invite you to go to Gillette some time. I guarantee you that where you are sitting will sound loud, but when you get home you will find one of these threads. The stadium "crowd noise holding" acoustics suck. Nothing we can do about that. The weather last night sucked. Nothing we can do about that. The team on offense last night sucked. Nothing we (the fans) can do about that. The crowd was loud at the appropriate times and many people stuck out the miserable, uncomfortable conditions, not to mention the long walk back to their cars in sopping wet shoes and clothes, to cheer on their team.

If you don't like the way the crowd sounds, then come to the game and do something about it. And if you think that last night you wouldn't have retired to the club (if you could) or the covered concourse, or at least thought about it, you'd be wrong.

I live in Florida. But anyone can send me their tickets and I'll pick up the airfare to glady sit there in the rain and yell when the Pats are on defense. The crowd sucked, it is what it is.

I live in Florida. But anyone can send me their tickets and I'll pick up the airfare to glady sit there in the rain and yell when the Pats are on defense. The crowd sucked, it is what it is.

I have two tickets to every game. Let me know when you're coming up and we'll go. First round is on you. Hope you don't mind the nosebleeds.

I'm totally serious

I will say this. I've been to a few Revs games and the crowd is mostly pretty quiet except for one section behind the goal called The Fort.

These people are legitimately insane. I don't know how so few people can make so much noise and it is NON STOP. The entire game I don't think one of them takes a breath.

Also, the people of Seattle get to cheer about something 8 times a year. I hope they can get up for that.

This did make me laugh, PWP, but who amongst us, if we were offered club seats and preferred parking for a game, wouldn't take them? I sure would. And if I was lucky enough to have them last night, you can bet I would have retreated to the club, at least for the 3rd quarter, when the rain was coming down in sheets and not much was happening on the field other than 3 and outs. I also hate beer and bring a bottle of wine to every tailgate. Does this make me a bad fan? I think not.

I only wish I had access to club seats as I'd like to take the daughters to a game and I imagine access to the ladies rooms might be easier there.

My stupid younger (yes, it's redundant) brother had access last year and after inviting me cancelled the day before giving away his seats because of bad weather. Bummah.

Again, no one is denying that there are fans who do make noise and carry on. Every time I've been to Gillette, there have been far, far more fans sitting on first down when our defense is on the field than there were fans standing. Yeah, they'll get up and make noise on third down, but the crowd energy in Gillette is not usually sustained. New England is a baseball region, and the crowd normally acts like it.

That said, last night was not an exciting or energetic atmosphere. I don't know why, but it was hard to get up for this game. No one is blaming the crowd for hating life last night, but it's a recurrence.

I normally like your stuff here PWP, but this really is stupid, tired, and not at all characteristic of the vibe at Gillette. You should know better.

I live in Florida. The crowd sucked, it is what it is.
Amazing assessment from Florida. I wish I had your powers of extrasensory perception.

Just got home. A win is a win in my eyes. So sick of all this *****ing...this isn't the 2007 pats people...

On topic:

Once it started to pour..people started to hit the exits in the 3rd...in the 4th it was an exodus to the gates with my section in the 200s 1/3 empty at start of 4th. it's rain...get over it. Horrible job by they fans..no intensity once the rain hit. I stayed until 0:00 BTW

I noticed the same thing and I was in section 132. The fans were all quiet and would not even start help me in the defense chants or JETS SUCK SUCK SUCK chants. I was highly disappointed in the lack of enthusiasm, passion, or effort by Pats fants in the lower levels yesterday. Once the rain came, all the pink hats went home...I also stayed until the very end.

So if someone pays $100 for a ticket expecting good weather they're expected to "suck it up" and brave the rain???? It's their money man

picard-facepalm.jpg

spoken like a true pink hat. want to know why the fans are SUPPOSED to be yelling while the Pats are on Defense noob? 12th man...look it up fool.

I am going to shove my pink hat up everyone's ass.

spoken like a true pink hat. want to know why the fans are SUPPOSED to be yelling while the Pats are on Defense noob? 12th man...look it up fool.

Who invited Coolio to the board?

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back