PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN back on the Brady bandwagon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correction

Drew Brees is on top

I respect the analysts that said Brees is now elite with Brady and Manning.

I still think Manning is a better overall QB than Tom Brady but it's a close race. In terms of success though, it's ludicrous to consider anyone but Tom Brady though.

You probably only still think Manning is the better overall QB because you would look foolish to back down from your point now. IMO, I think you went with the flavor of the month as well. Tell me, did you think that Manning was the better overall QB in 2007 when Brady finally got some weapons and lit up the league to the tune of 50 TD's and 8 INT's? You probably did, right?

:bricks:

ESPN stinks always has always will.

You probably only still think Manning is the better overall QB because you would look foolish to back down from your point now. IMO, I think you went with the flavor of the month as well. Tell me, did you think that Manning was the better overall QB in 2007 when Brady finally got some weapons and lit up the league to the tune of 50 TD's and 8 INT's? You probably did, right?

I don't base my opinions on one season so yes, I thought it was still Manning.

I have yet to see Brady play a season outside of '07 where he is 100% mentally and physically and has a decent supporting cast. If he gets some people that can catch and has another outstanding year (not 2007 stats but impressive) I might back off of Manning.

I don't base my opinions on one season so yes, I thought it was still Manning.

I have yet to see Brady play a season outside of '07 where he is 100% mentally and physically and has a decent supporting cast. If he gets some people that can catch and has another outstanding year (not 2007 stats but impressive) I might back off of Manning.

Brady's been better than Manning since long before '07, and his adjusted numbers (home/home and Indoors/Indoors) are better than Manning's despite having generally had a far lesser receiving corps and a lesser running game for most of his career.

Last edited:
Brady's been better than Manning since long before '07, and his adjusted numbers (home/home and Indoors/Indoors) are better than Manning's despite having generally had a far lesser receiving corps and a lesser running game for most of his career.

Fine

You've convinced me

thank you for showing me the light

You're the one who tried pulling the "stats" argument.

I wasn't upset

I don't want Manning to be better it was just an opinion

I wasn't upset

I don't want Manning to be better it was just an opinion

You should really look into it more. I suspect next season in Foxboro will help you to remember.

Take your logic elsewhere

:bricks:

The same logic that says Manning is 1-6 in the play-offs against likely HOF quarterbacks, while Big Ben is 8-2 overall, has two rings and made SuperBowl run saving and winning plays in both affairs against teams led by two HOF quarterbacks? The tackle against the Colts and the final drive against the Cardinals. Yeah thanks I´ll take Big Ben, if I need a big drive or play to win me a big game in the end, not the guy, who put up less points against the Saints than Bruce Gradkowski´s Raiders. The guy, who road the coattails of his defense and kicker to his SuperBowl ring even worse than a sophomore Big Ben.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye