PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

For those who went to the game..you were horrible

Many here like to tout the Pats as having "taken over" NE sports. If last night's crowd was any indication I respectfully disagree. Stadium looked empty 20 mins before kickoff and sounded empty all game. I'm not one of the "if you don't want to stand all game don't go" crowd but people obv sitting and not cheering on Jets 3rd and long in big situations was PATHETIC. Way before the rain.

I'm shocked anyone stayed to watch that debacle BEFORE it started to pour.
Usually quite critical of the worst home crowd in the NFL but you guys get a pass last night.

BTW can the Patriots get rid of that silly horn they blow regularly throughout the game?? Sounds so so lame.

Where's the thumbs down? You became a fan in 2007? Ugly wins used to be beautiful. Especially under the circumstances. (Agree on the horn).

Even before the rain the crowd sucked a fat one. Defense was on the field and the cameras would pan through the crowd with people sitting down, head in hands, looking completely bored. It was embarrassing.

I'd love it if the Red Seats were dissolved as a section. They're a massive reminder of how the game is a corporate interest first, and a thing for passionate fans second.

I'm shocked anyone stayed to watch that debacle BEFORE it started to pour.
Usually quite critical of the worst home crowd in the NFL but you guys get a pass last night.

BTW can the Patriots get rid of that silly horn they blow regularly throughout the game?? Sounds so so lame.

No way, I love that horn. It mocks the other team

Where's the thumbs down? You became a fan in 2007? Ugly wins used to be beautiful. Especially under the circumstances. (Agree on the horn).

I kinda dig the whole fog horn / nautical theme.

Ugly wins are beautiful. But the newer spoiled 'whine n cheese' crowd expects 45 points / 1 or 2 punt performances. Games like this will prepare this team for January football.

I kinda dig the whole fog horn / nautical theme.

Ugly wins are beautiful. But the newer spoiled 'whine n cheese' crowd expects 45 points / 1 or 2 punt performances. Games like this will prepare this team for January football.

The horn would be great if used sparingly and with the right crowd. As much as I hate Fireman Ed when he did his thing at the right time it was raucous (been there live many times). Guess my point is it doesn't seem to add much.

Lots of grousing from the fans, but that was reminiscent of some tough wins they gutted out in the Parcells era. Nothing wrong with a close, hard fought defensive battle.

I'm usually prepared for anything but for some reason left my raincoat in the car; I stayed until the end and was still soaking wet when I got home around 2:00 am. I had to take a 20 minute blistering hot shower to get the chill off.

At the tailgate before the game, some guy parked next to me decided to throw a rock over the fence into the woods. Problem was he hit a tree - the rock richocheted back over the fence and took out the rear windshield of a BMW SUV. Good times ...

This is nothing new though, so what's the point in whining about it every week haha... our crowd is never going to be loud. We're lucky that we have a home-field advantage in so far as TB/BB seem to just like playing at home and thus have a good record there.

A true HFA with a "12th man" type atmosphere? Nah, not happening until we get rid of the old rich farts.

I gave up on season tix with the advent of big screen hd and the infestation of pink hats

it's a below average game environment at Gillette, but I get what Kraft has done

You know, that moron reminded me of his fat slob sister who will die without ever having a date....I saw all of those green gangbangers trying to get thrown out...what a scumbag team...never fails...worst collection of miscreants in any sport on EARTH

Don't sugarcoat it, Joe.

Our stadium is not built to hold noise, so I can understand why it didn't sound loud on TV. But if fans started leaving in the 3rd quarter, that's awful. It's a close game.

I was there the whole game and I didn't see a ton of people in the lower or upper bowl leaving. The red seaters definitely took cover indoors the whole second half, but otherwise I felt given the conditions it was a solid showing. Our entire section (123) was full up until the 2nd Talib INT.

The noise thing has been discussed ad nauseum. The stadium sucks for acoustics and the red seaters suck as fans unless conditions are perfect. Get over it. The Pats still have one of, if not the best home field records in NFL history since moving to Gillette.

Our stadium is not built to hold noise, so I can understand why it didn't sound loud on TV. But if fans started leaving in the 3rd quarter, that's awful. It's a close game.

This has been belabored many times on this board, but there have been times that the stadium has been noticeably loud on the TV. It's just not a loud crowd by nature. They're not like the Seachickens or the Ravens crowds that have a tradition of proactively getting loud for their team. The Gillette crowd can get plenty loud, but it depends on the energy in the game. Last night's game was uninspiring, and the crowd was uninspired.

playing devils advocate here

the weather was horrible
The teams playing played horribly
It was a thursday night game

I think there was enough elements when brought together made leaving early acceptable. The only way to show the team you are not happy with them is to leave.

Glad we got the win, Still hopeful that the rookies will start to step up, but i dont think i would have hung around after the rain and the punt fest kept rolling on.

I'd love it if the Red Seats were dissolved as a section. They're a massive reminder of how the game is a corporate interest first, and a thing for passionate fans second.

I think they should leave the seats but make them separate from the luxury boxes. Make those Corporate dopes stay inside all the time and let other people use the seats.

Our stadium is not built to hold noise

Stadiums don't choose when to hold noise and when not to. Going back to 2003 the crowd noise has, at times, been considered an advantage. So why would it suck last night playing a division rival before the rain came in?

Because the Gillette crowd last night sucked bigtime. I think the fact it was a Thursday night game probably didn't help. Night games means more time to get lubricated and fall asleep in your seat. Night games mean the working stiffs who give a **** have to sell their tickets to Johnny and Janie Trust Fund because they have to leave for work at 5am the next day.

It's not the acoustics when you don't see more than a few people in thousands sitting, not clapping or cheering on big defensive 3rd downs in the 1st half before it rained.

Stadiums don't choose when to hold noise and when not to. Going back to 2003 the crowd noise has, at times, been considered an advantage. So why would it suck last night playing a division rival before the rain came in?

Because the Gillette crowd last night sucked bigtime. I think the fact it was a Thursday night game probably didn't help. Night games means more time to get lubricated and fall asleep in your seat. Night games mean the working stiffs who give a **** have to sell their tickets to Johnny and Janie Trust Fund because they have to leave for work at 5am the next day.

I agree that we don't have a loud crowd to begin with, but stadium architecture does help to amplify crowd noise.

I went to three Pats games during 2007. I went to the MNF @Baltimore that year, and that was the loudest crowd I've ever heard. Everyone in the stadium was standing, chanting defense, and beating on their seats from the opening kickoff. It was a drastic difference from the Pats crowd against the Steelers the next week who sat down for the most part until it was time to taunt the guy who guaranteed a Steelers win.

It's basically an extension of the Red Sox fan crowd: Yell and cheer when stuff happens. It is what it is. Obviously there are diehards out there who scream and carry on, but they're not a majority (Joker and Tune, I'm guessing).

The design might make a marginal difference in the end, but I've heard 15,000 Englishmen in a goat pasture they call a soccer stadium get louder than the Patriots crowd normally does. Bad acoustics don't put muzzles on half of the crowd.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back