PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

For those who went to the game..you were horrible

It can screw up the defense just as much

The defense doesn't know when to begin the play by cadence. They watch the ball. That's why making noise when the team is on defense is generally encouraged by the stadium with signs on the board saying "MAKE SOME NOISE". You're really struggling with this concept and with the concept of debating in general.

u dumbazz

The irony is as thick as your girlfriend's ass cheeks here. Troll harder, though, because so far you're sucking at it.

BTW, I've sat in and through much worse over the course of my Patriot fanship. That is because...I'm CRAZY. I begrudge no one leaving a game played in conditions like last night. We all run down our own personal grim reaper in the end.Mine will probably come calling following a game like this, either from pneumonia due to exposure, or heart attack in the nursing home due to raging in game apoplexy.

I literally was pacing in a 4-foot space in front of my seat last night. I occasionally looked down at my feet as a waterfall streamed off my head. The thought of Gee-No! completing a pass into field goal range late in the fourth quarter was sheer torment.

But more than anything the Green Beans did, Thompkins and Dobson missing passes they should've caught had me mumbling profanities to myself. THEN, did you see Ridley juggle the ball at the end on that pitch from Brady??? Had he dropped that and Jersey recovered, it could've blown the season.

Playing poorly against the Green Beans at home is not good for mental health.

So the fans made the receivers drop and Brady overthrow everything? Can't blame people for paying hundreds to watch that horrible game, one of the worst home outings in this era.

the effect of crowd noise is vastly overblown.....back when indy used to pump in extra noise, it made a difference....seattle, for some reason, the crowd noise seems louder, and does appear to have some effect......but somehow i think the part where seattle actually has a solid defense seems to come into play much more

i don't go to Foxoboro these days, despite being able to get tickets more or less at will.....too long a ride for a game that is better watched on TV.....i get the whole experience aspect, but i'd rather be able to watch the game

we take our daughters to a few Sox games every year; I spend more of the game sitting and talking baseball with my kids more than anything - we stand up and cheer when the game calls for it, but i don't need a drunken lout with misguided notions that he's part of the game screaming in my ear all game, nor do i need the same person judging our "fandom" and screaming at us to 'get up' or 'yell' - we've had both happen

crowd noise can help or hurt......but its overall effect is way, way overblown

i've never played in front of crowds even approaching those levels.....but i did play in front of 10,000.....i've played and coached in crowded gyms and stadiums....and i can't recall ever even noticing anyone in the stands that wasn't my parents save for a cute girl or two along the way...

too many fans wan't to be 'part' of something and somehow think their behavior puts them in the game.....
Ever play inner-city hoops? It's typically maybe 100 for a summer league game and if you don't notice the crowd you're deaf.

That said again I don't begrudge anyone for enjoying the game in their own way. Spending time with the family can be a great way. But IMHO people shouldn't be offended if we notice a lack of noise. I don't agree with OP on people should be ashamed etc but agree it was mild at least.

I literally was pacing in a 4-foot space in front of my seat last night. I occasionally looked down at my feet as a waterfall streamed off my head. The thought of Gee-No! completing a pass into field goal range late in the fourth quarter was sheer torment.

But more than anything the Green Beans did, Thompkins and Dobson missing passes they should've caught had me mumbling profanities to myself. THEN, did you see Ridley juggle the ball at the end on that pitch from Brady??? Had he dropped that and Jersey recovered, it could've blown the season.

Playing poorly against the Green Beans at home is not good for mental health.

Yeah, Ridley was pretty bad last night. He had the look of a man who has lost his confidence. He was probably trying so hard not to fumble he forgot to move his feet forward. It did not help that they (or he, not sure which) kept running him to the same spot, with crappy blocking, with the same result (somewhere between a one yard loss and a one yard gain). Blount never gets more than 2 yards and the former Jet whose name escapes me did nothing. I think they need to look up Winn from preseason. Maybe he'll show something out there. And where is Boldin?

So the fans made the receivers drop and Brady overthrow everything? Can't blame people for paying hundreds to watch that horrible game, one of the worst home outings in this era.

How so? We all knew the O would struggle. We've all been asking when the D would mature and bail out the O. They did.

If the D continues to progress, one or two rooks step up (they got open) and injuries heal this team could be VERY good. Not that far fetched. 2-0 people.

Yeah, Ridley was pretty bad last night. He had the look of a man who has lost his confidence. He was probably trying so hard not to fumble he forgot to move his feet forward. It did not help that they (or he, not sure which) kept running him to the same spot, with crappy blocking, with the same result (somewhere between a one yard loss and a one yard gain). Blount never gets more than 2 yards and the former Jet whose name escapes me did nothing. I think they need to look up Winn from preseason. Maybe he'll show something out there. And where is Boldin?

Leon Washington is the former Jet. I think Boldon has been hurt.

I think the Jets deserve some credit for stifling our run game as their front seven is pretty good. I wasn't real pleased with the offensive game plan in general -- too predictably straight-ahead both running and passing; not enough to keep Jersey off balance. But they would've been OK with just a bit better execution, especially by the rookie WRs.

I most certainly do remember your commutes from China for games which is why I would never criticize you and the only part I thought would piss you off was my getting home the exact same time despite not missing anything. Everything else was just me being long winded as usual.

Little does he know that I'm crashing at his house after the next night game!

Leon Washington is the former Jet. I think Boldon has been hurt.

I think the Jets deserve some credit for stifling our run game as their front seven is pretty good. I wasn't real pleased with the offensive game plan in general -- too predictably straight-ahead both running and passing; not enough to keep Jersey off balance. But they would've been OK with just a bit better execution, especially by the rookie WRs.

I think McDaniels is getting too much flak for some of those piss poor plays. A lot of them were Brady audibles where a run would become a shotgun pass when the Jets were lining up in nickel. Third and three is a good example of that. Brady is under center, he audibles, retreats into the shotgun, and the pass in the flats in incomplete. The offensive gameplan wasn't stellar last night, but a good portion of the poorly called plays is on Brady audibles.

How so? We all knew the O would struggle. We've all been asking when the D would mature and bail out the O. They did.

If the D continues to progress, one or two rooks step up (they got open) and injuries heal this team could be VERY good. Not that far fetched. 2-0 people.

We all or the media and other fans? Because they have been wrong most of the time going back 10 years alone. They have no excuses for that, are you saying this is one of the worst offenses in football? Down there with NYJ, ARI, CLE etc.? I didn't expect that and most people seem shocked around town today.

I don't like relying on Gronk, unlike baseball when Buccholz can lounge around for months, Gronk has to get in shape, and one more injury ruins the year. This is how we look late against champions (BAL, NYG) not week 2.

We all or the media and other fans? Because they have been wrong most of the time going back 10 years alone. They have no excuses for that, are you saying this is one of the worst offenses in football? Down there with NYJ, ARI, CLE etc.? I didn't expect that and most people seem shocked around town today.

I don't like relying on Gronk, unlike baseball when Buccholz can lounge around for months, Gronk has to get in shape, and one more injury ruins the year. This is how we look late against champions (BAL, NYG) not week 2.

There were plenty of posts even threads on this board saying the D would have to win this one. Look I'm all for next man up but the two most productive guys from week 1 and arguably the biggest threat in the NFL were all out and it was pretty clear to me the O aod struggle against a good D. I didn't think that much but the dropsies were close in a few cases ((Dobsons 2nd "TD" comes to mind). I'm excited to see if they can put it together on O if the rooks come around the rest can get healthy and the D remains stout.

I also hate beer and bring a bottle of wine to every tailgate. Does this make me a bad fan? I think not.

Why only one bottle of wine?

Why only one bottle of wine?

Too much temptation as I am the only one who drinks it and usually I have to drive home :)

maybe we should build a dome up here

I agree I was not there but it sounded like the loudest moment was during half time. Really you pay all that money for a ticket at least stay the whole game I'm luckey to get to 3 games a year I've never left early beacuse of the score or weather you rougt it out if half the fun.

I agree I was not there but it sounded like the loudest moment was during half time. Really you pay all that money for a ticket at least stay the whole game I'm luckey to get to 3 games a year I've never left early beacuse of the score or weather you rougt it out if half the fun.

a guy in front of me feel alseep...alseep in the 2nd..a guy walking up the isle goes..."hey...HEY..you paid how much to fall asleep? It's a football game...wake the **** up" Was pretty funny

a guy in front of me feel alseep...alseep in the 2nd..a guy walking up the isle goes..."hey...HEY..you paid how much to fall asleep? It's a football game...wake the **** up" Was pretty funny

Wow that's just not right that guy should just stay home let someone who wants to be there go. Don't blame that guy at all for yelling at him I would of done the same.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back