PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eric Mangini regrets Spygate result

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Mangini when he says he regrets the result of Spygate. He, like we and 95% of those in the NFL thought the punishment was excessive and the media witchhunt and blatant misrepresentation of what the Patriots were actually guilty of was completely outrageous.
Would love to see someone take a poll of NFL fans with a large sample size. Make it a multiple choice and ask fans to identify the one example of what the Patriots were actually caught doing in the Jet game. Maybe 20% would get it right. Media bias and spin is poison and spygate is a great example of it.

Last edited:
- Goodell is a sham of a commissioner for over-reacting as he did. It was his responsibility to protect BB, the Patriots, and their fans from all this and instead he fanned the flames. Goodell did irreparable harm by screwing this one up. The matter should be reviewed in the offseason and he should lose his job for it.

Finally, the root cause of the angst of spygate issue is revealed.

Yes what we did was wrong. Yes we should have been punished!

But the guy doing the punishing is a diehard JETS fan.

Roger "I bleed green and white and not just because I have the clap" Goddell is a joke as commisioner and needs to go away. Period! Is there not a fantasy league out there in need of a commissioner. Let Goddell screw that fantasy league up and quit distroying the NFL.

Did we ever figure out why is perfectly fine to film your opponents from the press box (or any roofed area in the stands, actually), but not from the sidelines? Is it an attempt to reduce the crowd on the sidelines? Or maybe to keep the cameras out of the sight of fans, to perpetuate the myth that nobody is filming anything? I don't recall ever hearing the rationale behind the rule explained.

Did we ever figure out why is perfectly fine to film your opponents from the press box (or any roofed area in the stands, actually), but not from the sidelines? Is it an attempt to reduce the crowd on the sidelines? Or maybe to keep the cameras out of the sight of fans, to perpetuate the myth that nobody is filming anything? I don't recall ever hearing the rationale behind the rule explained.

I thought it had to do with not being able to use the film for in-game adjustments. If you have the video on the sideline you can look at it at any time, including during the game. My understanding is the filming in the booth is controlled and distributed by the NFL AFTER the game, so there is no way you can use it during the game.

What a bunch of crybabies. Just accept the fact your coach cheated, which tainted all those championships. The franchise had to pay a penalty. Now keep it moving.

I thought it had to do with not being able to use the film for in-game adjustments. If you have the video on the sideline you can look at it at any time, including during the game. My understanding is the filming in the booth is controlled and distributed by the NFL AFTER the game, so there is no way you can use it during the game.

Thanks, that actually sounds reasonable.

What a bunch of crybabies. Just accept the fact your coach cheated, which tainted all those championships. The franchise had to pay a penalty. Now keep it moving.

Do us all a favor and go back to Jetsinsider, Jess.

Why is this board inundated with Jest trolls?! If I was a mod, I would ban everyone of these jagoffs. :rocker:

:ugh: :trolls::ban?::deadhorse::beatingcoming::scream: :banned2: :idontgetit:

well did I miss any other relevant smilies ????

Last edited:
Why is this board inundated with Jest trolls?! If I was a mod, I would ban everyone of these jagoffs. :rocker:

My comment was the first opposing point of view in 13 pages of this thread. I would not exactly call that "innundated".

My comment was the first opposing point of view in 13 pages of this thread. I would not exactly call that "innundated".
That may indeed be true.

But, what eactly did the Patriots do wrong (in your opinion) that was classified as cheating?

We've been inundated with idiotic Jets trolls, and that doesn't necessarily apply specifically to this one thread. Your comment was idiotic, as many of theirs have been, and the best case scenario for you is that your post was the product of willful ignorance. If it's anything else, it becomes an issue of either your character or intelligence.

That's really rich (crybabies) coming from someone whose team hasn't even been in a SB in 43 years. You'll never get over the fact that arguably the best coach in the history of the NFL, after accepting a job with your team, had well-considered second thoughts and held a press conference to tell the Jests and the world, "Uh, thanks anyway" - and then went on to win 3 SBs in 4 years with the team you are most jealous of and want to be most like. Sorry, sport, it ain't happenin'...

Sad fact is this is how most fans accross the country view this franchise.

That's really rich (crybabies) coming from someone whose team hasn't even been in a SB in 43 years. You'll never get over the fact that arguably the best coach in the history of the NFL, after accepting a job with your team, had well-considered second thoughts and held a press conference to tell the Jests and the world, "Uh, thanks anyway" - and then went on to win 3 SBs in 4 years with the team you are most jealous of and want to be most like. Sorry, sport, it ain't happenin'...

Sort of OT, but relevant to the post in question. Do we have any really skilled graphic artist-types here? I think a gr8 graphic upon banning a Rats fan would be to have the banning message appear to be written on a napkin being handed to them by BB.

Last edited:
Sad fact is this is how most fans accross the country view this franchise.
I travel fairly often and I think your comment is somewhat on the money. I think casual, less knowledgeable football fans absolutely view the Pats that way. More serious and rabid fans verbalize that same sentiment to get under Pats' fans skins (successfully, by the way), but if you press, them many will admit that the taping was prevalent across the league for a long time and that the Pats were punished because they failed to stop when Mein Fuehrer put down his edict. Once past that, many fans of other teams will grudgingly concede that the championships aren't really tainted, but they know that those claims really bother us - and they do. Just my observation.

but they know that those claims really bother us - and they do..

Well, yeah. I mean who wants other fans calling into question their team's championships.

I'm surprised that people don't give Broncos fans an even harder time about Elway's back-to-back championships where they tampered with the cap. That was more serious of a violation of the rules and directly lead to the team winning.

I think crybaby Jets fans need to accept the fact that there is no taint. Coaches and the league have said that there was no advantage, the trophies are still in the case, there are no asterisks in the record books and they are even making a documentary film about Belichick as one of the greatest coaches of all time. I know it hurts but it is time to grow up and get over it.

Your team was caught 'cheating' by the Patriots in early 2007. Difference between your team and our team is that the Jets snitched and the Pats didn't.

The Rats were found to be cheating by a national viewing audience when they tripped a Dolphins player. Their defense was to try and use the media to show that the Pats did it too.

Way to "Rat up" NY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back