PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eric RATgini: Jimmy G won't be traded

Status
Not open for further replies.
The worst part of watching the NFL channel playing all the SB's was seeing "The Rat" on the Pats sideline.

The crux of the argument seems to be:
If you think (Garoppolo is) a franchise quarterback and you're sitting on a 39-year-old quarterback, it's your obligation to do everything you can to keep (Garoppolo), to have that succession plan in place — not just for yourself, but also for the organization.
Interesting thing to me is that many of the mediots who've had coach or GM positions tend to point this out a lot more than those who have not.
So the pertinent question is "What are other teams going to do? What are the Browns/Bears/49ers going to do?"
And is that pick(s) providing better player(s) than just keeping JG around as a one-year insurance policy then using the franchise tag to control his rights for next year too?

Eric Mangini does not think Patriots will trade Jimmy Garoppolo

Not that this doofus has any inside information, but he thinks Bill is going to keep Jimmy G around.

Personally, I think if Tom wants to play for another 5 years, you just can't keep Jimmy G in the bench until he's 29. I think the patriots owe it to trade him if he's not in their plans as a starter.

I think the 49ers made a mistake in not keeping Joe Montana around longer. Yes they had steve young but montana could have gotten 1-2 more rings.

I agree with Mangini's view of Belichick's mind set. Only Draftniks think he won't be valuable, when he is franchised. There simply are not enough franchise type QBs, Meanwhile he is worth his weight in gold when seeking Lombardi #6...

Looks like a lot of people are in for another Belichick surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back