PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

boohoo, Fredo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Florio, in his Mangini post wrote the following “Mangini knew that Patriots coach Bill Belichick recorded defensive coaching signals in violation of league rules”, Well we all know that this simply is NOT true. So I posted what's below

"THIS is the biggest lie of them all. There has NEVER been an NFL rule that denied teams the right to film other team’s signals during a game. NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The truth is, the league office sent teams a memo limiting WHERE teams could place the cameras to film opposing teams signals. Not a rule that was never passed by the competition committee. And yes it was as stupid as it sounds, and probably why BB ignored it….much to his regret.

I repeat. It has NEVER been against league rules to film other teams signals. So the statement above just shows how little the general public really knows about what ACTUALLY happened. And how much his little molehill has turned into a mountain."

20 minutes later I went back to see how people reacted to my post. Needless to say I went back to find my post had been deleted and reposted it and added this.

"WHY was this post deleted before. It’s not vulgar or disrespectful. IT’S THE TRUTH. Is writing the truth grounds for deletion. You certainly allow the haters to write whatever comes out of their addled minds. Again, why would you delete this????"

I'm going to go back in about 15 minutes to see if its still there. I'm not hopeful.

BTW- I find it curious that even though Florio has proven that he isn't one of Goodell's tools, he's razor thin skinned about anything that is even remotely critical of anything he writes, even if it's just constructive criticism. I originally was going to spank him a bit by adding "Mike you should know better", but didn't because I knew what would happened. Clearly it didn't help.

I am glad that I am not the only one that has their posts deleted. Razor thin skinned is an accurate description.

Pardon my language but...

This Benedict Arnold mother****er can go straight to hell. Bouhouhou, I didn't mean too. Screw you traitor.

Some cultural sensitivity here please!
There are several UK pats fans here who appreciate Benedict Arnold's valiant efforts for the Crown.

Florio, in his Mangini post wrote the following “Mangini knew that Patriots coach Bill Belichick recorded defensive coaching signals in violation of league rules”, ......

"WHY was this post deleted before. It’s not vulgar or disrespectful. IT’S THE TRUTH. Is writing the truth grounds for deletion. You certainly allow the haters to write whatever comes out of their addled minds. Again, why would you delete this????"

I'm going to go back in about 15 minutes to see if its still there. I'm not hopeful.

BTW- I find it curious that even though Florio has proven that he isn't one of Goodell's tools, he's razor thin skinned about anything that is even remotely critical of anything he writes, even if it's just constructive criticism. I originally was going to spank him a bit by adding "Mike you should know better", but didn't because I knew what would happened. Clearly it didn't help.
He does not delete post, they never get posted. See, when you first write a comment, only you will see it, the owner of the story later goes and approve the ones he wants. Sometimes, they get so much that they get tired after reading through so many.
Florio makes sure he or his team approve of comments before they are posted however. Watch Florio's post late at night, they never have any comments till late the next morning.

I can accept Mangini's claims that he didn't know the sideline taping story would blow up like it did. Who could have imagined it would brought up regularly for the next 9 years. Or that the NFL, not angry fans of a rival team or media members with an axe to grind, but the league itself, would use it as the basis for an even more extreme punishment for another minor violation (which didn't even happen.) There's no way Mangini could have seen that coming.

He had to have an idea something would happen and it wouldn't be good, though. It was around 2005 or 2006 that Belichick's post game handshakes were examined in detail and critiqued. The guy was getting scrutinized to see if he shook other coaches hands long enough. You'd have to be a fool to think to think a story about Belichick violating a league rule would be glossed over.

With all his spare time now, maybe Mangini can build a time machine, go back to September of 2007 and place a phone call to Belichick, telling him to not even think about putting a camera guy on the sideline week 1, he's not kidding around, NFL security will be there and they will blow this story up like nothing you've ever seen before. Everyone involved, and the game of football itself, would be much better off it that happened. Oh, and he could also mention that, in the Super Bowl, the Giants defensive line will pressure the crap out of you, so think of some ways to counteract that.

Mangini----------------------Belichick
2hmih5l.jpg

Mangini: "I apologize, Bill. Never meant to harm you or the Patriots."

5 minutes later....

33e7i1h.jpg
Have you ever seen that movie?

But do you think he would've acted differently had he known?

Yes. I would say that he definitely regrets what transpired and is remorseful for the damage that it has done to Belichick and the Krafts.

Florio, in his Mangini post wrote the following “Mangini knew that Patriots coach Bill Belichick recorded defensive coaching signals in violation of league rules”, Well we all know that this simply is NOT true. So I posted what's below

"THIS is the biggest lie of them all. There has NEVER been an NFL rule that denied teams the right to film other team’s signals during a game. NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The truth is, the league office sent teams a memo limiting WHERE teams could place the cameras to film opposing teams signals. Not a rule that was never passed by the competition committee. And yes it was as stupid as it sounds, and probably why BB ignored it….much to his regret.

I repeat. It has NEVER been against league rules to film other teams signals. So the statement above just shows how little the general public really knows about what ACTUALLY happened. And how much his little molehill has turned into a mountain."

20 minutes later I went back to see how people reacted to my post. Needless to say I went back to find my post had been deleted and reposted it and added this.

Just learned something here. Am I reading this correctly? There has NEVER been a rule about where NOT to film? The league made a rule without the competition committee approval? Has it ever been approved?

If this is all true, how in the **** were the penalties ever imposed?

Even more confused now. Thanks, I think!

Yea you need to read it a couple of times. It is confusing.

Just like we learned with Deflategate, if its too complex no one wants to bother understanding the detail.

finally someone in the media recognizes what spygate was

I have been frustrated with BB never speaking out about this over the years and people just beating him down but as always his approach has worked. His work as a football coach has made him rise above all that nonsense and people still consider him the best.

Somehow I doubt Mangini insisting to the media that he has regrets over spygate compels BB to absolve Mangini's regret over spygate. In fact, it seems shocking to me that someone who supposedly was so close to BB thinks airing his apologies in the public would fly well.

I remember the putz was on ESPN back in 2011 or 2012, voicing the same apology, then compared his relationship to BB with "the Patriots defense: a work in progress." Sure BB really was moved by that one. Honestly think the whole thing is more about Mangini trying to 'rebrand' himself from his rat reputation that he probably has.

Some cultural sensitivity here please!
There are several UK pats fans here who appreciate Benedict Arnold's valiant efforts for the Crown.

but Arnold was smart and never tried to return to the colonies after his treason

Have you ever seen that movie?

Agreed.

A better analogy would be Goodell as Drago and BB as Rocky, but it is just so difficult to imagine BB saying "Yo Adrianne".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back